Player Discussion Brad Marchand X- Return of the Rat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I can live with most any idiocy... however...
Not knowing who The Ramones are is a cardinal sin. Even My 12 year-old daughter can at least sing I Wanna Be Sedated. And a few others.

Forget everything else... a guy in his 30s not at least knowing who The Ramones are is a red flag.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
I can live with most any idiocy... however...
Not knowing who The Ramones are is a cardinal sin. Even My 12 year-old daughter can at least sing I Wanna Be Sedated. And a few others.

Forget everything else... a guy in his 30s not at least knowing who The Ramones are is a red flag.
To some, music is just whatever artist pepsi co spoon feeds to them

Reactions: b in vancouver

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Given the lack of Bergy who covered his lack of discipline on line changes, his carelessness, his age and his injury, it is absolutely a discussion.

If Bergeron is gone, I keep Swayman and McAvoy. I listen to offers on everybody else. A team without Bergeron, and Don Sweeney/Cam at the helm terrifies me.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
If Bergeron is gone, I keep Swayman and McAvoy. I listen to offers on everybody else. A team without Bergeron, and Don Sweeney/Cam at the helm terrifies me.
They butchered the re-tool in 2015 and 2016. The thought of them overseeing a rebuild, which is significantly harder than a re-tool, is absolutely terrifying.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Not to get off topic but I'd go with McAvoy... he's going into his 6th season with the Bruins and he'll be 25 in December. It's not like he's 20yo going into his sophomore season
A few years from now maybe, but no way with elite vets who've won a Cup like Marchand on the team.

"He'll be 25 in December" is pretty funny though. . .

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
To some, music is just whatever artist pepsi co spoon feeds to them

I pulled on my Ramones t-shirt this morning - is why I thought about it.
ugh... breaks my heart ... lol

I can't name you a tonne of Beyonce, Bruce Springsteen, Rod Stewart, Public Enemy or Eminem songs... but at least I know they exist. Who doesn't know who The Ramones are?

Reactions: Bmessy

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I have no doubt he will be the next captain given his effort, but captains get traded too.
Rebuild or not Marchand serves a purpose here. If rebuilding isn’t he exactly the example you want for youth? Came up in the organization and worked his way from AHL to the 4th line to Hall of Fame franchise LW.

If no rebuild and they decide to continue competing, 63 is a top 3 LW signed to arguably the best bang-for-your-buck contract in the league.

Unless Edmonton is sending over Draisaitl to give McDavid a legit stud at LW, I keep Marchand.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Hate to say it (and I wouldn’t do it) but trading Marchand may be Sweeney’s move. If he can’t manage to trade away the logjam from the bottom of the roster (and he has never shown that aptitude) then who can say Marchand isn’t his Lucic of 2022?
That seems like a way bigger move than Lucic and much bigger blow. When traded Looch had half the point production Marchand had this year, he’s a top 3-5 LW in the league right now.

That team also still had Bergeron, Chara, Krejci, Marchand, Krug, Rask so it was much easier to peel off a piece without completely sinking the team.

I don’t think the logjam at the bottom of the roster is as difficult to move out as we think. Other than Foligno those guys have value that can be moved, and don’t think we need to move all of them.

Buying out Foligno, trading Grz and or Reilly, Debrusk, could clear some good space. Keep Wagner buried and you’re okay for now. I would consider a Coyle move as well before trying to trade Marchand.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I may be having hip surgery as well. Mine would be replacement
Good luck!!! My brother-in-law just had it and he needed lots of attention the first few weeks, but is now walking four miles a day!
Though a little younger than you, my hips are bad as well. However, they only only flare up if sitting for a while or in erratic weather, holding out as long as possible.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad