Votes: 416 54.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
To be better than the Sens?? Are you f***ing kidding me?

How about the Sens get in the playoffs before criticizing the way the Leafs play when they’re in there :dunno:
Yeah, the Sens were a OT goal away from the final in 2017. Then they went into a full rebuild with no expectations of playoffs until this or next season.

When were the leafs last that successful? 1993?

All teams go through cycles. But not being able to win a playoff series with your best roster in 3 decades is...a special type of sad.

All NHL fans have the moral authority to criticise the leafs.

Reactions: Sens9292

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Brady had a xg% of 26.68% tonight. Marner couldn't be that bad if he was drunk and stoned at the same time. Honestly...this thread is a joke.
Thread is a joke yet here we are no? Must be anti leafs bias that people don't want the small weaker guy who doesn't stand up for his teammates , even if he produces more

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Thread is a joke yet here we are no? Must be anti leafs bias that people don't want the small weaker guy who doesn't stand up for his teammates , even if he produces more
Sorry...thought this was a hockey discussion. Go ahead and value Brady over McDavid for all I care. Just don't be shocked if people perceive the notion as idiotic.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Yeah, the Sens were a OT goal away from the final in 2017. Then they went into a full rebuild with no expectations of playoffs until this or next season.

All teams go through cycles. But not being able to win a playoff series with your best roster in 3 decades is...a special type of sad.

Who cares? What does that have to do with Tkachuk?

After they went to the ECF (which was supposedly due to Karlsson alone), Karlsson nuked the team with all his drama. The Leafs may have been bad, but they didn't have to put up with that shit.

When Brady actually accomplishes something, I'm sure we'll hear about it.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Who cares? What does that have to do with Tkachuk?

After they went to the ECF (which was supposedly due to Karlsson alone), Karlsson nuked the team with all his drama. The Leafs may have been bad, but they didn't have to put up with that shit.

When Brady actually accomplishes something, I'm sure we'll hear about it.
I as a fan care that my team does well in the playoffs...watching long playoff runs is the best part of hockey, but you wouldn't know that.

I wasn't responding to a comment about Tkachuk.

Sens nuked themselves with the Duchene trade and walking Stone right to FA. Karlsson drama? Not signing him to a huge contract was the right call. How is that drama? The return was great and Karlsson got paid. Both sides won. If you don't follow the Sens...why make comments like that?

Leafs have lacked much in the way of accomplishments for a very long time and fans have had to put up with all kinds of shit...

Brady and Marner will both have great careers.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Sorry...thought this was a hockey discussion. Go ahead and value Brady over McDavid for all I care. Just don't be shocked if people perceive the notion as idiotic.

Why on Earth would I do that?

Marner and McDavid are not in the same stratosphere.

Nice attempt though.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Why on Earth would I do that?

Marner and McDavid are not in the same stratosphere.

Nice attempt though.
Marner and Tkachuk aren't in the same stratosphere yet you have no problem citing smaller size in that case to make a dumb point. Faced with a player who is only 12 lbs heavier than Marner though and the argument breaks down because it would be downright embarrassing to attempt to apply the same point in the case of McDavid.
Why don't you stick with accomplishments instead of nebulas attributes that have translated to zero team success.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018

Nah the sens don't. Y'all have gotten bitch slapped by the leafs every.single.time.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Marner and Tkachuk aren't in the same stratosphere yet you have no problem citing smaller size in that case to make a dumb point. Faced with a player who is only 12 lbs heavier than Marner though and the argument breaks down because it would be downright embarrassing to attempt to apply the same point in the case of McDavid.
Why don't you stick with accomplishments instead of nebulas attributes that have translated to zero team success.

It has nothing to do with size.

Marchand is shorter and lighter than Marner. Nobody would ever question his compete or desire to show up for his teammates.

Nobody would ever be left wondering if Marchand took the long way to a loose puck to avoid a hit.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario

When Ottawa was in the 2017 Eastern Conference Finals, they had not even drafted Tkachuk at that time, that happened 1 year later in the 2018.

The fact they were that close to a Stanley Cup Final and became a joke of a franchise in such a short order is not something I want to brag about.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com

think they lost to Carolina in the conference finals in like 02

Leafs were a dumpster fire when the salary cap first started. they had like 63m which was alot back then and had to cut down to 39m that along with trading all their prospects/picks trying to win prior to the salary cap put them on an extremely dark path but back at that time it was normal for the Leafs to do something in the playoffs. lost to Carolina in the Conference Finals and then lost to Philly twice in the 2nd round.

all teams do go through cycles but when you been gutted that badly and all your top players are refusing to waive their NTC to help the rebuild it didnt make things easier at all. that and a complete joke of a scouting staff didnt help anything

as for not winning now, there are no excuses for it. they just gotta figure out a way to get it done

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
If they miss the playoffs eight years in a row and then lose in the first round six years in a row then I’ll be concerned.
Id be concerned if Ottawa isn't getting into playoff territory as early as next or the following season. alot of their core is signed long term.
They should have been challenging for a spot this year or at the very least a wild card position.

Reactions: LeafsNation75
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad