Player Discussion Brad Marchand IV - CONFIRMED signed 8 years @ 6.125/yr

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Hyperbole much? Backes is one of the most durable players in the league. The guy has missed only 24 games in 10 seasons.

And when you lay hits like he does, that is remarkable. And to add to that, the games he missed in the 2014 playoffs were due to an awful Seabrook high hit, so you cant really call that a body problem either.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
They just gave Backes 6 per till 36, and his body is in shambles compared to Brad. You're worried about Brad holding up to 36 now?

shambles? Please elaborate, if anything, I`ve been impressed that a player like him who doesn`t shy away from the physical game has always remained a guy you could almost always pencil into the lineup virtually every game

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
NHL channel giving Brad some love for his play in the games for Canada. They say he has fit in very well and is one of the better players on the team.

I knew he would be ;)

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
And when you lay hits like he does, that is remarkable. And to add to that, the games he missed in the 2014 playoffs were due to an awful Seabrook high hit, so you cant really call that a body problem either.

That was the "wakey wakey Backes" hit right?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
This makes 0 sense.

Now you don't think that there will be reports soon about contract talks with Marchand? :laugh:

Makes perfect sense.

I don't think there will be reports that the B's and Marchand are $500k apart, which is what you are claiming.

ps Is that $500k per year or over the life of the contract? Inquiring minds want to know.

sportsvg

Dec 24, 2014
Ontario
Wouldn't it be sweet if Marchy and Bergy light it up and Crosby gets no points. Then we could put to bed the idea of trying to find them the perfect 3rd wheel and just let them run a 2 man show with a warm (and cheap) 3rd body.

Well so much for that - new plan, smuggle Crosby back to Boston after the tournament (or Couture who looked good with them on the shifts after powerplays).

Maybe Pittsburg would take 1st round picks until Crosby retires in return?

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
Well so much for that - new plan, smuggle Crosby back to Boston after the tournament (or Couture who looked good with them on the shifts after powerplays).

Maybe Pittsburg would take 1st round picks until Crosby retires in return?

Considering the constant controversy we have with ours, you could sign me up for that and toss in Pasternak.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
watching Marchand in the World Cup and granted he's got two of the very best players in the world on his line, but he 100% looks like he belongs and looks better than most or the other Canada forwards.

All this question of whether last season was an anomaly needs to be put to rest. He's one of the best wingers in the world and if they give him what he's worth they aren't going to regret it.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
watching Marchand in the World Cup and granted he's got two of the very best players in the world on his line, but he 100% looks like he belongs and looks better than most or the other Canada forwards.

All this question of whether last season was an anomaly needs to be put to rest. He's one of the best wingers in the world and if they give him what he's worth they aren't going to regret it.

He's been a lot better than guys who make significantly more money than him.

I love Toews but if he's worth 10.5, 7.5 AAV for Marchand is starting to look like a steal.

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site

Canada's forward ratings:

1) Crosby
2) Marchand
3) Bergeron
4) Tavares

5 -12) everyone else is interchangeable

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Hopefully Marchand's AAV is not rising after this tournament. I would've already signed him at 7 million long time ago. I'm not terribly afraid of the term. He has pretty clean injury history and as a hunch, small guys seem to age better. I don't know if there's any statistical backing for that though.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

All this question of whether last season was an anomaly needs
to be put to rest. He's one of the best wingers in the world and if they give him what he's worth they aren't going to regret it.

Marchy DOES belong. I am very proud of him. He has looked excellent out there.

dup7

Jul 5, 2006
Halifax, NS
Call it a gut feeling, but I think ppl round these parts are gonna be real pleased when the world cup is over....:naughty:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Call it a gut feeling, but I think ppl round these parts are gonna be real pleased when the world cup is over....:naughty:

Hope so. I have been saying all along I think BM is a Bruin's lifer and all the Crosby recruiting stuff was BS. He and Bergeron great pair and he realizes it. B's drafted him and gave him his shot, why leave?

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

I figure he's got another 250 goals or more in him as a Bruins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad