GDT: Boston Bruins Training Camp - 1/13 thru 1/18

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
Many of Peverley's points come from the time he was in Atlanta. The problem is Julien's power play, 3 years of personnel shuffling have shown that.

That didn't stop Recchi putting up 17pts or Ryder 14pppts their last year hear to Krejci 14's. Both of whom were on the second pp unit and not with DK.

cleanwaterftw

Feb 10, 2010
South Shore
Probably not :(
Has anyone seen a NESN B's broadcast schedule yet? I would hope that opening night would be on NESN as well as the NHL Netork but I haven't seen anything yet.
Barring any last minute decisions, NESN will broadcast every game except for those being covered by NBC.

It has not been officially confirmed for sure yet...but all signs point to yes that NESN is broadcasting the opening game. No other live broadcasting is currently scheduled for that day and time so it won't be a problem in that aspect.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Krejci didn't double it plus Bergeron was on the point that year but Bergeron does have double the pppt production the Krejci

Krejci 66pppts in 377 games .17ppptpg
Bergeron 132 537 games .24ppptspg

901:36 PP TOI
vs
1822:26:00 PP TOI

Anyway Krejci is there on the PP because he's the best option. Since Savard won't be walking through that door anytime soon, it won't change.

mashmont

May 27, 2011
Massachusetts
I went today, caught pretty much the whole practice..

Noticed a few things.
Hamilton's skating ability is unbelievable. Him and Seidenberg are looking really good. Obviously there is going to be growing pains, but Im really excited to see him play this year.

Seguin was looking outstanding, (no surprise). The only thing out of the ordinary i noticed was him practicing Faceoffs with Bergeron.

Lucic looked great, He is in shape so no need to worry about that, Houda was drilling him hard at one point though.

Horton, really happy to have this guy back, he was really fooling around out there and you could tell he was just having a lot of fun.

Mcquaid, also looks to be at full strength which is a good thing.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
I went today, caught pretty much the whole practice..

Noticed a few things.
Hamilton's skating ability is unbelievable. Him and Seidenberg are looking really good. Obviously there is going to be growing pains, but Im really excited to see him play this year.

Seguin was looking outstanding, (no surprise). The only thing out of the ordinary i noticed was him practicing Faceoffs with Bergeron.

Lucic looked great, He is in shape so no need to worry about that, Houda was drilling him hard at one point though.

Horton, really happy to have this guy back, he was really fooling around out there and you could tell he was just having a lot of fun.

Mcquaid, also looks to be at full strength which is a good thing.

Thanks for your thoughts :)

Why was it out of the ordinary for Seguin to practice faceoffs with Bergeron? With how often refs like to throw centers out of faceoffs, it seems needed :laugh:

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Don't know if already posted and if so i'm sorry.

Hacks:
Claude Julien indicated Tyler Seguin is going to be the "power play QB" w/Lucic, Horton, Chara & Krejci. Should mean improvement #BruinsTalk

He actually played quite often on this position in Biel. I really liked him sneak forward from the blueline and take his chance when he got the opportunity.

He also scored some goals in this position. 3:20, 4:15, 4:25 in the video for example.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv8aNtKo-Po

That's an exciting combination and an exciting set up.

I never understood the reluctance to put a forward in that spot. That's where Stamkos, Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Malkin et al play on their team's PP's.

Seguin's got a terrific one-timer and he knows how to get open over there. Even as a rookie, you'd see him over there at ES, waving his stick like a flag, calling for a pass.

mashmont

May 27, 2011
Massachusetts
Thanks for your thoughts :)

Why was it out of the ordinary for Seguin to practice faceoffs with Bergeron? With how often refs like to throw centers out of faceoffs, it seems needed :laugh:

Well not out of the ordinary, i mean its obviously needed . But how many Faceoff's have you seen Seguin Take?
That's sort of why i thought it was interesting. I hope he starts taking more.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Kirk Luedeke ‏@kluedeke29
I jumped the gun on the Ryan Spooner thing. My apologies. Still with the team- that's on me. Carry on.

theres still hope

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
Well not out of the ordinary, i mean its obviously needed . But how many Faceoff's have you seen Seguin Take?
That's sort of why i thought it was interesting. I hope he starts taking more.

Eventually Seguin will return to his natural position at center. Might as well have him learn how to take faceoffs from the best. Good initiative on the B's part.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Dougie is third wheelin tonight

tumblr_mgna5xRWYN1qibz94o1_500.png

tumblr_mgna5xRWYN1qibz94o2_500.png

KCBRUIN

Tuukka Time
Nov 11, 2010
Kansas City Mo.
Seguin getting 1st line PP time makes me warm and fuzzy. I know Julien likes equal mins for the top two lines but I'd like Seguin on the ice for 18+ this year.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Seguin getting 1st line PP time makes me warm and fuzzy. I know Julien likes equal mins for the top two lines but I'd like Seguin on the ice for 18+ this year.

He should be right around that kind of TOI as long as they aren't killing penalties all night long.

I'm thinking he puts up 20-25 goals this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad