Player Discussion Brad Marchand IV - CONFIRMED signed 8 years @ 6.125/yr

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Was chatting up the Marchand situation with a few buddies before a beer league game and I told them that the world was going to see Marchand on the big stage, and it would open their eyes to what Boston Fans have known for half a decade.

I went out on a limb and said he'd outscore Crosby.... and be the tourney MVP.
After 4 games he sits 2 pts behind Crosby, so there is a chance.

Can't wait to see him poke at Chara all week long!!

He is the leading goal scorer though, Crosby has a couple more assists than he does so he's leading points.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
He's going to be feeling great going into the season.

I always think back to the greatest seasons of Brent Sutter and John Tonelli when they came right off the World Cup on fire. Or was it called the Canada Cup?

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
The 71st overall pick of the 2006 draft, Marchand has managed at least 20 goals five times in five full seasons with Boston (he had 18 goals in the 48-game season), doing so with minimal power-play time. In fact, his 66 even-strength goals since the start of the 2013-14 season lands him in the same ballpark as more reputed scorers like Crosby (69), Patrick Kane (69), Phil Kessel (68) and John Tavares (67).

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Is there better value for a duo than Bergeron and Marchand at $13 million a year for the next 6 seasons?

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Is there better value for a duo than Bergeron and Marchand at $13 million a year for the next 6 seasons?

Absolutely not.

THe Marchand and Krug contracts are hands down without question Sweeney's biggest accomplishment so far. Lucic haul is iffy Frederick, Colin, Zboril... jury is out I guess.

Brad's market value is over 8 per right now without question. Just a great deal for us.

Need to show him respect by beefing this team up immediately and not waiting 2-3 years for kids who could end up busting or end up taking 4 years to develop between juniors and the A.

Marchand barely makes more than Reilly Smith.

We are in an extremely good place with our contracts for the next 3-4 seasons you can't be waiting on guys who are nowhere close as teenagers.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I hope Marchand retires the pest part and becomes a 35-40 goal scorer

To many players like him and it should be Brad Marchand The Early Years.

Stan Mikita was worse and one day he said screw it and became a better player and even won the Lady Bing. No need to go that far but if you can do it be a sniper not a chirper

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I hope Marchand retires the pest part and becomes a 35-40 goal scorer

To many players like him and it should be Brad Marchand The Early Years.

Stan Mikita was worse and one day he said screw it and became a better player and even won the Lady Bing. No need to go that far but if you can do it be a sniper not a chirper

Disagree last thing we want is Brad to turn into Henrik Bumquist Ellen Vignault's favorite son.

Too small for him to go Lady Bing on us. Hes in trouble if he loses his edge. Wouldn't have made Team Canada if they didn't need some snarl.

I mean look at Beleskey not a big guy at all if that guy decided to coast and not go balls to the wall and hit everything in sight he'd be pumping gas for a living probably couldn't even hack it in the A. But because of his mentality he's a key guy.

I love the chirping. Especially when we play Vancouver. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

'How you still in the league Hamhuis' hahahahaha he's the best.:D

Just scored the tournament winning goal for Canada hockey fans everywhere are finally going to give the guy the grudging respect they've always had for him openly.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
"How many guys gotta be injured to call you up?"

"Hey Danny, how's the chin?" :biglaugh:

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Disagree last thing we want is Brad to turn into Henrik Bumquist Ellen Vignault's favorite son.

Too small for him to go Lady Bing on us. Hes in trouble if he loses his edge. Wouldn't have made Team Canada if they didn't need some snarl.

I mean look at Beleskey not a big guy at all if that guy decided to coast and not go balls to the wall and hit everything in sight he'd be pumping gas for a living probably couldn't even hack it in the A. But because of his mentality he's a key guy.

I love the chirping. Especially when we play Vancouver. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

'How you still in the league Hamhuis' hahahahaha he's the best.:D

Just scored the tournament winning goal for Canada hockey fans everywhere are finally going to give the guy the grudging respect they've always had for him openly.
He practically hugged his way through the hand-shake line.

Its over the pest is dead....he's now a 35-45 goal scorer and Canadian TV will soon be showing a pilot of Everybody Loves Brad....

'Bradley' Marchand is just around the corner

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
The chirping is one thing, but he's gotta stop the dirty stuff.

He'll never get away with slew-footing the way his erstwhile line-mate does.

Hes cut it out by about 60-70%.

Im sorry but he absolutely has to go low on a guy every once and a while to keep them honest and protect himself.

And when he does it everyone will flip and out he'll get a game to sit.

I hope you appreciate that this guy is judged by Tom Brady/Bill Belichick standards when it comes to physical play and will be punished unfairly. He knows it and has cut back.

Meanwhile dirtbags like Shaw can embarrass the sport and the league by yelling hate speech at an opponent on National television and then when they dangerously board a prospect not miss a single F-ing game.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Hes cut it out by about 60-70%.

Im sorry but he absolutely has to go low on a guy every once and a while to keep them honest and protect himself.

And when he does it everyone will flip and out he'll get a game to sit.

I hope you appreciate that this guy is judged by Tom Brady/Bill Belichick standards when it comes to physical play and will be punished unfairly. He knows it and has cut back.

Meanwhile dirtbags like Shaw can embarrass the sport and the league by yelling hate speech at an opponent on National television and then when they dangerously board a prospect not miss a single F-ing game.

I wish it would be only a game. Unless he cools it for 2 or 3 seasons his next offense will prolly net him 4 or 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad