Player Discussion Brad Marchand IV - CONFIRMED signed 8 years @ 6.125/yr

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Well I freely admit I was wrong at what it would take to get Marchand signed. Thought it would be no less than 7 per. I even called 6.25 an insult.

This is a absolute steal of a deal for Boston. I'm shocked and amazed.

Game-breaking winger (is there any question he's a game-breaker after that semi-final win by Canada), who can pop 30-40, play a terrific two-way game, kills penalties, and most of all, comes to play every single night.

The best move Sweeney has made thus far as GM, bar none.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
in 3 years, we'll still be kissing a fired Donny's ass over this hit.

riverhawkey91

May 22, 2011
Lowell, MA
Amazing deal. 8 years is a long time for a contract, but unless the cap takes a dive in that time, I don't see how Marchand won't be worth every penny the entire time. He'll only be 35/36 at the end, which isn't bad at all. Possibly the first great move by Sweeney so far; that's what we need more of!

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Well I guess Marchand really likes it here and likes the direction the team is heading in :)

I think I can speak for all of us when I say that we like that he likes being here

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
in 3 years, we'll still be kissing a fired Donny's ass over this hit.

I'll take that bet on the firing

By the way I want to thank both dup7 and one of my buds who lurks here for nailing this sucker dead on last week - good job guys I know both of you had great info and don't know each other so figured where there's smoke there's fire

Loved reading the thread great fun

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
He would have easily cleared $7M on the open market and I thought for sure that's what it'd take to get him to stay.

What an awesome career Marchand has made for himself. From the 4th line in 2010 to this.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
Easily $2M per less than his market value, and he'll be a Bruin for his entire career.

Sweeney knocked this one right over the Monster. A great day to be a Bruins fan.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Deal was done before WC so price never went up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad