Player Discussion Brad Marchand X- Return of the Rat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MerlotLineFan

Jan 10, 2023
It is sad to say, but I am starting to adjust to the thought that Marchand might hang them up if we win the cup this year. It started to take shape when we brought in Hathaway and got a little more in focus when we brought in Bertuzzi. It seems as though they may be preparing to sign them in the offseason to replace Marchand's agitator self. His play as of late had me thinking something was wrong, and then the report of him saying he hoped to be farther along with the hips. Someone made the post a few weeks ago about Bergy staying around to continue playing with Marchand until he was ready to hang them up. The reverse could be true, maybe Marchand bows out if Bergy decides to retire this offseason.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
It is sad to say, but I am starting to adjust to the thought that Marchand might hang them up if we win the cup this year. It started to take shape when we brought in Hathaway and got a little more in focus when we brought in Bertuzzi. It seems as though they may be preparing to sign them in the offseason to replace Marchand's agitator self. His play as of late had me thinking something was wrong, and then the report of him saying he hoped to be farther along with the hips. Someone made the post a few weeks ago about Bergy staying around to continue playing with Marchand until he was ready to hang them up. The reverse could be true, maybe Marchand bows out if Bergy decides to retire this offseason.
Guys a ppg player and uber competitive. I wouldn't sweat it

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I doubt he leaves all that money on table. I think he’s more saying that he wishes he felt better afterwards in the sense that he’s lost a step kind of thing. He relies on his footwork at lot so it’s harder for him to get free now

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
1679087060806.png

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
He's not leaving 2 years on the table

Throughout their history, the Boston Bruins have boasted many dynamic duos, such as Phil Esposito and Ken Hodge, Rick Middleton and Barry Pederson, Cam Neely and Adam Oates, Jason Allison and Sergei Samsonov, Joe Thornton and Glen Murray, and now Patrice Bergeron and Brad Marchand. Here’s a look at each of these dynamic Bruins duos and what these pairings accomplished together.

Diving Deep: Boston Bruins' All-Time Dynamic Duos

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
He's not leaving 2 years on the table

I think it's 1000 pts he's not leaving on the table. With 1000 pts, 2 cups (we hope), 4 finals (we hope), and the status of a top 5 NHL winger for a period of arguably 6 years, he'll have a resume veeeeery close to HOF. Would be hard to keep him out. After this year it's something like two 66-68 pt years for him to get to 1000. Looks like he's right on track...

Crazier still, Bergy, Marchy and Krejci can all get into the top 50 ALL TIME for playoff points this year. NOBODY in that top 50 isn't in the HOF. It's kind of gross to think maybe Krejci might be the first.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
He’s looked like the Ole Marchand to me lately - was flying last night

If he does decide to retire and walk away from 13 M after season and open up Marshy’s World Famous Roast Beef in the North Shore I will understand. Hopefully he can wait till his contract is up and he can leave with Bergeron

Bergeron plays 2 more years after this healthy he’s going to be 475* goals

He’s not a stat guy but 500 goals tough to walk away from

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
He’s looked like the Ole Marchand to me lately - was flying last night

If he does decide to retire and walk away from 13 M after season and open up Marshy’s World Famous Roast Beef in the North Shore I will understand. Hopefully he can wait till his contract is up and he can leave with Bergeron

Bergeron plays 2 more years after this healthy he’s going to be 475* goals

He’s not a stat guy but 500 goals tough to walk away from

I feel like his shot isn't there yet and the puck isn't sticking on his blade as well as prior years. Still elite as f*** vision and playmaking and having a good year overall.

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
does anyone have the clip of marchy with the childrens book covering his face pulling it down and winking i belive book title whos the rat or something along those lines?

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Get this weird feeling that the cup is going to depend on 63. If he can be 90% of himself we're winning this cup.

I'm trying not to think of the other scenario. But I can't shake this feeling that he's going to need to show up in a big way.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Get this weird feeling that the cup is going to depend on 63. If he can be 90% of himself we're winning this cup.

I'm trying not to think of the other scenario. But I can't shake this feeling that he's going to need to show up in a big way.
hope so.
because he has had an overall subpar year on an amazing team.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
hope so.
because he has had an overall subpar year on an amazing team.
A subpar year for Brad is a great year for a lot of other players.

He's slightly under a point per game (63 in 66 = .95), is second on the team in scoring despite missing the first 3 weeks of the season coming off double hip surgery and not having Pastrnak drawing defenders on the right wing for the first time since about 2016-17. I'd say he's doing alright.

That said, would like more jump and more energy from him in the playoffs.

• Wow
Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
He is having a good year, just not a Brad year. He hasn’t seemed like himself as a player at all this season. Double hip surgery, no off-season training or camp, over thirty. It’s not a surprise. I have faith he will turn it up in the playoffs when it is essential, and be back next season after a much better starting position.

Reactions: Ladyfan

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
He needs time to heal. I don't know if taking the rest of the regular season off would help or if he needs an entire off-season to get his body right.

Brad Marchand at 70 percent is still an elite player because of his IQ and his will alone keeps him in the fight, but he has had had issues for weeks now with the puck rolling off his stick and he's not able to put extra torque into shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad