Value of: Bowen Byram

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
If they can't bridge him or he wants too much (which wouldn't be ridiculous considering he's a) very good and b) a cup winner already), they'd need to send him East so maybe Byram for Lundell? Fills the Avs' hole at 2C and Florida get their D man of the future.

I think they'll find a way to keep him though. Anything around $6m-$7m would be good if he stays healthy.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
If I was him I'd be asking for a 6-8 year contract and trying to get 6+ per. Maybe taking a bridge would help him get a better contract later but with his head injuries he should take a guaranteed 40m now imo. He may lose out on a few extra million long term but he's liable to lose a lot more if he gets injured next year for good and all he has signed is a bridge.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
If they can't bridge him or he wants too much (which wouldn't be ridiculous considering he's a) very good and b) a cup winner already), they'd need to send him East so maybe Byram for Lundell? Fills the Avs' hole at 2C and Florida get their D man of the future.

I think they'll find a way to keep him though. Anything around $6m-$7m would be good if he stays healthy.
Some would consider this. Bryan is a much better player at this point though. I’d rather keep him unless we got a better offer.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Offersheet comments are usually controversial because they rarely happen but he seems like an interesting gamble.

He could be a good risk for a team that is on the upswing but hasn’t hit the cap ceiling. 4,200,000 for 2 years is a 2nd rounder. Bryam gets paid immediately as an insurance policy against his health and the team that trades for him can flip/drop/retain him after 2 years.

Avs might match it too so either way it’s sort of a win-win if he can’t get a long term contract.
Avs instantly match that. They love Byram and play him in all situations. Byram scored again today. His 8th goal in 34 games. That’s a 19.3 goal pace over 82 games. And when you watch him nightly like us Avs fans, you realize he gets himself more scoring chances than most defenders in the league. He’s got a nose for it.

I’d rather the Avs try something like $6mm x 7 years (insure the contract so if he’s injured, then he’s LTIR).

But like others, I think they’ll do a 3 year bridge.

Honestly, Byram appears to know how to avoid the head shots now. I’m less worried about his injury than Landy. Landys career may be more in jeopardy now and that will free up his $7mm as LTIR money the Avs can use to resign Byram long term.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alienblood

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
I love posts like these. You get a few people discussing what his next contract will look like and use a comparable like Dobson, and then someone just comes in and reposts the same opinion without any of the nuance or details. It’s hilarious.
I’m of the opinion the number won’t be in the fours

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Byram with another goal and assist tonight. He’s on a 21 goal / 50 point pace over 82 games. Kid is going to be a star. A very gifted player.

Seider, Power and Drysdale aren’t even close to Byram offensively or in transition.

Last edited:

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I love posts like these. You get a few people discussing what his next contract will look like and use a comparable like Dobson, and then someone just comes in and reposts the same opinion without any of the nuance or details. It’s hilarious.
The most important thing here is that you didn’t pass up an opportunity to be obnoxious. Good job. It takes a lot of talent. LOL. Besides, that post was several days ago. Did you just get out of jail or something?

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Thats basically just the value we had him at anyways.
Do you think Byram would try to only negotiate a long-term deal with more total compensation, given his concussion history? Something like $~6M x 4-6 year range, as others suggested?

Financially, I think a bridge deal makes more sense for player and club. But there is a non-zero chance he doesn't see a 3rd contract.

Seider had 50 points a rookie on a terrible team lol what are you saying ?
That's with the benefit of PP1 time, which is pretty much a pre-requisite to putting up big point totals as a defenseman.

Byram does not get that benefit.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
he hasn't put together a year like dobson. wont cost that much.
Perhaps not but what if he builds on last years excellent playoff performance?

Frankly I'd rather have Bryam than Dobson but I've been a huge Bryam fan for quite a while now.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Seider had 50 points a rookie on a terrible team lol what are you saying ?
And he’s not following up that rookie year with growth in year two, which hasn’t seen improvement. And Detroit isn’t that bad. He’s got some really good players to PP1 with, like Larkin, Perron, Raymond and Bertuzzi. Guys that played well last year or this year.

Sieder is a very good player. Strong 200 foot game. But he’s not Byram offensively or in transition. He’s definitely a tier or two below.

Sieder is on pace for 5.6 goals over 82 games. He’s a .485 PPG guy this year.

Byram would be on pace for 21 goals over 82 games. He’s a .6 PPG pace.

And Byram gets virtually no PP1 ice time like Sieder does. Sieder gets more OT ice time as well.

Last edited:

Taishici

Oct 19, 2017
If Bryam stays healthy, he's tracking to be one of the best defensemen in the league in my opinion. Colorado is really fortunate to have him and Makar. He seems to be pretty underrated for some reason, maybe due to the concussion stuff . I think Colorado should do whatever it takes to keep him.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Byram with another goal and assist tonight. He’s on a 21 goal / 50 point pace over 82 games. Kid is going to be a star. A very gifted player.

Seider, Power and Drysdale aren’t even close to Byram offensively or in transition.
He's only played 84 games in the past 3 seasons 😂
I'll take Seider/Power who can actually contribute for 70+ games.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
He's only played 84 games in the past 3 seasons 😂
I'll take Seider/Power who can actually contribute for 70+ games.
And that’s a fair criticism of Byram. Byram is a better player than either Seider or Power when he’s on the ice. But when he’s on the ice, Byram has 14 career goals in 84 games. Seider has just 12 in 154 with the benefit of PP1 and OT ice time Byram doesn’t get. And Byram’s production is improving from last season to this one. Seider’s is not.

Availability does matter. I wouldn’t trade either guy for Byram until Byram proves he can stay on the ice. If he does though… it’s quite obvious he’s going to outperform those two guys.

Detroit has been a bit of a disappointment this season. They’ve underachieved. Sieder isn’t immune from this critique. His game hasn’t expanded upon his rookie season.

Last edited:

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Avs instantly match that. They love Byram and play him in all situations. Byram scored again today. His 8th goal in 34 games. That’s a 19.3 goal pace over 82 games. And when you watch him nightly like us Avs fans, you realize he gets himself more scoring chances than most defenders in the league. He’s got a nose for it.

I’d rather the Avs try something like $6mm x 7 years (insure the contract so if he’s injured, then he’s LTIR).

But like others, I think they’ll do a 3 year bridge.

Honestly, Byram appears to know how to avoid the head shots now. I’m less worried about his injury than Landy. Landys career may be more in jeopardy now and that will free up his $7mm as LTIR money the Avs can use to resign Byram long term.
8x8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad