Votes: 416 54.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Oh so you’re in Leaf Nation too.

Im sure you understand what I mean by that.

Nice burn? As if I care that you have a larger fanbase or something. You might even be a bigger hockey fan than me. Is that supposed to make me upset or something? lol

My point is you are brainwashed to believe your team and players are better than they are in almost every aspect of the game. Your sports media is as biased as they come. I've lived in a few major cities (Toronto included) before and it's shoved down your throat in "Leafs Nation" more so than anywhere else. That's why you think it's "our year" every year. lol

Also, notice how I never said Marner was poor defensively, yet a bunch of you ganged up on me all butt hurt about it? Think maybe that's because his defensive prowess is shoved down your throats by TSN all day, every day - or are you really all that sensitive? Think about it. I'm sure you won't - but at least now you know what I meant.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Should shut this down now
1670434380326.png
1670434464213.png

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
That’s nice , but a year old chart has nothing to so with the poll, that says today, not last year.
fantastic. Glad you accept the premise so this year's limited games yield Marner at the 90.8 percentile while Tkchcuk is at the 80.8 percentile. I prefer a relevant sample size but you really don't care about the accuracy of numbers as long as they fit your agenda...right? Well in this case, you can torture stats all day long but it will still say that Marner is better by a long shot.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I never thought I’d see Leaf fans arguing that physicality and going to the net has no on-ice impact.

It’s like I’m living in bizarro world.

This is a team that was beaten in Game 7 by Big Nick Paul.
There’s a difference between thinking physicality and going to net have no impact and thinking defence and penalty killing along with 90+ scoring would have a greater impact.

Would’ve loved to see how Ottawa would’ve handled Tampa in a 7 game series. Unfortunately you’ve gotta be good enough to get there first :(

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
That’s nice , but a year old chart has nothing to so with the poll, that says today, not last year.
Funny because all we keep hearing is that Marner chokes in the playoffs . What are you basing that on :huh:

It’s fun pointing out hypocrisy because it’s so easy to catch them with their foot on their mouth.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I was basing it on your own posts calling him a choker in the playoffs.
I don't know why you keep acting like I'm ashamed to say Marner was brutal during some playoff rounds in the past. I demand the high level player that Marner is to always be at his best. If I have that much to say about Marner, imagine what I have to say about Brady :laugh:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Why are these two even being compared? :shakehead Making the playoffs = missing the playoffs :skeptic:

Simply because the poster's narrative has been like if the Sens have been failing to make the playoffs for a long time... I mean, we are frustrated and would like to see our team win more games but realistically, when has it been REALISTIC for the Sens to make the playoffs considering they have torn down the whole team in 2018 and 2019 (Pageau was the last one, traded at the 2020 deadline)???

Marner joined the last place team in the league, and didn't play with Matthews in any situation for years.

True, they started playing on the same PP in 2018-19 and on the same ES line in 2019-20

And yes, Leafs were still bad the year prior but from the moment Marner, Matthews, Nylander, etc arrived, they have been good. So like I said, he never really played on a bad team. He surely contributed to get them out of it, nobody said the opposite.

If production were similar (it's not), Marner would still beat out Tkachuk with his defensive and PK abilities.

That is your opinion. Not everyone would agree. But Keeping up with Marner's production is not an easy thing to do and I doubt Tkachuk does it.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
I wonder how long it'll take for people to realize Marner is one of the best defensive wingers in the league, like top of the line elite

This is Marner all day

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
How can anyone argue tkachuk lol. Marner is literally the reason Matthews even gets 50 goals. Marner AINEC.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Which is quite literally not "Marner isn't good defensively".
I'm not saying he's "good defensively", I'm saying he's elite defensively. Like in the handful of best defensive wingers in hockey. You're proving my point here about underselling his all around game

Also, to say Tkachuk "undeniably provides more outside of the offense" you logically have to think either of the following:

Marner is good, but not great at defense
Tkachuk is some physical force that is such a sight to behold it far surpasses Marner's elite 2-way game

Either way I disagree, but I'm assuming it's more likely the first. While Tkachuk's physical game is great and a rarity in the league, it's not so much better than Marner's 2-way game lol

Reactions: Mitchy

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I'm not saying he's "good defensively", I'm saying he's elite defensively. Like in the handful of best defensive wingers in hockey. You're proving my point here about underselling his all around game

I agree that Marner 2-way game is great but it also depends how you define "elite". This below shows he's in the best 10% but other forwards are also pretty great at EV defense and/or PK. He plays on a very good team with great linemates too

FMouXA2XoAcNKkf

Marner is a guy who does everything at a great or elite level, except in the physical department. Definitely one of the best wingers in the game.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
fantastic. Glad you accept the premise so this year's limited games yield Marner at the 90.8 percentile while Tkchcuk is at the 80.8 percentile. I prefer a relevant sample size but you really don't care about the accuracy of numbers as long as they fit your agenda...right? Well in this case, you can torture stats all day long but it will still say that Marner is better by a long shot.
Yep... Tkatchuk is two years younger than Marner. That team was very young, inexperienced and trash; bottom 4 in the standings. Of course you pulled those stats.

This year Tkatchuk is a year older and has better linemates. Seems like your the one playing to your agenda.

How can anyone argue tkachuk lol. Marner is literally the reason Matthews even gets 50 goals. Marner AINEC.
I mean Matthews was on pace for 44 in only his second nhl season while not playing with Marner and he also was over a ppg. He played mostly with a young Nylander, Brown and Hyman.

While Marner that same year had 69 in 82.... But who really cares about that huh.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Yep... Tkatchuk is two years younger than Marner. That team was very young, inexperienced and trash; bottom 4 in the standings. Of course you pulled those stats.

This year Tkatchuk is a year older and has better linemates. Seems like your the one playing to your agenda.

I mean Matthews was on pace for 44 in his second year while not playing with Marner and he also was over a ppg. While Marner had 69 in 82.... But who really cares about that huh.
Bottom-4 in standings?
1FFDAF31-CF0D-41F4-93B7-836BAF22CB71.jpeg

You were talking about playing an agenda?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario

So far this season here are the current stats for Marner and Tkachuk.

Marner: 14 Goals, 30 Assists, 44 Points in 39 Games played.

Tkachuk: 13 Goals, 26 Assists, 39 Points in 38 Games played.

If he had better linemates wouldn't he have better stats than Marner?

Finally last time I checked Toronto is currently 4th overall in the league standings, where as Ottawa is 23rd overall, despite being thought of as playoff contenders due to the "Summer of Dorion".

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
So far this season here are the current stats for Marner and Tkachuk.

Marner: 14 Goals, 30 Assists, 44 Points in 39 Games played.

Tkachuk: 13 Goals, 26 Assists, 39 Points in 38 Games played.

If he had better linemates wouldn't he have better stats than Marner?

Finally last time I checked Toronto is currently 4th overall in the league standings, where as Ottawa is 23rd overall, despite being thought of as playoff contenders due to the "Summer of Dorion".
Pretty similar numbers, then add in Tkachuk is the best or on of the best power forwards in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad