Player Discussion Brad Marchand X- Return of the Rat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
He has some demons to live with for sure after the line change in 2019 and then not scoring at the end of game 5 which he said he will have to live with forever.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Did he and Bergeron get Cassidy fired?
I'd throw Krejci in that mix as well, but it certainly seems like it. Well, that coupled with Cam and Don looking for an end of season scapegoat created the perfect storm to move on. It was a bullshit move at the time and they handled it unprofessionally as well. The people who point to the regular season victories as proof it was time to make a change are ignoring the post season bed shitting by this team and the success Cassidy went on to achieve.

Talk about egg on their faces. What a bunch of whinny little bitches. Your boss was too mean and demanded more from you? Shut the f*** up and play better. Easy solution to not having your name mentioned.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I'd throw Krejci in that mix as well, but it certainly seems like it. Well, that coupled with Cam and Don looking for an end of season scapegoat created the perfect storm to move on. It was a bullshit move at the time and they handled it unprofessionally as well. The people who point to the regular season victories as proof it was time to make a change are ignoring the post season bed shitting by this team and the success Cassidy went on to achieve.

Talk about egg on their faces. What a bunch of whinny little bitches. Your boss was too mean and demanded more from you? Shut the f*** up and play better. Easy solution to not having your name mentioned.
He just had his ass handed to him by Brind’Amour. Which is scary. He had six years and the players weren’t responding - six years is an eternity for a NHL coach. And he was doing a terrible job with young players. This narrative that the players all whined to daddy is unfounded and wreaks of listening to Mike Felger too much.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
He just had his ass handed to him by Brind’Amour. Which is scary. He had six years and the players weren’t responding - six years is an eternity for a NHL coach. And he was doing a terrible job with young players. This narrative that the players all whined to daddy is unfounded and wreaks of listening to Mike Felger too much.
And Monty got his teeth kicked in by Paul Maurice, FFS. This core did the same thing to the last coach before Cassidy as well. Which says it's more about them and the front office for enabling the bad behaviors than the coaches. You can dismiss it if you want, but this team should have achieved more than they did and their poor attitudes are the reason they haven't. It's disgraceful.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
And Monty got his teeth kicked in by Paul Maurice, FFS. This core did the same thing to the last coach before Cassidy as well. Which says it's more about them and the front office for enabling the bad behaviors than the coaches. You can dismiss it if you want, but this team should have achieved more than they did and their poor attitudes are the reason they haven't. It's disgraceful.
Whatever. But this idea that the team would have done better by keeping Cassidy is just silly.

Reactions: HumBucker

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Whatever. But this idea that the team would have done better by keeping Cassidy is just silly.
Is it though? Under Cassidy, with far less of a roster than this past year, they went Second round, cup finals, second round, second round, and first round. And with Vegas this year he won the cup. So his track record of getting his teams past the first round is pretty solid and consistent, no?

You can be for a change all you want, and that's a fair position, but let's not pretend he's a bad coach and didn't get his teams ready to play. The supposed "leaders" on the team decided it was better to have a fun coach than one that pointed out when they needed to be better. And in the playoffs, you can't be about fun.

Reactions: Dr Quincy

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Is it though? Under Cassidy, with far less of a roster than this past year, they went Second round, cup finals, second round, second round, and first round. And with Vegas this year he won the cup. So his track record of getting his teams past the first round is pretty solid and consistent, no?

You can be for a change all you want, and that's a fair position, but let's not pretend he's a bad coach and didn't get his teams ready to play. The supposed "leaders" on the team decided it was better to have a fun coach than one that pointed out when they needed to be better. And in the playoffs, you can't be about fun.
No one said he’s a bad coach. The “fun” coach demanded by the players is made up. If you’ve heard some of the same things I’ve heard about how Cassidy dealt with many players (I would have figured you had) then this narrative would be gone.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I dont think it would have mattered much if we had Bruce...but his team just dismantled the team who beat us 1st round. Wouldn’t be out of the question to say he could have outcoached Maurice with the Bruins roster in round 1....unless we put the loss squarely on the players, which is fair to me too.

Just disagree that it's "silly" to think that Cassidy could have overcame some of the rookie mistakes Monty displayed.

Reactions: Dr Quincy

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I dont think it would have mattered much if we had Bruce...but his team just dismantled the team who beat us 1st round. Wouldn’t be out of the question to say he could have outcoached Maurice with the Bruins roster in round 1....unless we put the loss squarely on the players, which is fair to me too.

Just disagree that it's "silly" to think that Cassidy could have overcame some of the rookie mistakes Monty displayed.
But as with all cases like this, you’re assuming Cassidy gets them in the same position. That he gets Brandon Carlo to play his best hockey in years, gets Debrusk and Frederic to play great, gets us the top seed, etc. You can’t do that obviously.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto

So that’s the measuring stick now? Getting past the first round? Yee haw.

• Haha
Reactions: Ladyfan and LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
So that’s the measuring stick now? Getting past the first round? Yee haw.
No, but given this team's success in the regular season (which I am still heartily celebrating LOFL), they should have gone on a deep run. So getting bounced in the first round was beyond embarrassing. And people saying Cassidy wouldn't have done better are lying to themselves because they don't want to admit the problem wasn't coaching, although Monty did get pantsed by Maurice in a major way. It was a rotten core.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
No, but given this team's success in the regular season (which I am still heartily celebrating LOFL), they should have gone on a deep run. So getting bounced in the first round was beyond embarrassing. And people saying Cassidy wouldn't have done better are lying to themselves because they don't want to admit the problem wasn't coaching, although Monty did get pantsed by Maurice in a major way. It was a rotten core.
If it’s a rotten core then how would Cassidy have done better?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
If it’s a rotten core then how would Cassidy have done better?
Because he already had many times over. You know, that pesky thing called a track record? They hated being called out in the press, but it worked. Which is why you don't enable them to get rid of that. You lean into it and make them not be entitled little shits. Them being rewarded by getting their way for quitting on two coaches is the wrong way to do business. It's like having your kid throw a shit fit when you say no to ice cream for dinner, so they cry and you cave and give them ice cream for dinner. You know what's going to happen tomorrow and the next day and the next day? Same shit. You don't let them run things. You're in charge, but under this front office, that is not the case.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Because he already had many times over. You know, that pesky thing called a track record? They hated being called out in the press, but it worked. Which is why you don't enable them to get rid of that. You lean into it and make them not be entitled little shits. Them being rewarded by getting their way for quitting on two coaches is the wrong way to do business. It's like having your kid throw a shit fit when you say no to ice cream for dinner, so they cry and you cave and give them ice cream for dinner. You know what's going to happen tomorrow and the next day and the next day? Same shit. You don't let them run things. You're in charge, but under this front office, that is not the case.
You’re literally the only one who think Bruce earned more years because of his track record. It’s amazing.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
You’re literally the only one who think Bruce earned more years because of his track record. It’s amazing.
No, that's not what I said. I said the front office has enabled this core to routinely quit on coaches, and it's the wrong way to go. You don't let the inmates run the asylum. But sure, I said give Cassidy a multi year extension. LOL

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
No, that's not what I said. I said the front office has enabled this core to routinely quit on coaches, and it's the wrong way to go. You don't let the inmates run the asylum. But sure, I said give Cassidy a multi year extension. LOL
Huh? You keep saying they should have kept Cassidy. And two coaches over a 16 year period is unheard of. It doesn’t happen. Making the leap to calling this core children who are throwing tantrums is off the reservation.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
That's funny, How did Brind'amour do vs Cassidy when Bruce had the better team?

Reactions: LSCII

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad