Player Discussion Brad Marchand IV - CONFIRMED signed 8 years @ 6.125/yr

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Terrific deal. Well done for the FO and huge appreciation for Marchy for taking much less than he could have made. I was expecting over 7. Very glad to have him locked up long term at an extremely reasonable price. Good to see he wants to stay here, hopefully he's ready to kick some more ass this year.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Great news, well done Mr. Sweeney for not letting this linger into the season.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
I disagree. The most important thing on Sweeney's to do list is to fix that damn defense. Re-signing Marchand was important but not as important as that.

Ok, so let Marchand reach UFA and then try to sign him right?? Based on time alone, this was the most important thing even if they have other major issues.

I have little doubt that Sweeney has been calling other teams and they are trying to rake him over the coals. He can't make another Rinaldo for a 3rd rd pick deal, or Smith for Hayes etc. Just watch Cheveldayoff and how he handles Trouba. He held out for a king's ransom for a troubled player in Kane. No doubt, he's is prepared to do the same thing again.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Love the deal, thank you Marchand! I was busy at work and my phone buzzed so I went to check it real quick...Only had time to read the few words in the title of the Bruins update and all I could read was 'Bruins sign Brad Marchand to a...' and I was like ahhhhh, lol. I was shocked later on when I had time to read the aav!

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Ok, so let Marchand reach UFA and then try to sign him right?? Based on time alone, this was the most important thing even if they have other major issues.

I have little doubt that Sweeney has been calling other teams and they are trying to rake him over the coals. He can't make another Rinaldo for a 3rd rd pick deal, or Smith for Hayes etc. Just watch Cheveldayoff and how he handles Trouba. He held out for a king's ransom for a troubled player in Kane. No doubt, he's is prepared to do the same thing again.

Only difference is Kane was under contract and actually playing a role on there team.

You're now missing Trouba from your lineup....this is a lot harder to deal with.

Just think of the old days when McLaren held out. SUCKED!

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Only difference is Kane was under contract and actually playing a role on there team.

You're now missing Trouba from your lineup....this is a lot harder to deal with.

Just think of the old days when McLaren held out. SUCKED!

And he could deal Kane at any point in the year and he would be able to play for the team that acquired him, injuries aside.

We'll see how this plays out, but that Dec. 1 deadline looms large for the both the team and the player.

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
Would I prefer a year or two less? Sure.
Do I think the cap hit is outstanding? Hell yes!
Absolutely awesome and I'm glad they got it done before the season :yo:

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
So, so excited. Excited that Sweeney got the deal done, and REALLY excited at the price. Quite a bit less than I was expecting actually. Looking forward to a long time having Marchy on Bergy's wing.

Kosikarzzz

Mar 10, 2004
Windsor
Guy is a winner and every team needs a guy like this to win. He is an elite penalty killer and elite pest. Also a very entertaining player to watch. It amazes me what he does. Awesome deal.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

It sounds like you're assuming that #63 would have had another 35+ goal season under his belt when he turned UFA. We'll never know now but there is just as good a chance that he would have reverted to 20-25 goals a season.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
any reason why the header says 6.2 per? bruins release says 49/8 which is 6.125M

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
It sounds like you're assuming that #63 would have had another 35+ goal season under his belt when he turned UFA. We'll never know now but there is just as good a chance that he would have reverted to 20-25 goals a season.

Trying a little too hard there Beems.

Much more accurate to call him a 25-30 goal guy.

I know you don't dig him, but let's not devalue what he brings to the team. Not only goals, but all-around play.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
We in fairness he'll be 29....

He isn't a rookie by any means, but I agree with you.

I actually forgot about the 8 years not beginning until next season, still overall a good signing. He doesn't seem like the type of player that will burn out fast. I have no facts to back this up but like others have said he seems so competitive that he'll still be good into his mid to late 30s barring injuries

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
pleasantly shocked by the number, not that 6.2 is that much less than the 7 I was anticipating yearly, just thought the conversation wouldn`t even start without the #7 mentioned

Great stuff Sweens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad