Player Discussion Brad Marchand X- Return of the Rat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Hate to say it (and I wouldn’t do it) but trading Marchand may be Sweeney’s move. If he can’t manage to trade away the logjam from the bottom of the roster (and he has never shown that aptitude) then who can say Marchand isn’t his Lucic of 2022?

There's two big differences

- Marchand still produces and elite at what he does. In Looch's last year, it was clear his consistency was up and down and his production dipped.

- Lucic requested a trade to be on the west coast so he could be closer to family after the tragedy and the Bruins honored it. Marchand, by all accounts, wants to stay.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
There's two big differences

- Marchand still produces and elite at what he does. In Looch's last year, it was clear his consistency was up and down and his production dipped.

- Lucic requested a trade to be on the west coast so he could be closer to family after the tragedy and the Bruins honored it. Marchand, by all accounts, wants to stay.
Listen, I don’t want it to happen. I’m as big of a Marchand fan as there is. I only mention it because I’m concerned about Sweeney’s ability to handle this offseason.

Everyone wants to mention the differences, but there are similarities as well. Physical player at 34, may be losing his Batman to retirement. A cap crunch with concerns in the prospect pool. May be a last chance to get value in return. Whispers starting in certain corners about a potential deal, largely dismissed by the fan base.

Again, I HATE the idea. Flat out hate it. I also find it hard to dismiss out of hand. In fact, I think it’s more likely there’s a move akin to this, than Sweeney being able to move enough cap out from the bottom of the roster to see significant additions.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I dont see why Marchand can't carry a line without Bergy. If Bergy doesn't return i for sure say explore trading him but I don't think he is done without him.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
If Bergeron retires I suspect management would ask Marchand how he’s feeling. If he wants to get moved then shop him. If he wants to stay give him the ‘C’

Reactions: BBruins

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I dont see why Marchand can't carry a line without Bergy. If Bergy doesn't return i for sure say explore trading him but I don't think he is done without him.
Of course, Brad can carry a line. I highly doubt he will be traded. That would be beyond stupid

If Bergeron retires I suspect management would ask Marchand how he’s feeling. If he wants to get moved then shop him. If he wants to stay give him the ‘C’
Yep. Someday Mac will wear it but he isn't ready and I hope they don't do that to him.

Brad speaks to the guys in stripes (and many of them like him), leads many of the plays on ice and is a leader on the bench and I hear also in the locker room.

Best case is Bergy returns. If not give the "C" to the other team leader...#63

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
For our sake yes, but if so hopefully we grant his wishes. He’s earned it.
I agree. From all I have seen Brad likes Boston and the Bs. Let's hope that continues. His contract is so very good for the Bs

ps..I like that you and Fenway are remembering smack66 by using his avatar. :)

Reactions: BruinDust

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I agree. From all I have seen Brad likes Boston and the Bs. Let's hope that continues. His contract is so very good for the Bs

ps..I like that you and Fenway are remembering smack66 by using his avatar. :)
Yeah I love him here but I can see why some people might think it’s time to move on with age, value, hip injury, etc. but I’m hanging on to the pulse of the team.

Haha yes I saw @Fenway did it and copied him. :)

Reactions: Fenway and Ladyfan

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
march.jpg

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Should've done the surgery in October so we could LTIR him the entire season as we tank for the #1 pick

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
PR 101 - drop a bad news bomb on a Friday afternoon

BOSTON -- The Bruins snuck in some news ahead of the long weekend, though it's not the kind of news that Boston fans will want to hear. Brad Marchand had to undergo hip surgery on Friday, and will spend the next six months recovering.

That means the Bruins will start the 2022-23 season without Marchand, who led the team with 80 points last season.

Marchand underwent successful hip arthroscopy and labral repair on both hips, the Bruins announced Friday, with his recovery time expected to be six months. That would put his return to the Boston lineup at the end of December, barring any setbacks.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
PR 101 - drop a bad news bomb on a Friday afternoon

BOSTON -- The Bruins snuck in some news ahead of the long weekend, though it's not the kind of news that Boston fans will want to hear. Brad Marchand had to undergo hip surgery on Friday, and will spend the next six months recovering.

That means the Bruins will start the 2022-23 season without Marchand, who led the team with 80 points last season.

Marchand underwent successful hip arthroscopy and labral repair on both hips, the Bruins announced Friday, with his recovery time expected to be six months. That would put his return to the Boston lineup at the end of December, barring any setbacks.

Only if you can't announce it during a Super Bowl parade

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Love love love the player.

Multiple concerns now moving forward: health, character, losing his wingman

And now probably won’t be the time to sell. Have to hope he produces when he comes back, and if things look bleak, I’d cash in before the value diminishes.

Reactions: BMC

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Love love love the player.

Multiple concerns now moving forward: health, character, losing his wingman

And now probably won’t be the time to sell. Have to hope he produces when he comes back, and if things look bleak, I’d cash in before the value diminishes.
I hate the “cash in” thought. Culture matters. He retires wearing the spoked B.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad