GDT: Boston Bruins Training Camp - 1/13 thru 1/18

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nightslyr

Mar 26, 2002
NH
Quick question:

Did any of the goalies play overseas during the lockout? I know many of the positional players did, but I'm a bit concerned about a lack of conditioning/seeing live rubber with the backstops.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Rask played and dominated in the Czech Extraliga. Khudobin played in the KHL. I'm far more worried about 3 of our 4 top wingers who haven't played in nearly a year.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Not that it's a big deal, but do people assume Hamilton is going to change numbers at some point? He's always been 27 right? Looch started off as 62 and I can't quite remember when he made the move to 17 whether it was in the midst of his rookie year or starting year 2.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Chris Bourque getting time on the 2nd PP unit.

I doubt that will stick. Might get occasional time but the forwards that are going to get the majority of PP time are Segs, Krejci, Lucic, Horton, Berg, March, Pevs and Campbell as a potential net front presence.

I'm a little surprised with Boychuk's cannon that he isn't getting a look to start off.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Not that it's a big deal, but do people assume Hamilton is going to change numbers at some point? He's always been 27 right? Looch started off as 62 and I can't quite remember when he made the move to 17 whether it was in the midst of his rookie year or starting year 2.

I think Lucic started out as 62 because he was drafted in 06 in the 2nd round, same reason Marchand wears 63.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Itnrasquad already sold out an hour after tickets go on sale, I wish I got up an hour earlier:(

I bet Nesn won't even put it on tv either, Minnisotta wild get thier preseason games, yet in Boston one of the top hockey cities don't get anything more than a 2 minute video showing half of one 2-0 drill it really pisses me off that baseball gets 24/7 coverage on the same network, they get 3-4 half hour shows everyday, offseason shows, bruins get one half hour show a week I hate Nesn they don't care about the bruins at all I really wish their rights will expire and some other network picks up the Bruins or CSNNE swaps the celtics out,

Last edited:

ed bruin

Feb 14, 2010
Newton
Itnrasquad already sold out an hour after tickets go on sale, I wish I got up an hour earlier:(

I bet Nesn won't even put it on tv either, Minnisotta wild get thier preseason games, yet in Boston one of the top hockey cities don't get anything more than a 2 minute video showing half of one 2-0 drill it really pisses me off that baseball gets 24/7 coverage on the same network, they get 3-4 half hour shows everyday, offseason shows, bruins get one half hour show a week I hate Nesn they don't care about the bruins at all I really wish their rights will expire and some other network picks up the Bruins or CSNNE swaps the celtics out,

nice i was going to take the T down and assume they would have had tickets still right before the scrimmage thanks!

Afam*

I figure having a thread dedicating to this season's training camp would be ideal :handclap:

Drop articles, pictures, news videos and tweets and whatnot in here :)
Schedule: http://bruins.nhl.com/club/m_news.htm?id=650067

Sunday, January 13, (Boston, MA)
-Practice, TD Garden 1:00pm
open to public

Monday, January 14, (Wilmington, MA)
-Practice, Ristuccia Memorial Arena, 10:00am
open to public

Tuesday, January 15, (Boston, MA)
-Practice, TD Garden, 10:00am
closed to public

-Black & Gold Intersquad Scrimmage, TD Garden, 7:00pm
open to public

Wednesday, January 16, (Wilmington, MA)
open to public

Thursday, January 17, (Wilmington, MA)
open to public

Friday, January 18, (Wilmington, MA)
-Practice, Ristuccia, Memorial Arena, 10:00am
open to public

--

Here is a tweeted picture from Seguin; Apparently they are signing a **** load of sticks for the fans this morning before practice:

BAfmIEvCcAAJpvf.jpg:large

And Dougie Hamilton just landed at Logan:

370bd8685d8611e2be0d22000a9f14df_7.jpg

I see that Dougie Malfoy is in the building. lol.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

Holy cow, it sold out? :amazed:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Holy cow, it sold out? :amazed:

Boston Bruins
@NHLBruins
All 17,565 complimentary tickets to Tuesday's Black & Gold scrimmage have been distributed, will be a full house @tdgarden tomorrow night^BB

12:40pm · 14 Jan 13 · Twitter for iPhone

Belenos

Dec 31, 2010
Biel, Switzerland
Don't know if already posted and if so i'm sorry.

Hacks:
Claude Julien indicated Tyler Seguin is going to be the "power play QB" w/Lucic, Horton, Chara & Krejci. Should mean improvement #BruinsTalk

He actually played quite often on this position in Biel. I really liked him sneak forward from the blueline and take his chance when he got the opportunity.

He also scored some goals in this position. 3:20, 4:15, 4:25 in the video for example.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv8aNtKo-Po

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC

Hacks:

He actually played quite often on this position in Biel. I really liked him sneak forward from the blueline and take his chance when he got the opportunity.

He also scored some goals in this position. 3:20, 4:15, 4:25 in the video for example.

So second unit of:
Marchand/Bergeron/Peverly

Seidenberg/Boychuk/Hamilton

???

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009

Hacks:

Wow, I always disliked Bergy/Peverley back there, not so sure what I think about Seguin doing it. I like that he'll be a feature on the #1 unit though.

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire
Seguin is QBing the 1st PP with Lucic, Horton, Chara and Boychuk (I think it was Boychuk)..

2nd PP unit is Marchand-Bergeron-Bourque with Seids and Dougie on the point.

Interesting to see Dougie and Bourque getting a shot a the special teams.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Ha ha. Anyways what are your expectations for Dougie and for the Bruins.

Malfoy. That's so perfect.

My expectations are the same for all Bruin defensemen. I assume they will get eaten alive by the fanbase that has been spoiled by Orr, Park, Bourque and Chara.

The fans in Boston are way harder on defensemen than anywhere else.

Grzkid

Overpaid 7th D
Mar 5, 2010
The Burgh via Tampa & Vt.

Probably not :(
Has anyone seen a NESN B's broadcast schedule yet? I would hope that opening night would be on NESN as well as the NHL Netork but I haven't seen anything yet.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Wow, I always disliked Bergy/Peverley back there, not so sure what I think about Seguin doing it. I like that he'll be a feature on the #1 unit though.

It's rarely a good idea to have a forward back there. Especially on the awful Garden ice where pucks tend to hop over sticks. Seguin should be playing the Marc Savard spot.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT

It's an umbrella formation, so technically Chara is the "only one back there". Not sure if that makes you feel more comfortable or less comfortable. I think it'll be alright.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad