Player Discussion Brad Marchand IV - CONFIRMED signed 8 years @ 6.125/yr

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

:laugh:

Wow, I didn't expect to be laughing and laughing for another week.

I want to go back and quote all the posts about Sweeney blowing this...and the B's having to pay more because of the World Cup...and Marchand leaving to play with Crosby...and it being all about the $$$...

Fortunately, I don't have the time, nor the inclination :D

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Anyone saying the term is too long, is a complete moron.
The Bruins just got a sweet cap hit aav in Marchand's prime UFA years.
Amazing deal imho.

ps the main board is mentioning term and it's teh funneh.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
He should of been.

This is a hometown discount if there ever was one.

It's a dsicount, but it's not insulting. It's 50 million bucks and an 8 year commitment. That's not an insult at all, which was I was getting at. I would have easily paid him 7M no question about it, but to some players the years are worth more.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
You guys think Marchand signs this deal if Sweeney gives up last year while firmly entrenched in the play-offs and deals Eriksson for two 2nd's?

Loyalty is a two way street, and I think Sweeney and Marchand have both shown that lately.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
It's a dsicount, but it's not insulting. It's 50 million bucks and an 8 year commitment. That's not an insult at all, which was I was getting at. I would have easily paid him 7M no question about it, but to some players the years are worth more.

I'm glad your were right. This is a great deal.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Well I guess Marchand really likes it here and likes the direction the team is heading in :)

I think I can speak for all of us when I say that we like that he likes being here

I think I can say that MOST here are happy he is staying :yo:

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Wow. Much better than expected. That 8th year probably knocked the annual average down a good chunk. That's a long term though. Value is still good overall. Backes and Krejci are off the books in the final 3 or 4 years of the deal anyway.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
How do you know?

I worked as a Seer in Salem. I usually only use my powers for picking football games (although I did take Steelers yesterday)

A couple of friends told me but I actually figured it would be when he got back they'd announce it

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Anyone saying the term is too long, is a complete moron.
The Bruins just got a sweet cap hit aav in Marchand's prime UFA years.
Amazing deal imho.

ps the main board is mentioning term and it's teh funneh.

Great post as usual

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Well this is a nice little start to the week. Heck of a deal for the B's. Glad the little rat is sticking around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad