Player Discussion Brad Marchand IV - CONFIRMED signed 8 years @ 6.125/yr

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

member 96824

Speaking of Whiskey, I still owe my boy Flannelman a drink because Kelly was here at the start of '14-'15.

I'd hate him if I didn't like him so much :laugh:

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
200w.gif

Reunited with seguin and working on his game

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Marchand has actually been one of the more productive scorers in the league over the past three seasons, despite garnering minimal power-play time. In fact, his 66 even-strength goals since the start of the 2013-14 season is tied for 12th most, about on par with Phil Kessel (68) and more than the likes of Blake Wheeler (61), Zach Parise (54), Jeff Carter (54), or Taylor Hall (53).

"There's not many guys in the league that are around those numbers without power play," said Marchand, who finished 261st among NHL skaters in power play time last season. "I always felt that I was right there. Just got a little more opportunity last year so it was nice that it kind of came together."

http://www.tsn.ca/marchand-brings-unique-style-to-team-canada-1.563159

Marchand knows his value. One of the best two-way player in the league and one of the top goal scorers in the past few years. Still with plenty of quality years ahead of him. Bruins have to act. Can't get into the season with an un-signed Marchand.

Wake up of your summer long coma Don and extend that guy!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Marchand has actually been one of the more productive scorers in the league over the past three seasons, despite garnering minimal power-play time. In fact, his 66 even-strength goals since the start of the 2013-14 season is tied for 12th most, about on par with Phil Kessel (68) and more than the likes of Blake Wheeler (61), Zach Parise (54), Jeff Carter (54), or Taylor Hall (53).

"There's not many guys in the league that are around those numbers without power play," said Marchand, who finished 261st among NHL skaters in power play time last season. "I always felt that I was right there. Just got a little more opportunity last year so it was nice that it kind of came together."

http://www.tsn.ca/marchand-brings-unique-style-to-team-canada-1.563159

Marchand knows his value. One of the best two-way player in the league and one of the top goal scorers in the past few years. Still with plenty of quality years ahead of him. Bruins have to act. Can't get into the season with an un-signed Marchand.

Wake up of your summer long coma Don and extend that guy!

yes please.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
yes please.

You and me differ where I would trade/not sign just about anybody on the team even if the player is very likable, helped us win a cup, hard worker, etc but when it comes to Marchand I am on your side 100%.

Even with little faith in them, I know there is no way that this organization lets Marchand walk.

However, I think it shows Marchand that he might not be a very high priority when they're willing to overpay players like McQuaid and Miller but won't give Marchand an extra $500k a year.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
You and me differ where I would trade/not sign just about anybody on the team even if the player is very likable, helped us win a cup, hard worker, etc but when it comes to Marchand I am on your side 100%.

Even with little faith in them, I know there is no way that this organization lets Marchand walk.

However, I think it shows Marchand that he might not be a very high priority when they're willing to overpay players like McQuaid and Miller but won't give Marchand an extra $500k a year.

Where is the link or story they won't pay him the extra $500,000

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Where is the link or story they won't pay him the extra $500,000

I'm giving my opinion based off of context clues. You should try it sometime instead of just loving 95% of what the Bruins do just because you've been a fan since the 60's.

Please enlighten me as to why the Bruins haven't signed him yet if it isn't about money.

sportsvg

Dec 24, 2014
Ontario
I'm giving my opinion based off of context clues. You should try it sometime instead of just loving 95% of what the Bruins do just because you've been a fan since the 60's.

Please enlighten me as to why the Bruins haven't signed him yet if it isn't about money.

Agent: "let's meet"
Don: "busy with this Vesey thing, let's meet in a couple weeks"
Agent: "busy then with the World Cup thing"
Don: "Lets meet when that's over"
Agent: "ok, I just heard my boy is playing with Crosby and Bergy, after the WC works just fine for me"

seems entirely plausible - I'd be pretty shocked if they don't work something out before the regular season starts - my guess 7.25 to 7.75 per year

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Agent: "let's meet"
Don: "busy with this Vesey thing, let's meet in a couple weeks"
Agent: "busy then with the World Cup thing"
Don: "Lets meet when that's over"
Agent: "ok, I just heard my boy is playing with Crosby and Bergy, after the WC works just fine for me"

seems entirely plausible - I'd be pretty shocked if they don't work something out before the regular season starts - my guess 7.25 to 7.75 per year

If Marchand gets more than $7m then I'll eat crow and admit I was wrong. However, the rumor was that he is asking for $7m so I doubt the Bruins are going to give him more than what he asked for.

I think the Bruins are trying to pay him $6.5

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

Since I've been insulted I am going to have to put you out to pasture no need for reply

sportsvg

Dec 24, 2014
Ontario
If Marchand gets more than $7m then I'll eat crow and admit I was wrong. However, the rumor was that he is asking for $7m so I doubt the Bruins are going to give him more than what he asked for.

I think the Bruins are trying to pay him $6.5

If he comes in under $7m I think that's great value going forward - I get to 7.25 just from what Krechi got - It's hard to figure he wouldn't get over $7m on the open market

And personally I remember telling people I was embarrassed he was a Bruin a few years ago and would have been all for trading him, at this point I don't like what the team is without him.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Next time I'm horribly wrong at work because I claimed something for which there is no evidence, I'm stealing the phrase "context clues". Maybe even say "Jinkees! A context clue" when I do. ;)

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Since I've been insulted I am going to have to put you out to pasture no need for reply

I was mostly joking around. I like your comments even though I don't always agree with them.

If he comes in under $7m I think that's great value going forward - I get to 7.25 just from what Krechi got - It's hard to figure he wouldn't get over $7m on the open market

And personally I remember telling people I was embarrassed he was a Bruin a few years ago and would have been all for trading him, at this point I don't like what the team is without him.

I love Marchand but anything over $7m is pushing it. We need to worry about the future more than anything.

Next time I'm horribly wrong at work because I claimed something for which there is no evidence, I'm stealing the phrase "context clues". Maybe even say "Jinkees! A context clue" when I do. ;)

First of all, I'm not horribly wrong and second of all you shouldn't be commenting on a message board as if your boss is over your shoulder about to fire you if he/she doesn't approve of your comment. That would make for some boring conversation.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
First of all, I'm not horribly wrong and second of all you shouldn't be commenting on a message board as if your boss is over your shoulder about to fire you if he/she doesn't approve of your comment. That would make for some boring conversation.

Yes, you are horribly wrong, and you have absolutely no evidence except wild speculation. There are literally thousands of more plausible explanations as to why Marchand isn't signed besides the Bruins balking over half a million. Starting with the fact that Marchand is playing in a dumb PR tourney right now. Your "context clues" are nonsense to anyone with a (*ahem*) clue.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Yes, you are horribly wrong, and you have absolutely no evidence except wild speculation. There are literally thousands of more plausible explanations as to why Marchand isn't signed besides the Bruins balking over half a million. Starting with the fact that Marchand is playing in a dumb PR tourney right now. Your "context clues" are nonsense to anyone with a (*ahem*) clue.

It's great how you think your opinion is right but mine is horrible wrong. You do realize that neither is true until proven otherwise? At least I'm man enough to admit that there is a chance that I could be wrong.

There are "literally" thousands of plausible explanations? Okay, name 3. I'll wait while you scratch your head but it should be pretty easy since their are "literally" thousands. :laugh:

Some fans are crazy to think that 99% of everything that happens doesn't revolve around money.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Seems pretty specific ($500k) for something you are basing off of "context clues"? Truth is you don't have any more of an idea than anyone else. You just don't like admitting that apparently?

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Seems pretty specific ($500k) for something you are basing off of "context clues"? Truth is you don't have any more of an idea than anyone else. You just don't like admitting that apparently?

Reading comprehension seems tough in this thread for some people. I said it was my opinion. I said that I could be wrong and if I am then I will eat crow. How exactly is that not admitting that I don't know more than other people? All I said was that I'm not wrong. Because it's impossible to be wrong if there are no facts yet.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Reading comprehension seems tough in this thread for some people. I said it was my opinion. I said that I could be wrong and if I am then I will eat crow. How exactly is that not admitting that I don't know more than other people? All I said was that I'm not wrong. Because it's impossible to be wrong if there are no facts yet.

You are pulling stuff out of your butt.

There's a big difference between saying "this is my opinion"...and saying "the B's are shortchanging Marchand by $500k" :laugh:

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
You are pulling stuff out of your butt.

There's a big difference between saying "this is my opinion"...and saying "the B's are shortchanging Marchand by $500k" :laugh:

I guess we'll have to wait for a source that either confirms what I'm saying or denies it. Should be coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad