GDT: Boston Bruins Training Camp - 1/13 thru 1/18

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kaoz*

Seguin is QBing the 1st PP with Lucic, Horton, Chara and Boychuk (I think it was Boychuk)..

2nd PP unit is Marchand-Bergeron-Bourque with Seids and Dougie on the point.

Interesting to see Dougie and Bourque getting a shot a the special teams.

No Krejci? Wonder what unit he eventually slots into.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Ridiculous. Preseason games in past year or two barely fill half the place. My bet is MAYBE 4000 actually show.

Yeah that is what sucks. I couldn't get a ticket.

And yet I know the place will end up being between 1/3 and 1/2 empty tomorrow

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Don't know if already posted and if so i'm sorry.

Hacks:

He actually played quite often on this position in Biel. I really liked him sneak forward from the blueline and take his chance when he got the opportunity.

He also scored some goals in this position. 3:20, 4:15, 4:25 in the video for example.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv8aNtKo-Po

Spooner will blow Seguin out of the watah when he is ready to be the PP QB....born to man the half wall (offspring of Samsinov and Savard)

Beezy

Oct 26, 2003
Belmont MA
Visit site
They weren't free.

I don't think it matters. I'm a hardcore fan but there are only so many in the immediate area who can make a real effort to see a practice midweek no matter the cost. Idk, maybe the place will be reasonably full. I look forward to hearing from those who go. I will just go watch them at Ristuccia instead.

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
I don't see the point at having Krejci run or even on the pp. He's terrible at it. He's got 23 pppts int he last 2 years. 154 games and 23 pppts. Peaverley had 23 pppts and only played 139 games.They'd be better off having Seguin run it with Horton,Lucic,Hamilton and Chara

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I don't think Krecji's bad on the PP, but I think that the B's PP gameplan doesn't really play to his strengths. The B's like to keep the puck up high and work usually no lower than the dots but Krecji does his best work down low.

Honestly they should just study tape of Tampa's PP and have Seguin do exactly what Stamkos does.

Beezy

Oct 26, 2003
Belmont MA
Visit site
I think he means that the preseason games weren't free so that's why they were empty. They charge full price for those games. That ridiculous too!

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
I don't think Krecji's bad on the PP, but I think that the B's PP gameplan doesn't really play to his strengths. The B's like to keep the puck up high and work usually no lower than the dots but Krecji does his best work down low.

Honestly they should just study tape of Tampa's PP and have Seguin do exactly what Stamkos does.

Krejci's never been good on the pp though.
07-08 10
08-09 19
09-10 14
10-11 12
11-12 11

in 09-10 Savard only played 41 games and still had 3 more ppts then DK who played 79

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
I don't see the point at having Krejci run or even on the pp. He's terrible at it. He's got 23 pppts int he last 2 years. 154 games and 23 pppts. Peaverley had 23 pppts and only played 139 games.They'd be better off having Seguin run it with Horton,Lucic,Hamilton and Chara

Many of Peverley's points come from the time he was in Atlanta. The problem is Julien's power play, 3 years of personnel shuffling have shown that.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Many of Peverley's points come from the time he was in Atlanta. The problem is Julien's power play, 3 years of personnel shuffling have shown that.

You're right, it doesn't matter who they put out there it won't change until they change the approach.

But until then, put it back to the point and shoot it into traffic. :laugh:

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Krejci's never been good on the pp though.
07-08 10
08-09 19
09-10 14
10-11 12
11-12 11

in 09-10 Savard only played 41 games and still had 3 more ppts then DK who played 79

Savard was a wizard on the PP, no one denies that.That didn't stop Krejci from doubling Bergeron's production with less PP TOI in 09-10.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
You're right, it doesn't matter who they put out there it won't change until they change the approach.

But until then, put it back to the point and shoot it into traffic. :laugh:

If only there was real traffic, but no one wants to stand in front of Chara's shot, and every goalie in the league know he will shoot high.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I don't think the PP is suited to showcase Krejci's strengths. Krecji IMO is a 5 on 5 guy who magically mesmerizes his opponents and sneaks one by them (either into the net or to a team mate).

I think Krejci will end up on the PP after camp the preseason scrimmage, and I am also not all that convinced Hamilton will stay on the second unit, but for now I can see why they are slotting other people into the PP during camp-and seems like this is a great time to see what Dougie can do.

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire
This thread needs moar video and first hand accounts of how the guys (especially Hamilton and Bourque) are looking.

That's what I keep looking for... seems the quality of posts and onhand coverage has diminished since the lockout.

No video.. no scouting. GET ON IT GUYS!

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
Savard was a wizard on the PP, no one denies that.That didn't stop Krejci from doubling Bergeron's production with less PP TOI in 09-10.

Krejci didn't double it plus Bergeron was on the point that year but Bergeron does have double the pppt production the Krejci

Krejci 66pppts in 377 games .17ppptpg
Bergeron 132 537 games .24ppptspg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad