Votes: 416 54.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Lmao dude, ever heard of tearing it down and rebuilding, I’m sure you have, you just came out of a 15 year rebuild. Glad Brady is living rent free with you.
actually it was more of like a 1 or 2 year rebuild. all those years missing the playoffs..... embarrassingly our GM's were trying to win but just put together shit teams like basically the entire Kessel era.

they never really tore down anything until the year Nylander was drafted and the real rebuild didnt even happen until the following season. which then they landed 4th overall(Marner) and then 1st overall (Matthews) and quickly that ended with Nylander, Marner and Matthews all breaking out the same season while still holding onto pieces like Bozak, JVR, Kadri and others

I wish they started a real rebuild once Sundin left and the cap era started.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The regular season is tough enough for Brady.
Ohhh man you got them!!! Still the same amount of playoff wins as the sens though.. that's gotta sting. One year left of Matthews too. Atleast the sens have their players locked up and they're all 25 and under.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
you are happy the sens at 25th place has its players locked up? Are they in prison?
Oh yeah so happy.... lol the nightmare is almost over though. New ownership will inevitably mean new management which means new coachs. I am happy about that. The teams best player is 21 probably the second most talented player the organization has ever had and he's signed for 8 more years. All the core pieces are locked into to good contracts atleast. 90% of the dead money is gone by the end of next season, new arena on the way.

Won't pretend I expected the team to make the playoffs this year either. I understand it's a process. But they're on the right track.

Hopefully the leafs can win a round to keep Matthews. Get back to the old battle of Ontario that's actually relevant.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
That won't be happening for Brady in 2023.

Marner's career playoff stats are 7 goals, 26 assists, and 33 points in 39 games played.

Per usual, Maple Leaf fans will, during the regular season, hype up Marner like he’s the second best player in the world only to want to get rid of him after yet another disappointing playoffs. Please don’t act like you’re happy with Marners playoffs this far…

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Oh yeah so happy.... lol the nightmare is almost over though. New ownership will inevitably mean new management which means new coachs. I am happy about that. The teams best player is 21 probably the second most talented player the organization has ever had and he's signed for 8 more years. All the core pieces are locked into to good contracts atleast. 90% of the dead money is gone by the end of next season, new arena on the way.

Won't pretend I expected the team to make the playoffs this year either. I understand it's a process. But they're on the right track.

Hopefully the leafs can win a round to keep Matthews. Get back to the old battle of Ontario that's actually relevant.

Stutzle is more talented than Heatley, Karlsson, Alfredsson, Hossa, Yashin, Stone and Spezza? Does Chara count?

He should have been in Qatar, how much he likes to dive.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
He doesn't really do that anymore.

I know you won't believe me, but it's true.

I can accept your word because I know you have credibility.

But still - Second most talented player Ottawa has ever had? His ceiling is what Marner is now (94 points at the same age).

Maybe he’s top five, maybe.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Stutzle is more talented than Heatley, Karlsson, Alfredsson, Hossa, Yashin, Stone and Spezza? Does Chara count?

He should have been in Qatar, how much he likes to dive.
Can you read? I said second.... Clearly #2 to Karlsson. At his age yes he is, tune into a game. What a f***ing trash post overall.

He is pacing for Marners production while being a better goal scorer, playing center and bringing a physical element to the game. He is the best player in his draft by far.

Honest M

May 11, 2012
Easy Tkachuk, even more considering age and contract.

Marner is one of the most overrated players around, and that is understandable since he is cuddled by the biggest fanbase and Hockey market. Good but not the solid winner type with all the tools.

Reactions: Sens9292

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

But still - Second most talented player Ottawa has ever had? His ceiling is what Marner is now (94 points at the same age).

Other than Brady brings much more to the table than 94 points.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

His skill set is pretty intriguing - he’s sort of a cross between Havlat’s flash and Hossa’s engine.

Raw skill wise, he’s pretty high up there as far as Ottawa players are concerned but it’s not really that surprising as he’s one of Ottawa’s highest draft picks ever (aside from our bad luck and flubs at 1st overall).

Execution wise, we shall see.

I have a hard time comparing him with proven guys.

I think the Pizza Line, Yashin and Hossa among forwards are roughly as skilled but with much more proven production.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Can you read? I said second to Karlsson obviously and at his age yes he is. What a f***ing trash post overall.

You said second most talented player the organization has ever had - it’s literally right there, in that post of yours I quoted.

Maybe you were born in like 2003 and had an iPad in front of your face at age three and don’t remember but believe it or not, despite it all the Sens have had some heavy hitters. They had Dominik Hasek for a year.

And even taking him out there’s no way in hell I can rate Stutzle above Spezza, Heatley and Alfredsson, never mind Karlsson.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You said second most talented player the organization has ever had - it’s literally right there, in that post of yours I quoted.

Maybe you were born in like 2003 and had an iPad in front of your face at age three and don’t remember but believe it or not, despite it all the Sens have had some heavy hitters. They had Dominik Hasek for a year.

And even taking him out there’s no way in hell I can rate Stutzle above Spezza, Heatley and Alfredsson, never mind Karlsson.
Yes I said SECOND then you included Karlsson in the group of players. Which suggests that he Stutzle would have been the most talented... Unless you had someone else in mind?

Been posting here since 2002.... Im 39. None of those players were as good as Stutzle at the same age while playing for the sens. Maybe you just struggle to follow the sport in general?... Not sure. He is absolutely better than Spezza in his D +3 season. He plays a way harder more responsible game with a similar skill level and a better motor. I said TALENTED I didnt say better, that remains to be seen as Hossa and Alfie had amazing careers. However he does have the TALENT to be that level of a player when its all said and done.

I dont count Hasek's half a season. Just like Eric Lindros/Ron Francis etc were never actually considered impact players on the leafs.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
His skill set is pretty intriguing - he’s sort of a cross between Havlat’s flash and Hossa’s engine.

Raw skill wise, he’s pretty high up there as far as Ottawa players are concerned but it’s not really that surprising as he’s one of Ottawa’s highest draft picks ever (aside from our bad luck and flubs at 1st overall).

I think the Pizza Line, Yashin and Hossa among forwards are roughly as skilled but with much more proven production.

He is legit exciting and you’re being measured while others are being pissy, which I respect.

Great speed, great release, good but not quite elite vision - a little Petterson (silently) with a dash of Kaprizov perhaps?

He’s #1 in a re-draft yes but I don’t think he’s miles above Lucas Raymond.

Other than Brady brings much more to the table than 94 points.

I fail to see what more there is to bring than points, considering while Marner hasn’t been great in the playoffs, he’s at least been there before.

Last edited:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Great speed, great release, good but not quite elite vision - a little Petterson (silently) with a dash of Kaprizov or Hughes perhaps?

I know we're a bit off-topic, but what the heck.

Similarly to Tage Thompson, he really hit his stride when moved off the wing to centre, where his lateral movement and ability to stickhandle inside a phone booth gives him the time and space to operate.

I know that there are wingers who can catalyze offence from the wing (Marner, Alfredsson, Kane) but Stutzle seems to do a lot better with the east-west freedom of playing at centre.

Early on, he would fall down a lot (and dive, but also just fall down), reminding me of early Antoine Vermette, and playing along the boards exacerbated that issue. He seems to be more stable and stronger on his feet in his third season.

He also tried to lay the body a lot early on, much like he did at the World Juniors, only for the much bigger and stronger NHLers to shrug him off pretty easily. He's still scrappy, competitive and emotional but has wised up to the fact that hitting guys isn't his role and he should leave it to Tkachuk and Batherson who are more physically equipped for it. He's not afraid to get hit and goes into the dirty areas if required, although Tkachuk will usually come rushing over if anyone takes liberties.

He was really more advertised as a playmaker as opposed to a scorer, and an early criticism was his tendency to be a bit too deferential (which is common for rookies) and pass up a shooting opportunity.

Now he's really firing away much more, and while he has a decent shot, it's really his ability to find the scoring areas as opposed to having a weapon like Matthews.

I think he's still wired to be more of a passer than a shooter, is guilty of attempting the too-fancy pass on occasion (e.g. Spezza), but he has very good vision and the deft touch to make things happen.

He's quick and accelerates well but is not necessarily insanely fast like Jack Hughes is, his skating is really more about mobility than burning by opposing players. It reminds me of Marner actually a bit, to keep things on topic.

On the PP, this is particularly important as he's typically one of the main possession guys who not only brings the puck into the zone under control, but can turn opposing players inside out with quick turns and pivots, leading to odd-man situations. As a result, you'll see opposing teams give him time and space as opposed to looking foolish, and he's quite effective at using both.

Ottawa's PP is 3rd in the NHL and Stutzle is typically the QB from the half-boards much like Spezza used to be.

He still has to learn all of the things that veteran centres are good at, such as faceoffs (he's at 41% and often Giroux or Tkachuk will take them for him), improving on the defensive side of the puck, and knowing when a simple outlet play or clearance in your own zone is better than trying to skate it out, but that comes in time.

However, he's shown a penchant for penalty killing (again like Marner) where his quick stick, anticipation and skating skills are an asset.

He's a pretty driven guy based on his work ethic in the off-season and I think he's really committed to being one of the top players in the league.

It's funny because Stutzle is a lot more like Marner than Tkachuk.

Comparing Brady with anyone is a bit difficult because very few players in the league these days have his skill set.

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

They havent been as good at the same age is what I am saying. He is a bit of a Hossa/Havlat hybrid that plays center. Will he be that good? It remains to be seen but thus far into all their respective careers he has exceeded them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad