Player Discussion Brad Marchand IV - CONFIRMED signed 8 years @ 6.125/yr

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
If they don't sign him before the start of the season, then I think he's gone.
Agreed, and in my opinion, if that's the case, he shouldn't be the only one leaving. However, I do think they'll end up getting an extension done. It was Sweeney's decision to keep either Lucic or Marchand to be a part of the team's core, and he chose Marchand. He'll try to get him extended.

Last edited:

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Maybe it is, and they are just waiting until after the WC to announce it? That premise is just as possible as any other I have seen thrown out there.

LOL. There are no such things as secrets in sports today. All it takes is one to leak news like that. And if Sweeney managed to sign Brad to a deal that is at least 1 mil per year below market value, if not 2, you can bet we'd know about it. He's been taking it on the chin for a long time now and NEEDS a PR victory like that.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
LOL. There are no such things as secrets in sports today. All it takes is one to leak news like that. And if Sweeney managed to sign Brad to a deal that is at least 1 mil per year below market value, if not 2, you can bet we'd know about it. He's been taking it on the chin for a long time now and NEEDS a PR victory like that.

You are out of your mind. Lol. It's an iceberg - the tip is reported. But we can all think whatever we want it is after all our world. You are 100% wrong here.

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
2 goals, 2 assists in WC semi final... continues to dominate with Bergeron and Crosby.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Fantastic tonight, I tempted getting an infraction defending him again. Man I should stay off the main boards but I cannot stomach seeing our guys get trash talked. People were after him about taking on Malkin, who started the jumping of Marchands deeman. Marshy stepped in and did his thing, good for him. That is a true team mate, they ignore the typical malkin crosscheck to a turned guy and focus on Marshy face washing Malkin.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Great game tonight. Marchand & Crosby were buzzing all night. Had a Bergeron tee on tonight at ACC & was approached several times to discuss Marchand. He's earning respect around the league. Deservedly.

Kardi

Jul 28, 2004
Interwebs
6/6 would be blessed but I can see it going all the way up to 6 years @ 7 milli per if his agent is on his game.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Anything around 6.5 to 7.5 is pretty fair. 6.5 puts him 6th in cap hit among left wingers in the league and 7.5 puts him in a near tie as the third highest.

I see no reason he doesn't deserve Tarasenko-like money at 7.5.

Heck at this stage I'd be willing to go higher into the 7.7-7.8 range if I could get a couple years shaved off the deal so it's a 6 year deal and not a 7 or 8.

Hopefully they got a deal in principle done before the WC and they are just waiting for the tourny to end to announce it.

Duguay

Stay at home Forward
Mar 5, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Frank Seravalli (TSN) believes Marchand will be leaving to go and play with Crosby in Pittsburgh.

The two of them trained together on the East Coast this summer and are close.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Frank Seravalli (TSN) believes Marchand will be leaving to go and play with Crosby in Pittsburgh.

That would really blow for the Bruins, losing him for nothing. If they are not close to re-signing him mid-season, they should seriously consider a trade. I hope that's not the case though. While playing with Crosby must certainly be appealing, he has built his reputation playing with Bergy and should not be too eager to test how he does without him.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

I can see him getting 50 there

Good career move and Pittsburgh as a place to live very underrated

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
If there is any truth to him intending to play with Sid they should already be working on trades.

I went out to eat last night with 4 friends all Bruins fans 2 with season tickets over 30 years and occasional info

One told me info that makes me think he's going to be here for the rest of his life

Someone else told me similar from HF- they don't know each other

But that's boring

It's more fun to worry about him leaving

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
Brad Marchand coy about playing with Sidney Crosby on Penguins
It’s hard to imagine the Penguins would add another high-priced forward, or that Marchand wouldn’t break the bank in money and term as a free agent, but …

… is an NHL reunion between these instant-chemistry linemates out of the realm of possibility?

The question asked of Marchand: Does a very tiny part of you sit there and say maybe I should wait until next Sumner and see if a certain team in Pennsylvania might be interested in signing me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad