Value of: Bowen Byram

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
You make that sound like Seider is the one kid who has room to grow?

I think they both have room to grow, but you're saying to enjoy it while it lasts without realizing that Seider actually has the potential to grow into a 60+ point dman along with all the other stuff he brings to the table.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I think they both have room to grow, but you're saying to enjoy it while it lasts without realizing that Seider actually has the potential to grow into a 60+ point dman along with all the other stuff he brings to the table.

Seider became wildly overrated after a good rookie year. The kid has over 235 :)oops:) minutes of PP1 time this year and he has 1 f***ing goal on it. He's never going to be in the conversation of the NHL's best defensemen. I'd say he's in sophomore slump hell, but last year he only scored 2 goals in over 239 minutes of PP1 time. So maybe that's just who he is.

Byram is out scoring him this year on 49 minutes of PP2 time. Continue lying to yourself that you're not worried about that.

Reactions: Alienblood

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Seider became wildly overrated after a good rookie year. The kid has over 235 :)oops:) minutes of PP1 time this year and he has 1 f***ing goal on it. He's never going to be in the conversation of the NHL's best defensemen. I'd say he's in sophomore slump hell, but last year he only scored 2 goals in over 239 minutes of PP1 time. So maybe that's just who he is.

Byram is out scoring him this year on 49 minutes of PP2 time. Continue lying to yourself that you're not worried about that.

Seider is very well rounded, strong definitively, logs lots of minutes, plays physical, puts up great offense, and is up against the other top opposition on nightly basis. I'll take a well rounded machine over a blue-line sniper.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
how is this even a debate? Sieder>>>>>>Byram AINEC it’s like comparing Slavin to Tyson Barrie.

Sieder is a franchise player you build a team around. Byram is a solid 2 way player but he just doesn’t bring as much to the game as Sieder and he never will. Sieder, Dahlin, Fox, Makar and Hieskanen are the future of dman in the NHL.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
how is this even a debate? Sieder>>>>>>Byram AINEC it’s like comparing Slavin to Tyson Barrie.

Sieder is a franchise player you build a team around. Byram is a solid 2 way player but he just doesn’t bring as much to the game as Sieder and he never will. Sieder, Dahlin, Fox, Makar and Hieskanen are the future of dman in the NHL.

You have no clue what you’re talking about but you didn’t have to make it this obvious.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
I’m happy with Bo, and we’ll see who’s better in the coming seasons. It’s just a pissing. Watch right now

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
You have no clue what you’re talking about but you didn’t have to make it this obvious.
“Avaholic” no Byram is no where’s near elite dman like McAvoy, Sieder, Dahlin, Hedman, etc and never will if he doesn’t pull a Klefbom then he will likely be a Ryan Suter to Makars Shea Weber. ( second fiddle dman) if things go really well for him I can see him being a top 32-20 dman but no higher. Which is really good but not top 5.

• Haha
Reactions: Ararana and McJedi

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
“Avaholic” no Byram is no where’s near elite dman like McAvoy, Sieder, Dahlin, Hedman, etc and never will if he doesn’t pull a Klefbom then he will likely be a Ryan Suter to Makars Shea Weber. ( second fiddle dman) if things go really well for him I can see him being a top 32-20 dman but no higher. Which is really good but not top 5.

Lol whatever helps you sleep at night. Byram is a 1D already. Avs are just blessed.

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013
holy smokes, must be a troll but I’ll bite.
Byram isn’t elite but you’ll lump Seider in with Mcavoy, Dahlin & hedman. Great start!

Byram will never be elite if he doesn’t pull a klefbom (career high 38 points 12 goals)? His career is already better then klefbombs, so What does that mean? He won’t be elite if he retires early from injury? What an insight, your brilliance continues! But wait their is more, if he’s doesn’t retire early he’ll be Ryan suter, even though Ryan suter has never hit 10 goals in a season, and Byram just did it in 37 games. That’s a pretty nice second fiddle. Imagine if he got 1st fiddle minutes.

On topic: sign the guy long term. He probably wants a bridge but offer him security. 6x6 or 2x4 maybe

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
I seem to remember up until recently dahlin being severely lacking, their was rumblings for quite some time he was a bust Herman wasn’t gang busters out the chute either.. and well I would say Seidelr under performing up to expectations this year. At least offensively Besides Seider those were persistent narrative

Last edited:

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
The Avs would be wise to try to get Byram locked down for 8 years now. His injuries are the only thing keeping his next contract from being just as expensive as Makar's. You bridge him for 2-3 years, my guess is you're going to regret it.

And yet Byram has 4 more goals this year than Seider in 37 less games. Seider is going to be good, but jesus christ is he overrated. Only 7 goals last year, and even less so far this season. All while being stapled to PP1. NHL media went over their skies on him because he's a big boy. Byram is easily the best defenseman from his draft IMO. Health is the only question.
Actually hronek was the pp1 dman for most of this season until traded.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

Lol seider shouldn't be in the same sentence as Makar.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012

I think there are many worse sophomore slumps than a 21 year old dman getting 40+ points 🤣

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Allergic to contact is probably wrong phrasing. He is allergic to initiating contact. Maybe it's his coaches telling him not to, maybe it's him not wanting to. Either way, it's a flaw not a feature.
If it effected his play, sure, but it doesn't, he's elusive enough that it doesn't matter as much, his defensive play, especially this year is leaps and bounds better than the lame scouting report you made up in your head.

Again, this is something you would know if you watched him play, like at all.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
He'll be an future perennial Norris trophy candidate too 5 dman . He's terrific

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Actually hronek was the pp1 dman for most of this season until traded.
Because he took Seiders PP 1 spot for a while when Seider wasn’t getting it done. Hronek was out playing Seider this season.

Byram isn’t going to jump over Makar for PP1, but it’s a bit disappointing that Seider lost the PP1 job to Hronek.

The debate between Byram and Seider is a lot closer than the debate between Makar and Hronek.

Hronek is a solid top 4 player. Good middle pair guy… but you’d have liked to have thought Seider was better and would run PP1.

Most of us loved that trade for Detroit. And still do. Not sure what Vancouver is doing. But if you’re trying to prop up Seider by inadvertently pointing out Hronek was outplaying him… I think you actually made the opposite point.

Last edited:
Reactions: wetcoast

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Among many awful takes haha.
Pierce has his many hits and misses.

He’s been bashing Byram since the kid was drafted. Bashing him when he played WHL in Vancouver. Bashing him at WJC. Trying to say Dysdale was better (LOLz). Byram wasn’t the guy he wanted in 2019. His Byram takes a worthless and very tainted with bias.

Poor Alex Turcotte (Pierce’s guy). The top of the 2019 draft looks pretty excellent in hindsight.

Hughes is a star. Byram, Seider, Cozens, Zegras all look like big time players. Dach looks revived in Montreal. Kappo is now a bit underrated after not meeting lofty expectations. Caufiled and Boldy are up there in the Seider / Byram group.

Turcotte doesn’t even look like he’s going to make the NHL as anything other than a bottom six C, if he makes it at all. That’s a shame. I liked his game for team USA but that’s the only squad he’s played his best for.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad