Value of: Bowen Byram

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Byram with another goal and assist tonight. He’s on a 21 goal / 50 point pace over 82 games. Kid is going to be a star. A very gifted player.

Seider, Power and Drysdale aren’t even close to Byram offensively or in transition.
Yeah but their ability to play a full season, much less a full career, gives them MUCH more lifetime/career value.

StewieP19

Dec 13, 2022
Seider had 50 points a rookie on a terrible team lol what are you saying ?
Seider have an avreage of 3 minutes and 11 seconde in PP per game this year and 2.53 last year
Byram have 58 scondes of pp time per game and Byram are on second unit vs 1st unit for Seider.
If Seider Played in Colorado he probably got 15 pts less per season minimum due to play behind Makar
And please don't compare Seider to Makar

Reactions: McJedi

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
The Avs would be wise to try to get Byram locked down for 8 years now. His injuries are the only thing keeping his next contract from being just as expensive as Makar's. You bridge him for 2-3 years, my guess is you're going to regret it.

Byram doesn't get the offensive minutes Seider does because he'll always be behind Makar.

And yet Byram has 4 more goals this year than Seider in 37 less games. Seider is going to be good, but jesus christ is he overrated. Only 7 goals last year, and even less so far this season. All while being stapled to PP1. NHL media went over their skies on him because he's a big boy. Byram is easily the best defenseman from his draft IMO. Health is the only question.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Yeah but their ability to play a full season, much less a full career, gives them MUCH more lifetime/career value.
If Byram had another head injury this season, I’d agree. But getting injured blocking a shot is just a part of the game that bothers me much less in terms of projected longevity.

Byram is a better hockey player than Seider right now and as long as his head injury doesn’t resurface, he’s the better long term bet to be elite.

But I’d definitely insure all his future contracts. LTIR can solve the issue of salary cap circumvention in the case of injury.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Seider is already elite defensively, physically punishing and averaging 40-50 points as a 20 year old on a bottom 8 team. He also hasn’t missed a single game with injury. Bryam better slightly offensively but Seider overall the superior player.

Gents, I give you 'elite defensively':

1680036997950.png

So elite. Much wow.

FWIW, yes Byram has better numbers than this. Comparing these to Makar's numbers is just embarrassing.

Last edited:

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Seider is already elite defensively, physically punishing and averaging 40-50 points as a 20 year old on a bottom 8 team. He also hasn’t missed a single game with injury. Bryam better slightly offensively but Seider overall the superior player.
Seider is solid defensively and so-so offensively. He was better as a rookie than he’s been as a 2nd year player. He’s very durable and racks up a lot of hits.

I like him a lot as a player. He’s not as good at hockey all around as Byram. He’s definitely more available and that matters.

Seider has a ways to go before we’re calling him elite. You Detroit fans jumped the gun on calling that. He may get there. He’s not there today.

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Seider is solid defensively and so-so offensively. He was better as a rookie than he’s been as a 2nd year player. He’s very durable and racks up a lot of hits.

I like him a lot as a player. He’s not as good at hockey all around as Byram. He’s definitely more available and that matters.

Seider has a ways to go before we’re calling him elite. You Detroit fans jumped the gun on calling that. He may get there. He’s not there today.
He’s literally a top 15 defenceman considering points, PPP, shots, hits, blocks at age 21 lol he’s likely one of the leagues most valuable players considering value for contract and he is certainly better than Byram. He is not better than Makar, I’m
not sure any D man is.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
He’s literally a top 15 defenceman considering points, PPP, shots, hits, blocks at age 21 lol he’s likely one of the leagues most valuable players considering value for contract and he is certainly better than Byram. He is not better than Makar, I’m
not sure any D man is.

ESPN cursed him when they called him the 38th best player in the NHL. LMAO, jesus christ what a stretch that was.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
He’s one of those guys that’s hard to predict how he will end up. For stretches he looks great and then he gets injured.

I’d be leery of a long term deal given his injuries. He’s an ideal candidate for a bridge.

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
not sure any D man is.

Most Wings fans had him as a top 5-7 Dman at the beginning of the year, with some putting him on par with Makar:

1680101143838.png

Crazy how the bar for a top 15 dman has fallen.

Reactions: dirtydanglez

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Most Wings fans had him as a top 5-7 Dman at the beginning of the year, with some putting him on par with Makar:

View attachment 677997

Crazy how the bar for a top 15 dman has fallen.
37 points, 40 PIMs, 127 SOG, 181 Hits and 177 blocks (3rd most in the league) while playing against the NHLs elite top line competition every night ALL WHILE being paired with anchors like Danny Dekeyser and Ben Chiarot lol. Makar > Seider>> Byram and its not close.

Reactions: Rafafouille

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
37 points, 40 PIMs, 127 SOG, 181 Hits and 177 blocks (3rd most in the league) while playing against the NHLs elite top line competition every night ALL WHILE being paired with anchors like Danny Dekeyser and Ben Chiarot lol. Makar > Seider>> Byram and its not close.

Wow so many SOGs while Byram has more actual goals.

Reactions: Alienblood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad