Value of: Bowen Byram

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Pierce has his many hits and misses.

He’s been bashing Byram since the kid was drafted. Bashing him when he played WHL in Vancouver. Bashing him at WJC. Trying to say Dysdale was better (LOLz). Byram wasn’t the guy he wanted in 2019.
@Pierce Hawthorne is a bit wound up and needs to relax.

Does anyone have one of those darts they shoot at rampaging circus animals.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
@Pierce Hawthorne is a bit wound up and needs to relax.

Does anyone have one of those darts they shoot at rampaging circus animals.
He doesn’t like Quinn Hughes either. I watch a lot of Vancouver and I gotta say… Hughes is really good. He and EP are ballers.

He’s not Makar or in that conversation but Hughes is really composed. Plays a high IQ game. It’s efficient. Avs fans don’t give him enough credit. The more I watch him, the more I appreciate his game. He’s not “great” defensively, but he’s pretty good at that part of hockey with his elite skating and active stick. He doesn’t give away passing lanes or let dudes walk around him. He doesn’t give you Tyson Berrie vibes. He’s definitely more driven to perform in his own zone without the puck.

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
He’s been bashing Byram since the kid was drafted. Bashing him when he played WHL in Vancouver. Bashing him at WJC. Trying to say Dysdale was better (LOLz). Byram wasn’t the guy he wanted in 2019. His Byram takes a worthless and very tainted with bias.
Try again.
1. Byram
2. Caufield
3. Zegras
4. Dach
5. Cozens
6. Seider

That would be my Top 6 for the pick. If it's not Byram/Caufield I'll be a tad bit disappointed honestly. Those two are so clearly ahead for me.

I'll grab more receipts if you'd like to embarrass yourself further

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
holy smokes, must be a troll but I’ll bite.
Byram isn’t elite but you’ll lump Seider in with Mcavoy, Dahlin & hedman. Great start!

Byram will never be elite if he doesn’t pull a klefbom (career high 38 points 12 goals)? His career is already better then klefbombs, so What does that mean? He won’t be elite if he retires early from injury? What an insight, your brilliance continues! But wait their is more, if he’s doesn’t retire early he’ll be Ryan suter, even though Ryan suter has never hit 10 goals in a season, and Byram just did it in 37 games. That’s a pretty nice second fiddle. Imagine if he got 1st fiddle minutes.

On topic: sign the guy long term. He probably wants a bridge but offer him security. 6x6 or 2x4 maybe
End the thread here, for real. Many here who don’t watch the Avs don’t know how good, or even what kind of player, Byram is, but that’ll change eventually.

Not sure why anyone gives a rat’s ass if he’s better than Seider or not. It’s makar hughes / makar fox / etc all over again. Yawn.

6x6 would be a “take it and run” scenario for me. I think there’s no way he doesn’t dig in for a bridge deal. He knows what he could’ve been worth if he didn’t miss so much time.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Try again.

I'll grab more receipts if you'd like to embarrass yourself further
You’ve been bashing Byram since 2019. Bashing him during WJs during game threads. Jumping on everything you don’t like. His post draft season started slowly and you jumped all over that.

In the NHL, you did the same until you realized Byram was actually good.

But you don’t like the kid. That’s your prerogative.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
You’ve been bashing Byram since 2019. Bashing him during WJs during game threads. Jumping on everything you don’t like. His post draft season started slowly and you jumped all over that.

I actually agree with Pierce on almost everything, the big exception being defensemen. If he were the Avs GM we'd probably have a Girard - Barrie top pairing :sarcasm:

Outside of that, I think he's a smart dude who needs to calm down a bit with people who don't agree with him.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Because he took Seiders PP 1 spot for a while when Seider wasn’t getting it done. Hronek was out playing Seider this season.

Byram isn’t going to jump over Makar for PP1, but it’s a bit disappointing that Seider lost the PP1 job to Hronek.

The debate between Byram and Seider is a lot closer than the debate between Makar and Hronek.

Hronek is a solid top 4 player. Good middle pair guy… but you’d have liked to have thought Seider was better and would run PP1.

Most of us loved that trade for Detroit. And still do. Not sure what Vancouver is doing. But if you’re trying to prop up Seider by inadvertently pointing out Hronek was outplaying him… I think you actually made the opposite point.
I wasn't propping up either over either. I love both. I was correcting the poster I responded to statement that seider has played pp1 all season when he has actually played pp2 most of the season.

Reactions: McJedi

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
holy smokes, must be a troll but I’ll bite.
Byram isn’t elite but you’ll lump Seider in with Mcavoy, Dahlin & hedman. Great start!

Byram will never be elite if he doesn’t pull a klefbom (career high 38 points 12 goals)? His career is already better then klefbombs, so What does that mean? He won’t be elite if he retires early from injury? What an insight, your brilliance continues! But wait their is more, if he’s doesn’t retire early he’ll be Ryan suter, even though Ryan suter has never hit 10 goals in a season, and Byram just did it in 37 games. That’s a pretty nice second fiddle. Imagine if he got 1st fiddle minutes.

On topic: sign the guy long term. He probably wants a bridge but offer him security. 6x6 or 2x4 maybe
Ryan Suter was a very good dman different style then Byram and I’d take him in his prime all day over Byram. I think comparing Byram to Suter impact wise would be a high praise.

I seem to remember up until recently dahlin being severely lacking, their was rumblings for quite some time he was a bust Herman wasn’t gang busters out the chute either.. and well I would say Seidelr under performing up to expectations this year. At least offensively Besides Seider those were persistent narrative
I think anyone calling Dahlin a bust was out to lunch.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Ryan Suter was a very good dman different style then Byram and I’d take him in his prime all day over Byram. I think comparing Byram to Suter impact wise would be a high praise.

You really need to change your user name - so fake.

Last edited:
Reactions: McJedi

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I actually agree with Pierce on almost everything, the big exception being defensemen. If he were the Avs GM we'd probably have a Girard - Barrie top pairing :sarcasm:

Outside of that, I think he's a smart dude who needs to calm down a bit with people who don't agree with him.
For every Sea Eagles you have on your fanbase you need a Pierce ! :nod:

Reactions: Alienblood

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
So did Dallas when they took Miro whathisname over Cale Makar.

What's his name? He's on a pace for 70+ points this year without having the likes of MacKinnon, Rantanen, and the rest of the gang contributing to that point totals, I think Dallas will be fine. Not to mention that you're comparing apples and oranges here. Makar hit the league at 20 and was high end right away, Byram is 21 and still trying to find his place. If anything, I'd say Seider is Makar here and Byram is "whathisname".

I love moritz but Byram is not a “blue line sniper” lol he’s more than well rounded.

I know he's more well rounded than that, but the other person was mentioning goals only, so the whole sniper comment was meant to be sarcastic.

• Haha
Reactions: Ararana

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado

Out of curiosity, when would you say was Suter's prime? Ages 27-35? And you're comparing that to 21 year old Byram, as he is today, with 106 NHL games played?

Follow up question. Why do you think this is remotely meaningful when it comes to how good Byram projects to be?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

I like the kid plenty... Hence wanting the Avs to draft him in 2019.

He's just very overrated by Avs fans and this thread is a great example of it. He isn't better then Seider yet and it's ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I like the kid plenty... Hence wanting the Avs to draft him in 2019.

He's just very overrated by Avs fans and this thread is a great example of it. He isn't better then Seider yet and it's ridiculous to suggest otherwise.
Byram is definitely better than Seider in both the O zone and in transition. I like Seider more for PK, Dzone draws and minute munching. But Byram munches minutes well too. Byram is already better than makar at winning 50/50 pucks along the boards in the Dzone. Byram’s gap control is his biggest hockey shortcoming. His biggest shortcoming overall is obviously his lack of health.

Both guys profile as future number 1s. You really underrate Byram and always have. It’s why you obsessed over bashing him during world junior games heaping praise on the clearly inferior Jamie Drysdale. Girard is the guy you overrate. Sam has unfortunately regressed as a player since 2020-21. He’s just a mediocre middle pair guy now that loses too many Dzone battles.

This Byram kid, when he’s playing NHL hockey, looks exactly like what a future number 1 looks like at age 21. Byram doesn’t have 10 goals in just 36 games because he’s got a great shooting %. He scores a lot of goalies because he earns himself a ton of high danger scoring chances. He’s a big time player. The Avs are incredibly fortunate to have him. Just as Detroit can say the same about Seider and the Kings must be awfully sad about landing Turcotte in-between them.

Last edited:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Out of curiosity, when would you say was Suter's prime? Ages 27-35? And you're comparing that to 21 year old Byram, as he is today, with 106 NHL games played?

Follow up question. Why do you think this is remotely meaningful when it comes to how good Byram projects to be?
Suter turned out to be a very fine yet offensively flawed #1 top pairing Dman but at the same age Byram simply has had the much better career and the only thing stopping him has been those nasty concussions.

I watched Bryam develop as a Vancouver Giant and thought that he was the best overall prospect in the 2019 draft aside from the dynamic offense of Jack Hughes but Bryam could very well turn out to be the best player from that draft he is really that good.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
You really need to change your user name - so fake.
I’m a leafs fan I have absolutely zero hate against Colorado. You either A think Byram is a generational talent comparable to McDavid or B have no clue how good Suter was in his prime.

I was saying he is 2nd fiddle to Makar as to what Suter was to Weber in Nashville. That’s it

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
End the thread here, for real. Many here who don’t watch the Avs don’t know how good, or even what kind of player, Byram is, but that’ll change eventually.

Not sure why anyone gives a rat’s ass if he’s better than Seider or not. It’s makar hughes / makar fox / etc all over again. Yawn.

6x6 would be a “take it and run” scenario for me. I think there’s no way he doesn’t dig in for a bridge deal. He knows what he could’ve been worth if he didn’t miss so much time.
6x6 should get his agent fired.

I was thinking something more like 6x3.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I watched Bryam develop as a Vancouver Giant and thought that he was the best overall prospect in the 2019 draft aside from the dynamic offense of Jack Hughes but Bryam could very well turn out to be the best player from that draft he is really that good.

I don't think he'll catch Hughes. But he's right in the mix with some of the other guys to be the second best to come out of that draft.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Everyone just waiting for Byram to explode offensively. No doubt he's a top pairing d-man long-term.

Issue 1 I see is he won't want to be sitting out all this PP1 time with Makar ahead of him on the depth chart - especially if there's plan for a 6yr contract he must be thinking where he can fit on this line up.
Issue 2 being his head injuries. I'm not one to say he's a hit away from ending his career or anything that's a ridiculous take. That being said, it will be used in negotiations.

Most likely outcome is a bridge deal. If Byram is as good as everyone thinks he is, he will give himself more flexibility and money long term with a bridge. And for Colorado they can keep his CAP a bit lower while they navigate fitting Byram long term - or in case Byram continues to be a liability with injuries they may trade him at the end of his bridge.

3 yr 6.25M
Honestly no idea if that number is close just a guess.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I’m a leafs fan I have absolutely zero hate against Colorado. You either A think Byram is a generational talent comparable to McDavid or B have no clue how good Suter was in his prime.

I was saying he is 2nd fiddle to Makar as to what Suter was to Weber in Nashville. That’s it
I'm not surprised by these lame replies. Clearly you've bitten off more than you can chew. It's better to not reply at all if this is the best you can do.

Reactions: Newusername

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
3 yr 6.25M
Honestly no idea if that number is close just a guess.

He doesn't get anywhere near that on a bridge. Half of $6.25M maybe.

Given he hasn't even played 40% of Avs games since entering the league... I think something in the neighborhood of 2x$3.5M is where he ends up. Just under Dobsons bridge with NYI but for a year less.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
He doesn't get anywhere near that on a bridge. Half of $6.25M maybe.

Given he hasn't even played 40% of Avs games since entering the league... I think something in the neighborhood of 2x$3.5M is where he ends up. Just under Dobsons bridge with NYI but for a year less.

Reading your replies I'm not really taking anything you say about Byram seriously. Your inability to evaluate his talent and ability is just flat out wrong.

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013

haha bryam is either A: generation or B: worse then suter. But its actually option C: you have no idea what you're talking about.
You come in here and say Seider >>>>>>>>>> Byram, piling seider in with norris winners and the best defensemen in the game with no evidence but one good rookie season. Following your string of "thoughts" throughout this thread legit made me laugh, so thanks for that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad