Player Discussion Brad Marchand X- Return of the Rat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
So I take from that is that he would've possibly retired if Patrice did.
I think he meant the Bruins season would of been heading towards a rebuild and he would of been used as an asset:dunno:

He's a world class player and him and Bergy together are like Batman and Robin, apart robin becomes expendable. He's smart enough to realize his antics get old at times and when their not winning and there's no Bergy around, his time as a Bruin could very well be numbered.

He was half joking I believe but there was some truth in it as well.

Last edited:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I think he meant the Bruins season would of been heading towards a rebuild and he would of been used as an asset:dunno:

He's a world class player and him and Bergy together are like Batman and Robin, apart robin becomes expandable. He's smart enough to realize his antics get old at times and when their not winning and there's no Bergy around, his time as a Bruin could very well be numbered.

He was half joking I believe but there's was some truth in it as well.
I certainly hope he was kidding around. That's the way I took when I head the clip. Pure conjecture, but IF the vibe is that Marchy gets traded once Bergy is gone, then what is Pasta thinking about re-signing for 7 or 8 years? Hopefully Bergy's situation is such that he sticks around another couple or few years. He is, after all, still playing incredibly effective hockey and coming off a Selke season.

Reactions: TCB

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
W
No one ever questioned his work ethic , but I do question if this is a rush ...........and is it necessary..........

No one ever questioned his work ethic , but I do question if this is a rush ...........and is it necessary..........
With the Bruins off to a great start I doubt he's being rushed back. Some people heal quicker and combine that with an insane amount of determination, well you have Brad.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
is it "necessary"? My argument is, yes, teams off to a good start, keep it rolling when the schedule is in their favor to this point as we know there will be dips in play during the season, the points count as much in October as they do in March.

As for if this is a rush, highly doubt it, let`s remember how dedicated BM is to keeping himself in great shape and I suspect that if a slightly pudgy guy like myself had the same procedure as he did, my recovery would be decidedly longer

That said, I certainly didn`t expect him back this soon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad