Player Discussion Brad Marchand IV - CONFIRMED signed 8 years @ 6.125/yr

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I figured he'd sign a Bergeron-esque contract.

Thank you Marchand for wanting to stay and thank you Sweeney/Bruins for making it happen. This is great news. The best two way tandem in the league signed for only 13 mill against the cap. :handclap:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
"Boston has become my second home. I absolutely love it there. I’m very excited about what’s ahead for our team. I really believe in our team and our group and what we’re working towards. It’s a place that I’m very excited about being for the next number of years and potentially my whole career.

Marchand will be a financially comfortable young man, to be sure, but he could have very well gotten a little bit more on the open market.

He said in a statement distributed by the Bruins that "there is no place I would rather play" than Boston and added he wants to "bring the Stanley Cup back to Boston."

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/..._new_bruins_deal_no_place_i_would_rather_play

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
"Boston has become my second home. I absolutely love it there. I’m very excited about what’s ahead for our team. I really believe in our team and our group and what we’re working towards. It’s a place that I’m very excited about being for the next number of years and potentially my whole career.

Marchand will be a financially comfortable young man, to be sure, but he could have very well gotten a little bit more on the open market.

He said in a statement distributed by the Bruins that "there is no place I would rather play" than Boston and added he wants to "bring the Stanley Cup back to Boston."

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/..._new_bruins_deal_no_place_i_would_rather_play

How can you not love Marchy

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
“I think it’s helped people on the outside as well to see how good he is and maybe shed some of that reputation that he brought upon himself earlier in his career,†Bruins coach Claude Julien said of Marchand’s play at the World Cup. “He’s honest about it. He’ll tell you the same thing.

“He’s really starting to shed that reputation. He’s earning a lot of respect from the people watching. But also people in the dressing room are discovering how good a person he really is, things we’ve known for a long time in Boston.â€

“Well-deserved contract for Brad with the way he’s grown as a player, as a person, and everything else,†Julien said. “He’s become a real elite player. He’s being rewarded for it.

“At the same time, I feel it’s a friendly cap hit for our hockey club for the type of player he is. I think both sides won on this. I really do. You hope it’s a great example of more of those to come.â€

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
The D is fixed...long term.

Sweeney needs a couple of young D (ROG, Chiller, Morrow, Carlo) to step up, or some older ones to play over their heads (Chara, Killer) and bridge the gap.

Joe, this is NOT meant as a troll at all.

Who do you see as the bruins 1D long term?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
i would have been more willing to go 8 mill for 5 years but crossing my fingers that marchand will shove all my doubts into my face.

i love this guy, so im glad hes staying but its one hell of a scary contract for an undersize player who needs his quick step to generate his scoring chances

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
There is no question that financially this contract is great for the Bruins so I'm happy about that.

As for Marchand I don't care if he does wear a spoked B, I've never liked pests/agitators & their bush league bull bleep and I'm not going to start now.

To say that you only like this deal because it's good for the team and not because you like what Marchand brings seems a bit "head in the sand-ish"?

Not sure how you can dislike the agitator/pest stuff, but not at the same time acknowledge that Marchand is so much more than that? Personally, I love the sandpaper part of his game, but his real worth is that he is a 200 ft/3 zone player who excels on the PK, but is also a threat to score every time he has the puck. A lot went right this past season for Marchand to hit 37, but if he gets more PP time (like he should), I don't see why he can't put up 30+ for the next 4-5 years.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Joe, this is NOT meant as a troll at all.

Who do you see as the bruins 1D long term?

Don't want to get into this too much here because it's the Marchand thread, but I see McAvoy as the B's #1, with a top 4 (unless one gets dealt for immediate help) as:

Zboril - McAvoy
Lauzon - Carlo

(with Zboril and Lauzon being interchangeable)

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Great deal... called it earlier in thread with many disagreein with me

Yeah, you have mentioned this just a few times...

There is a poster from NS that nailed the contract to the penny, term and amount, so don't get too proud of yourself.

I'm still waiting for Mpata to show up and tell me what happened. He insisted the B's and Marchand were $500k apart and were not going to get a deal done :laugh:

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

There is a poster from NS that nailed the contract to the penny, term and amount, so don't get too proud of yourself.

I'm still waiting for Mpata to show up and tell me what happened. He insisted the B's and Marchand were $500k apart and were not going to get a deal done :laugh:

$500K apart? Only if Sweeney offered 6.62 and Marshy told him he'd take $500K less for the sake of the team. :laugh:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Don't want to get into this too much here because it's the Marchand thread, but I see McAvoy as the B's #1, with a top 4 (unless one gets dealt for immediate help) as:

Zboril - McAvoy
Lauzon - Carlo

(with Zboril and Lauzon being interchangeable)

Don't forget about Lindgren, brah. I think he and McAvoy will fit together pretty well. Just a feeling I have; I'm pretty high on Lindren. Love the skating and smarts he has. Good size and the frame to add more too.

http://thehockeywriters.com/ryan-lindgren-the-next-ones-nhl-2016-draft-prospect-profile/

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011

Ya I don't have any "insider" info just using my own brain/logic

Think you're wrong on b's being fine om D... I'm. A show me guy and they haven't shown squat in 2 years

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Sweeney said something about "now that he has a family" referring to Brad. Does he have kids? I thought he was single.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
And to think, there were a few brief posts talking about him going to free agency...or *****-burg....:laugh:

REALLY glad to have Brad locked in for the long haul. He's worth so much to this time, aside from goals and being one of the best shooters on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad