Player Discussion Brad Marchand X- Return of the Rat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Montgomery is a god damn liar and I love him for it.

There is no reason at all to rush him back. We’re #1 in the league. He’s good to go.

Reactions: JCRO

MetM

Nov 29, 2009
If anyone can comeback from it, my money is on Brad Marchand the guy is a complete freak of nature and an animal when it comes to training and getting in shape. His will and drive is unmatched !
Good call

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
No one ever questioned his work ethic , but I do question if this is a rush ...........and is it necessary..........
Me too man. I hope they aren’t rushing this guy and he himself either. Fingers crossed.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
That and a big difference between Marchand and Tuukka. Marchand is legendary with his workouts, Tuukka a great athlete, but I don't think he took care of his body the way Marchand does.
Brad Marchand workouts - Yahoo Video Search Results

It’s not about the will, it’s about how bad the injury was and how his body tells him he’s ok. I’m sure Tukka was good too and then his body raised the flag.

Reactions: pearljamvs5

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
From Amalie Benjamin today

"As soon as it came up that I was going to have the surgery, [the doctors] told me it was going to be kind of at end of November. I was like, 'It's not going to be the end of November. We're going to see what we can do,'" Marchand said. "So we sat down and talked, and they knew where my head was at and what I was hoping to do, and they said, 'Alright, let's see what we can do,' but obviously, you know, we're dealing with the rehab, and we got to make sure it heals properly.

"It was wearing on me a little bit the last little while because we were getting close to the day of playing, and you know, anything could have gone wrong any day. I mean it almost did [Wednesday], I caught a rut and it could have been really ugly, so yeah, I was trying to make sure that before I announced it that it was going to be for sure."

Marchand said he is unclear what to expect from himself on Thursday.

"It's tough because it's a regular season game, it's not an exhibition game, clearly, but normally you have three or four of those to get ready for the season where, you know, you go in and you feel it out and make sure you're kind of where you want to be," he said. "It's ok to make some mistakes, but that's not the case tonight, and so it's about making sure going in I'm not a liability out there and not getting in the guys' way. They're rolling and feeling good, so I mean the main thing is keeping it simple."

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
BM63!

return-of-the-mack-rap.gif

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Interesting that they're playing Zacha on Coyle's RW and keeping Frederic on LW. More size for that line, I suppose, as opposed to Smith. Feel bad for Greer getting bumped, but that's what happens with crazy depth up front.

The Un4casted Storm

May 14, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
While I'm thrilled to see Marchand back in the lineup, part of me worries seeing him back so soon. Last year Tuukka's recovery was going well... until it wasn't after a couple of NHL games. With how well the team is playing without Marchand, I think I'd feel more comfortable for them to be overly-cautious and keep him out until he's 150% recovered.

Now watch him light it up and make my concerns look foolish, lol.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Interesting that they're playing Zacha on Coyle's RW and keeping Frederic on LW. More size for that line, I suppose, as opposed to Smith. Feel bad for Greer getting bumped, but that's what happens with crazy depth up front.

I really don't understand how Greer hasn't earned a spot over Fredric yet. Fred is a C grinder so put him in that role on the 4th line or at least with Nosek so they can cycle defensive zone FO.

Reactions: LSCII

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad