Player Discussion Brad Marchand X- Return of the Rat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be

He stood outside the visitors dressing room at Madison Square Garden on Thursday morning, hours before the Stars opened their season with a 3-2 overtime win against the New York Rangers, as healthy as the 29-year-old can remember being 11 1/2 months after his previous trip to New York.

According to Stars general manager Jim Nill, the surgery would require four months of recovery.

• Wow
Reactions: BMC and Alicat

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
Watching the Blues/Avs game.

Need this for Pang:

duck tape.jpg

P.S. Same roll we used for Jack earlier this year :DD

PR 101 - drop a bad news bomb on a Friday afternoon

BOSTON -- The Bruins snuck in some news ahead of the long weekend, though it's not the kind of news that Boston fans will want to hear. Brad Marchand had to undergo hip surgery on Friday, and will spend the next six months recovering.

That means the Bruins will start the 2022-23 season without Marchand, who led the team with 80 points last season.

Marchand underwent successful hip arthroscopy and labral repair on both hips, the Bruins announced Friday, with his recovery time expected to be six months. That would put his return to the Boston lineup at the end of December, barring any setbacks.

Fingers crossed.
Got my hip replaced and my quality of life is 100% better.
Don't know how that translates to playing at the NHL level.
If anyone can do it, Brad can.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
This (Marchy's hip surgery) does not bode well for us in any ways
This offseason could be one of the most important in recent years.
I would not be surprised that we will not hear anything from Bergy and his future well after the draft. If he's going to come back he'll obviously want to know whether he's going to be on a team that's in the midst of a rebuild.

That being said....man would Ryan O'Reilly looked good in a Bruins uni.:cool:
A player in the line of this calibre could be what's needed to entice Bergy back.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buck Smith

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Seventh seed
First round loss
Bergeron may or may not be back
Marchand getting old and out six months.

If now is not the time to party, I don't know one.
107 points
Third best record of 32 last 40 games
Bergeron objective is to play
Marchand healthy will be better
Swayman/Ullmark excellent duo
McAvoy-Lindholm arguably top 2 D pair in gene

Canes one win awsy from Final 4 and I went to the 3 Boston games and from Ice level those 3 games they were the Bruins bitch / and the Bruins had their way without McAvoy & Lindholm

You really think you take Slavin & DeAngelo out of Carolina lineup they kick the bruins ass in Carolina - 0.0

Bergeron ain’t waiting on Cassidy and money not an issue

His head knows he’s still elite - and I believe there is a better chance he plays for 2 or more years then none

Marchand will be back before Pstriots win 2 Division games

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
What a f***ing animal. 7playoff games 11points on 2torn hips.

Everyone’s gushing over McDavids blitz through the playoffs, but Marchand’s performance was just freakish all things considered.

Have to figure he’ll be even better shape next year on two repaired hips rather than on two busted ones

Last edited:

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
What a f***ing animal. 7playoff games 11points on 2torn hips.

Everyone’s gushing over McDavids blitz through the playoffs, but Marchand’s performance was just freakish all things considered.

Have to figure he’ll be even better shape next year on two repaired hips rather than on two busted ones
Yah I thought this was good news as well

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
107 points
Third best record of 32 last 40 games
Bergeron objective is to play
Marchand healthy will be better
Swayman/Ullmark excellent duo
McAvoy-Lindholm arguably top 2 D pair in gene

Canes one win awsy from Final 4 and I went to the 3 Boston games and from Ice level those 3 games they were the Bruins bitch / and the Bruins had their way without McAvoy & Lindholm

You really think you take Slavin & DeAngelo out of Carolina lineup they kick the bruins ass in Carolina - 0.0

Bergeron ain’t waiting on Cassidy and money not an issue

His head knows he’s still elite - and I believe there is a better chance he plays for 2 or more years then none

Marchand will be back before Pstriots win 2 Division games
Hope so.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
in no way am I trying to be insensitive to this news but if Marchy isn`t able to go , let`s say until the 6 month mark, that pushes things to November, would the B`s then LTIR him in the meantime along with Grizz and then have some $$ to play with assuming they move perhaps Reilly in the off season too? Sorry, as you can tell, not a cap guy

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
in no way am I trying to be insensitive to this news but if Marchy isn`t able to go , let`s say until the 6 month mark, that pushes things to November, would the B`s then LTIR him in the meantime along with Grizz and then have some $$ to play with assuming they move perhaps Reilly in the off season too? Sorry, as you can tell, not a cap guy

The LTIR overage starts counting when you hit you cap limit. The problem is what to do when they come back. LTIR would get them ~11m over the cap, but if they use it, then they have to get cap compliant when the players come off LTIR. Since both of them are back early/mid-season most likely, it wouldn't really help the Bruins out to use very much of it. They've got players signed already that should get a chance to play: Zboril and whichever young forward, so expect they will fill two roster spots that way. They have to move salary out this summer in order to do anything other than shift the deck chairs around.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The LTIR overage starts counting when you hit you cap limit. The problem is what to do when they come back. LTIR would get them ~11m over the cap, but if they use it, then they have to get cap compliant when the players come off LTIR. Since both of them are back early/mid-season most likely, it wouldn't really help the Bruins out to use very much of it. They've got players signed already that should get a chance to play: Zboril and whichever young forward, so expect they will fill two roster spots that way. They have to move salary out this summer in order to do anything other than shift the deck chairs around.
appreciate the explanation, thanks friend

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Bergy retires, Marchand could be all done.

May be the year to let Cassidy's contract run out while the team sinks with no leadership in the room like the KasperGetThornton year.

Quite a few contracts will expire after next season also; Clifton, Haula, Nosek, Foligno, Smith, Wagner.

Start anew then.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Bergy retires, Marchand could be all done.

May be the year to let Cassidy's contract run out while the team sinks with no leadership in the room like the KasperGetThornton year.

Quite a few contracts will expire after next season also; Clifton, Haula, Nosek, Foligno, Smith, Wagner.

Start anew then.
Why Marchand could be all done?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad