• Mitch Marner

Votes: 416 54.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
That said , was it a dumb take from fans who were saying that? Probably yeah, he's a great player but to act like it never happened and the pitchforks weren't out is disingenuous
I never denied that there was Leafs fans who wanted Marner traded, especially after the series loss against Montreal, which I said was one of his worst playoff series he's had in Toronto.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I never denied that there was Leafs fans who wanted Marner traded, especially after the series loss against Montreal, which I said was one of his worst playoff series he's had in Toronto.
yep and last year as well, well most years.
Hers one of the ones from last year

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Even when a Leafs player is playing tremendously there will be some donkeys saying the club should trade the player while their value is high or some other nonsense.

That kind of nonsense is the price one pays being a Leafs fan. A fanbase that large also has a large number of people who.. aren't bright.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Even when a Leafs player is playing tremendously there will be some donkeys saying the club should trade the player while their value is high or some other nonsense.

That kind of nonsense is the price one pays being a Leafs fan. A fanbase that large also has a large number of people who.. aren't bright.
In your opinion

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
yep and last year as well, well most years.
Hers one of the ones from last year
I guess you didn't see where most of the replies were against trading him after last years playoffs.

So, in that example was one Leafs fans opinion.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
They havent been as good at the same age is what I am saying. He is a bit of a Hossa/Havlat hybrid that plays center. Will he be that good? It remains to be seen but thus far into all their respective careers he has exceeded them.
Brady had a xg% of 26.68% tonight. Marner couldn't be that bad if he was drunk and stoned at the same time. Honestly...this thread is a joke.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Brady had a xg% of 26.68% tonight. Marner couldn't be that bad if he was drunk and stoned at the same time. Honestly...this thread is a joke.
And Brady would never no show for his teammates as much as marner has when it counts most. So here we are. 1967 when there was 6 teams in the league. Never win 3 consecutive playoff series in franchise history. Etc etc etc.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
And Brady would never no show for his teammates as much as marner has when it counts most. So here we are. 1967 when there was 6 teams in the league. Never win 3 consecutive playoff series in franchise history. Etc etc etc.
I seem to recall Brady holding out of training camp when he didn't have a contract. Seems to me that was him being a no show for his teammates.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Disrespectful to Marner for this to even be a poll that's relatively close, but at the same times not surprised that Brady especially endears to the meat and potatoes crowd. Not to say Brady is a bad player because he's a very good top line winger, but man if it weren't for McDavid's insane season, Marner would be a serious contender for the Hart and I think he should be in the Selke conversation.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Wtf does 1967 have to do with Marner? These arguments are a shitshow

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
marner is an allstar at everything except for his play along the boards. i went with thachuk because i think he's better suited for a playoff run. good poll

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I seem to recall Brady holding out of training camp when he didn't have a contract. Seems to me that was him being a no show for his teammates.

Marner signed on day 1 of camp and Nylander signed after missing 2 months of the season, .

Not the zinger you thought it was.

Tkachuk can't even pace for the 94 points that Marner has surpassed, and Marner brings WAY more than Tkachuk outside of production.
That’s the funniest post in this thread.

Reactions: bert

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
That’s the funniest post in this thread.
No, the funniest post in the thread is obviously the OP that tried and failed to compare Tkachuk to a far superior player.
My post was just facts, and you know it's true, which is why you have no actual response.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Tkachuk isn't as good as his older brother and he's worse than marner as well

Marner is a top 5 winger closer to top 3.

His playoffs starting to turn around. Just needs to help the leafs go deep this year and then no major criticism will be left

Still he's further ahead then B Tkachuk whose trying to figure out how to get his team out of the basement at the moment

Reactions: LeafsNation75

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Geez, that's dumb. Congrats I guess, you've reset the bar.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Again, the belittling of a physical player who is over a point a game boggles the mind.

There’s nothing mysterious or intangible about elements of his play that Marner is incapable of duplicating.

Instead of simply admitting it, you have the same Leaf fans who idolized Wendel Clark and questioned the physicality of their own team after six straight playoff first round exits pretending that Tkachuk has nothing to offer outside of the scoresheet where he admittedly does not have Marner’s resume to date.

Last edited:
Reactions: bert and Bileur
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad