GDT: Boston Bruins Training Camp - 1/13 thru 1/18

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
lol - with those pairings it doesn`t look like the Bruins are even pretending anyone else has a shot on D.

Yeah Johnson, Bart, Warsofsky are fighting to be the 7/8th Dmen.

I think they carry 8 D with Johnson being the #8 man
13 forwards with McDermind being that guy, Spooner on the third line

WreckItRask

Mar 5, 2007
Minnesota
Will there be any types of scrimmages vs other teams or Providence?

On a related note, I live here in Minny. The Wild are chartering their AHL affiliate from Houston on both Monday and Wednesday for two separate scrimmages. In fact, Wednesday's scrimmage is being aired live on FSN North and is open to the public. Given proximity, I'm sort of surprised they aren't going to do a partial (two 20 min periods) scrimmage on Wed Morning. Maybe Claude feels like they don't need it considering this group has largely been intact for a few years now, versus the Wild who are turning over a bunch of new guys to the lineup.

WreckItRask

Mar 5, 2007
Minnesota

Having no games in the Western Conf is going to make roster management significantly easier. The Bruins can afford to take more chances with possible injuries than they could if they were playing games in places like LA, Edm, etc. I'd be really surprised if Chris Bourque doesn't break camp on Boston's roster. He might not be the solution, but he certainly doesn't need more time in Providence right now.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Any chance Chris bourque where's 77?

Edit: Sons can use fathers retired number.

Last edited:

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Any chance Chris bourque where's 77?

Where's 77? There's 77:

ray-bourque-boston-bruins-signed-jersey-retirement-night-11x14-photo-22-t1718588-500.jpg

No chance. Even if it wasn't retired, there's enough pressure on Chris. Let him be his own person.

slegr_71

Apr 22, 2004
Greenville, NC

Bourque was wearing a grey practice jersey along with Kelly and Peverley, while the rest of the Providence forwards and Pandolfo (whom I never noticed) were wearing green. Makes me think they've got Bourque penned into that 3rd line spot already.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Why carry 8? Providence is an hour away. There is no reason to have a young player sitting in the press box in Boston when they could be playing in Providence

Maybe if you go on a road trip you call up one more player for that

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Why carry 8? Providence is an hour away. There is no reason to have a young player sitting in the press box in Boston when they could be playing in Providence

Agreed especially where Bart and Warsofsky are so young they are better off playing, and helping providence win.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston

We carried Kampfer for quite sometime, it gets them practices with the big club, gets them familiarity with the other top 6 defencemen, more chemistry right away, they get to watch from the press box with Sweeney and be shown the tendencies of his potential partner so he can anticipate what is going to happen, say Boychuck likes to make a contested d-d pass its the little things that add up.

Johnson is no young, but there is really no need for him in providence plus it make 4 d pairs for morning skate and practice.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Couldn't tell too much from drills, but I thought Chris Bourque looked fairly impressive. Looked like he fit with Kelly and Pevs.

They are likely the best linemates Bourque has played with and could help him break out and stick in Boston.

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012
They are likely the best linemates Bourque has played with and could help him break out and stick in Boston.

I would be very happy to see Bourque stick with us, not only because of his roots, but because it's about time he steps his game up and transitions to the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad