Brad Treliving is doing a great job.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
You’d have to think someone from the core is moving if they are giving Bertuzzi/Domi the combined salary of Marner/Tavares. Speculation of course but we haven’t even addressed goalie/D.
You would have almost 60 million on those 2 guys + core.

TBD I suppose. We definitely need a #1D and #1G. Its a MUST need. Whether its this year, or next year after Marner+Tavares are off the cap.

If marner doesn't waive we will have 4 forwards with 11AAV+ on the salary cap (only team in the league to do it btw...); thats not a recipe to win the cup thats for sure :laugh:

Domi and Bert need to come in at around 8/9m combined max. If we shoot over 10m with them we overpaid likely

I'd prefer something like 3.5 to 4 AAV for Domi and 4 to 4.5 AAV for Bet about 7.5 to 8 AAV combined but if we can somehow get Lindholm that would good too. Its gonna suck this year for sure but we will have 2C after Tavares is off the cap; unless McDavid and Treliving already have secret handshake deal that McJesus is definitely coming to Toronto :laugh:

horner

May 22, 2007
Speculation I suppose.... Saw it on twitter

I don't have athletic and won't pay for it on principle because I absolutely despise people like mirtle and I will not be paying his salary LOL but...

Also the NYTimes article from LeBrun's tweet is behind a paywall so....

Thanks that would be dumb for the leafs to do .
No money for D

Reactions: PromisedLand

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Did you even watch the game? Tavares, Cozens and Bedard were the best players. Tavares scored a beauty to tie it up. Shoot outs in a deciding game is disgusting
yup they played great as a huge underdog against a powerhouse Swiss team ! and what's wrong with learning lessons which JT keeps saying he does after every failure ?

they use shootouts , this is nothing new and if they didn't want it to go to a shoutout they had plenty of time to finish it before it got to that point

Last edited:
Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

colchar

Apr 26, 2012

A report from Pierre LeBrun on Max Domi's projected extension with the Toronto Maple Leafs is being met with heavy skepticism.​

On Friday, LeBrun dropped a report, suggesting that we could see Max Domi fall into the $5M-$6M range over a 6-year term with the Maple Leafs, which created quite the stir given the lofty AAV and lengthy term.

Now, a fellow writer for The Athletic, Kevin Papetti, is suggesting that Domi's contract won't be anywhere near LeBrun's estimate, much to the relief of fans in Leafs Nation. Why is he so sure? Well, for starters, Domi's recent contract history is a pretty good indicator as to how he's been valued around the league.

As Papetti points out, here are the last 4 contracts Domi has signed. A common theme here is low-term, and while he did eclipse the $5M AAV once in the last 4 sets of negotiations, his last 2 deals were well under that mark.

Thanks.

Too high for too long. Something around 4-4.5 for 3-4 years is fine.

Not sure I want Bertuzzi back though.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Yeah, because its his fault. Right.
one thing i learned during JT's 15 years in pro hockey is

- it's never JT's fault , nothing in a decade and a half has ever been his fault , poor bastard just keeps getting let down by his team mates his entire career ! lol

Last edited:
Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
So apparently Leafs are trying to lock both Domi and Bert for 5 to 6 year term at 5 to 6 AAV

Treliving man can we get some discount on thos deals if they are getting terms COME ON

Bert IMO didn't even have a 5.5 AAV season to begin with
Too much money for both imo, Domi deserves a slight raise, while Bert should get a slight decrease, 3.9 mil is about where I’d top out if I were Tre……..

Saw the entire management team at Sotto Sotto tonight

Missing: Shanahan ( working from home I guess)
Pridim is shorter than I though

Shane Doan looked like he can still play
Did Pelley need a high chair to be at the big boys table?

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
yup they played great as a huge underdog against a powerhouse Swiss team ! and what's wrong with learning lessons which JT himself keeps saying he does after every failure ?

they use shootouts , this is nothing new and if they didn't want it to go to a shoutout they had plenty of time to finish it before it got to that point
Well you should learn from past failures, don’t you?

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Treliving evaluation really is in play now.

Last year was a free ride for him.

At best give him a conditional pass.
It’s put up or shut up time for Tre, no hall passes from me, I’ll be scrutinizing every move, he better have his shit together……..

Keefe = OUT

Samsonov & Murray = OUT

Brodie & Giordano = OUT

= Good start !!!

The further Treliving moves to cleansing the Leafs from the Dubas years of disaster the further towards potentially success is also possible.

Once BT can get out from under the Tavares cap busting contract, the better off he we be.

Pretty soon there won't be much remnants of the past from a regrettable GM around to remind Leaf Nation of an era we would all sooner rather forget ever happened.
Not entirely, we still have eight years of elite zone entries to endure, hope Chief can make a man out of Styles……..

Reactions: freshwind

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
You’d have to think someone from the core is moving if they are giving Bertuzzi/Domi the combined salary of Marner/Tavares. Speculation of course but we haven’t even addressed goalie/D.
You would have almost 60 million on those 2 guys + core.
I hope whoever leaves there money is more wisely spent than overpaying Domi and Bert, I like both players, but not at the prices being thrown about……..

Domi and Bert need to come in at around 8/9m combined max. If we shoot over 10m with them we overpaid likely
I’d say eight max, then there’s money left over to improve the roster elsewhere……..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad