Player Discussion Brad Marchand IV - CONFIRMED signed 8 years @ 6.125/yr

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
Me too great player. Scores most of his goals on 5 on 5 playing against the other teams top lines. What more do you need

this is why I don't think we should be worrying about his goal production dipping back to low-mid 20's, give the guy some real PP time and he probably could have surpassed 40 goals last season.

i also think he'd be a great mentor for a guy like frank vatrano. they're built from the same mold so to speak. small'ish yet fiesty winger that can shoot. Franky V would benefit a lot from having 63 around for the foreseeable future.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Me too great player. Scores most of his goals on 5 on 5 playing against the other teams top lines. What more do you need

Top-10 best 15-16 goal scorers (minus PP goals):

1. Marchand 31
1. OV 31
3. Kane 29
4. Tarasenko 28
5. Neal 27
6. Crosby 26
6. Pavelski 26
6. Seguin 26
6. Tavares 26
10. Forsberg 25
10. Saad 25

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Top-10 best 15-16 goal scorers (minus PP goals):

1. Marchand 31
1. OV 31
3. Kane 29
4. Tarasenko 28
5. Neal 27
6. Crosby 26
6. Pavelski 26
6. Seguin 26
6. Tavares 26
10. Forsberg 25
10. Saad 25

What's more impressive about this list; those other players get top PP minutes while Marchand played with stiffs on the 2nd unit.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
I'd love to see the Brad Marchand extension announced today ........6.85 over 6-7 years :)

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I'm wondering if they are waiting until after the World Championship tourney.

I am wondering if the Marchand camp is waiting until after the tournament where Marchand will be playing with Bergeron and Crosby all tournament upping his value to every other GM in the league including Pittsburgh's.

Hasn't Crosby recruited a winger to play on his team right before the Bruins have signed that player before...?:sarcasm:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I am wondering if the Marchand camp is waiting until after the tournament where Marchand will be playing with Bergeron and Crosby all tournament upping his value to every other GM in the league including Pittsburgh's.

Hasn't Crosby recruited a winger to play on his team right before the Bruins have signed that player before...?:sarcasm:

I'm not sure Crosby will be going out for beers anytime soon? Appreciating a guy on your national team and recruiting him to play with you is different.

I don't see BM leaving Boston or them letting him go.

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
I don't like the fact that there has been no progress since we heard about the initial offer/amount-wanted back in July.

This is getting ridiculous

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I'm not sure Crosby will be going out for beers anytime soon? Appreciating a guy on your national team and recruiting him to play with you is different.

I don't see BM leaving Boston or them letting him go.

https://www.nhl.com/news/crosby-marchand-teaming-up-for-world-cup/c-281344970

http://nesn.com/2016/08/sidney-crosby-brad-marchand-most-exciting-newcomer-to-team-canada/

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/sports-sidney-crosby-brad-marchand-hockey-video-1.3711741

Read into the articles what you will and their summer training together. Penguins fans for years have been screaming for a LW to gel with Crosby.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Harry Sinden still advises people in Boston right? Ya, I doubt we'll pay him what he wants before he hits UFA

Look at Backes contract and Krejci for clues

Marchand likely gets 7/49

But....

When does NMC end

What is last 2 years of contract ?

8 nmc
8 nmc
8 nmc
8 nmc
7 nmc
6 NTC
4 NTC

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

The only thing I "read" into the articles, two of which re-hashed the same info, was that Crosby and Marchand are from the same area and Crosby is happier to play with him for TC then against him.

Not sure what you are seeing there that I don't?

In the link Dan posted, I saw this:

“I know that everyone wants an update and everything, but I really can’t comment on what’s going on, but we are talking and hopefully we’ll figure something out,” Marchand said.

I will take Marchand at his word and assume talks are ongoing, rather than speculate that he's going to get poached by the Pens.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I'm almost hoping he goes to free agency, so I can laugh at the Habs, Pens, and Canucklehads fans when they twist themselves in knots trying to justify why they would want him after *****ing about him for years. Kind of like Looch last year, only 10x better.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
The only thing I "read" into the articles, two of which re-hashed the same info, was that Crosby and Marchand are from the same area and Crosby is happier to play with him for TC then against him.

Not sure what you are seeing there that I don't?

In the link Dan posted, I saw this:

“I know that everyone wants an update and everything, but I really can’t comment on what’s going on, but we are talking and hopefully we’ll figure something out,†Marchand said.

I will take Marchand at his word and assume talks are ongoing, rather than speculate that he's going to get poached by the Pens.

I think they are smart enough to realize how good he is and having him speak on their behalf to Vesey is another indicator that he will be a Bruin for life. Then again, I thought Subban would be a Hab for life and that was less than a year ago...

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I think they are smart enough to realize how good he is and having him speak on their behalf to Vesey is another indicator that he will be a Bruin for life. Then again, I thought Subban would be a Hab for life and that was less than a year ago...

Subban was traded. I think he would have happily stayed in Montreal, and had just signed a long term deal not that long ago.

Different situations.

I think Marchand is a key bridge guy, still young enough to play with the crop of kids drafted the last 3 years. I think he will be a Bruin for life.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Subban was traded. I think he would have happily stayed in Montreal, and had just signed a long term deal not that long ago.

Different situations.

I think Marchand is a key bridge guy, still young enough to play with the crop of kids drafted the last 3 years. I think he will be a Bruin for life.

Hope so!

Ordering my Bruins Marchand jersey for 12-24 month olds now for the start of the season. It's going to go over so well here in Vancouver, the little ball of hate!

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Brad Marchand is thinking World Cup not a new Bruins contract

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/..._thinking_world_cup_not_a_new_bruins_contract

“This is an incredible organization and one we’re all proud to be a part of. It would be great to be able to be here my whole career and you see how rare that is nowadays. It doesn’t happen often. It would be an incredible thing,†he said, “but a lot of things have to line up for that to happen, not only now but down the road. So we’ll play it year by year.â€

Marchand said he hasn’t thought about whether he would want to negotiate with the team once the season started.

“There’s still a lot of time before the season,†he said. “The World Cup right now is the main thing. It’s an extremely big stage for everyone involved. It’s an incredible opportunity and that’s my main goal right now. If that ever comes, we’ll worry abot it at that time. We’ll see.â€

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad