Votes: 416 54.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
They havent been as good at the same age is what I am saying.

It's a bit hard to say.

We had Jacques Martin for awhile who didn't trust rookies, and some of those guys had to kick off their careers in the dead puck era where building up strength iteratively was necessary to get through all the obstruction.

Offence is at a much higher level now than it was for a lot of Ottawa's best players when they made their initial forays into the league.

Stutzle has certainly had a very good start to his career considering his debut at 18. What I like about him is that he was not really given that #1C position, but he just took it when the opportunity arose and ran with it.

Anyway, I'm not necessarily disagreeing, just that it's a complicated question. He's definitely in the mix.

Last edited:
Reactions: bert

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Per usual, Maple Leaf fans will, during the regular season, hype up Marner like he’s the second best player in the world only to want to get rid of him after yet another disappointing playoffs. Please don’t act like you’re happy with Marners playoffs this far…
When Brady Tkachuk has a total of 0 playoff games played and that won't be changing anytime soon, there isn't much else to compare him with Marner.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Now pull up Bradys playoff stats
Here they are.

1674238067096.png

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Until we see Tkachuk in the playoffs it’s really impossible to compare their playoff performances. His playing style as an abrasive hard nosed player seems like it would be made for playoff hockey.

But we do know that Marner to date has been disappointing especially in playoff elimination games where his team is 0-10. To the point that many Leaf fans were prepared to run him out of town. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect that Tkachuk would be a better playoff performer but I still don’t think it eliminates the production gap between the two. Plus we have seen other players who have had disappointing playoff production eventually figure it out so it’s possible that Marner could get that monkey off his back as soon as this year with a big playoffs.

Overall I think at this point it’s clearly Marner.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Until we see Tkachuk in the playoffs it’s really impossible to compare their playoff performances. His playing style as an abrasive hard nosed player seems like it would be made for playoff hockey.

But we do know that Marner to date has been disappointing especially in playoff elimination games where his team is 0-10. To the point that many Leaf fans were prepared to run him out of town. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect that Tkachuk would be a better playoff performer but I still don’t think it eliminates the production gap between the two.
Marner's only disappointing playoff years was 2020 and 2021.

I don't remember Leafs fans complaining about him in 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2022.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I have no doubt that you don’t remember that.
All I did was say what other Leafs fans besides me said at the time after those playoff years.

I also have no doubt you will be lurking in every Leafs related thread, because you seem to talk about them more compared to the Canucks. So, I guess that's the main symptom of Leafs Derangement Syndrome and them living rent free in your mind.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
All I did was say what other Leafs fans besides me said at the time after those playoff years.

I also have no doubt you will be lurking in every Leafs related thread, because you seem to talk about them more compared to the Canucks. So, I guess that's the main symptom of Leafs Derangement Syndrome and them living rent free in your mind.
So you are the authority on what Leaf fans said? When were you elected to that post?
You suffer from Leaf Victim complex and the refs living rent free in your head.

• Haha
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
He can’t top puck over glass,
help , there is an opponent coming, I know I’ll shoot it over the glass again. Yep no topping that.
Brady is a good player. Hopefully he can finally top Marner's second year points number. That defense needs a bit of work though. He is still significantly below a replacement level player in that respect.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I can speak for myself and mention the opinion of other Leafs fans after reading their comments on our board.
Incorrect. You can only speak for yourself. Different Leaf fans have different opinions than you. Some that I know personally, for example, don’t agree with you that there’s a conspiracy by the league and the refs to screw the Leafs.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Incorrect. You can only speak for yourself. Different Leaf fans have different opinions than you. Some that I know personally, for example, don’t agree with you that there’s a conspiracy by the league and the refs to screw the Leafs.
So, because you know a few Leafs fans when they give a negative opinion about Marner after some bad playoff series you take their word.

However, when I mention what other Leafs fans have said on our board, you say don't want to believe that.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
So, because you know a few Leafs fans when they give a negative opinion about Marner after some bad playoff series you take their word.

However, when I mention what other Leafs fans have said on our board, you say don't want to believe that.
Incorrect. I merely said that different Leaf fans have different opinions. Some blame Marner, some don’t.
You were the one who claimed to speak on behalf of all Leaf fans, not me. And you claimed that none of them blamed Marner.
You’ve been caught again making things up to push your agenda.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal

Dude everybody saw how you guys were all screaming to trade him saying a *few* fans is just lying. Old fans , new fans, fairweather fans, hardcore fans, real life fans and HFboards fans ,the vast majority were on his case and wanted him traded for help because of leafs cap situation . They wanted him traded and were screaming about getting some big boys with balls instead of having Marner take up the cap. Like dude we all went to read it because of how funny it was. We all seent it brother.

That said , was it a dumb take from fans who were saying that? Probably yeah, he's a great player but to act like it never happened and the pitchforks weren't out is disingenuous

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

There was literally threads on the leafs boards about trading Marner, after playoff losses.
You make it sound like posters can’t read the leafs sub forum.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad