Player Discussion Brad Marchand IV - CONFIRMED signed 8 years @ 6.125/yr

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Mildly worried about term, but great AAV. Well don Sweejus!

Same but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Ecstatic that he remains a Bruin. Now all those obnoxious talks of him looking good next to Crosby can stop at the end of the tourney

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Thank God. Took a weight off my chest. So happy. Do you guys realize we got a premier duo (in 2015-16 only Seguin-Benn got more goals) in the league signed long term at a combined 13 mill only? Great signing.

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
I LOVE it!! Put this to rest and now we don't have to hear how great he looked next to Crosby at the World Championships, and may be looking to go to Pittsburgh...

Maybe Sid will look to sign here instead...:naughty:

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great deal for us. Brad deserved the extra year no doubt. Cap hit is nice and low and he should have no problems out producing that number. He gets 8 per on the open market. Hope he never wears another team's sweater. One more Cup and 63 will go to the rafters when he hangs them up.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
His buddy Reilly Smith virtually makes the same thing and only costs 1 mil less this deal is great!!!!

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Great signing by Don Sweeney.

Marchand get job security and doesn't have to run the risk of an injury derailing what would have been his upcoming UFA season.

in return the Bruins get a key player signed long term at a very team friendly rate.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Marchand was in the last year of a four-year, $18 million deal with the Bruins.

"This is an extremely exciting day for me and my family," Marchand said in a release. "I would like to thank the Jacobs family, Cam Neely, Don Sweeney, Claude Julien, the coaching staff, my teammates and our fans for their continued support and belief in me. I have been a Bruin since the start of my pro career and there is no place I would rather play.

http://www.tsn.ca/marchand-signs-eight-year-49-million-extension-with-bruins-1.573902

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Also love the timing of this.

Feels great as a fan to start the season knowing you've got a pretty incredible pair locked up on team friendly contracts for a number of years.

Says something about Marchand's love for the organization, IMO. Yeah it's 8 years but he left a fair bit of money on the table in AAV.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Highway robbery.

I would have been happy to pay him $8m and I bet he could have got $8.5 if he went to market. The Bruins are so lucky this guy loves it here.

Amazing deal for an awesome player.

OT: Somebody that gets a pretty tough time of it on this board told me this was a done deal last Friday, and he wasn't far off the AAV either.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Marchand was in the last year of a four-year, $18 million deal with the Bruins.

"This is an extremely exciting day for me and my family," Marchand said in a release. "I would like to thank the Jacobs family, Cam Neely, Don Sweeney, Claude Julien, the coaching staff, my teammates and our fans for their continued support and belief in me. I have been a Bruin since the start of my pro career and there is no place I would rather play.

http://www.tsn.ca/marchand-signs-eight-year-49-million-extension-with-bruins-1.573902

Aw...Nice words from Brad.

Some players actually mean what they say.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Getting this done was the most important thing on Sweeney's to do list and everybody seems happy with the terms.

Brad's performance for Team Canada has raised eyebrows around the NHL at how could he can be. This is a good day.

MOOKER411

Nov 13, 2009
KERROBERT, SASK
I got something right woo hoo. I figured if he stayed he would go for less than Bergy. He could have easily got $7 plus as a free agent.

So excited that this was looked after before the season started.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Also, his Cap increase for next year is only 1.625M while Chara Cap hit decrease by 2.9M.

16-17 Chara+Marchand= 11.4M
17-18 Chara+Marchand= 10.125M

Saving of 1.275M on the Cap for 17-18.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad