Proposal: Bos-Wpg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
So, Trouba in exchange for a bunch of stuff the Jets don't need and a deferred draft pick?

Hopefully these two parties can make this deal happen. [/sarcasm]

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
To Boston- Trouba
To Winnipeg- Spooner +Zorbil+2018 1st

Flame away

Decent offer value wise, but I doubt it would get the job done.

Spooner isn't really needed and rfa at the end of the year. Likely would need to switch out Spooner with someone more fitting of our needs.

1st Rd pick would need to be 2017 assuming you have it.

Zorbil is a interesting piece.

Good try though.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
One of those threads when you just knew what will await by looking at the title.

A huge no to everything Boston has to offer.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
counter proposal jets start pavelec in net for our 2 games against you if no more trouba trade proposals for a month.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
To Boston- Trouba

Flame away

Spooner we have no interest in & you're not close to Trouba for the rest.

Might consider Myers for that package (or even Zorbil & 2017 1st), but even that only works because of the impending expansion draft (where it would be great to get down to three D in need of protection)

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015

Might consider Myers for that package (or even Zorbil & 2017 1st), but even that only works because of the impending expansion draft (where it would be great to get down to three D in need of protection)

myers bummed knees aren't getting Zboril and a 1st.... unless his contract has some retention on it.

i tend to agree with others here that the "value" may be there but it's not the value the Jets currently "need" which is overall more important. this is one of those situations where two teams won't meet on an agreement. i could be wrong....

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Chevy is that you?

Although I agree the Jets have no need for Spooner. You have your own Spooner in the form of Perreault.

So unless the Jets are willing to take a package for Trouba comprised entirely of futures (picks and prospects), there is no deal to be made between Boston and Winnipeg.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
myers bummed knees aren't getting Zboril and a 1st.... unless his contract has some retention on it.

i tend to agree with others here that the "value" may be there but it's not the value the Jets currently "need" which is overall more important. this is one of those situations where two teams won't meet on an agreement. i could be wrong....

Jets nation doesn't want to trade Trouba, we all want him signed long term b/c we all know whatever we traded Trouba for wouldn't be enough to replace his contributions to the team. Any trade sending Trouba to another team highly likely means the Jets are a worse team almost assuredly in the short term and even good chance in long term. Trouba is that good and important to the Jets future, he's exactly what we need.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Chevy is that you?

Although I agree the Jets have no need for Spooner. You have your own Spooner in the form of Perreault.

So unless the Jets are willing to take a package for Trouba comprised entirely of futures (picks and prospects), there is no deal to be made between Boston and Winnipeg.

Jets aren't in full rebuild mode, all futures would set them back several years at best. All futures likely wouldn't get the job done from Chevy's POV. Too high risk and too long term time line.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
Sorry the initial offer was supposed to read:

To Bos: Trouba
to Wpg: Spooner+ Zorbil +2017 1st

I don't think the Jets are in a win now mode so that's why I offered up the Spooner+ Zorbil +1st package. Who knows, maybe Trouba signs and all this gets put to bed

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Sorry the initial offer was supposed to read:

To Bos: Trouba
to Wpg: Spooner+ Zorbil +2017 1st

I don't think the Jets are in a win now mode so that's why I offered up the Spooner+ Zorbil +1st package. Who knows, maybe Trouba signs and all this gets put to bed

This article accurately details how you should view the Jets now:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/jets-window-opportunity-opening-sooner-later/

Futures are of little interest to a team that has a stacked pipeline as it is.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Boston has nothing worth Trouba. There's absolutely nothing there worth discussing.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
If Trouba hasn't signed by the start if the season, there will be a lot to discuss with Boston, Tampa, Detroit, NYR, Arizona and a few others.

Agreed, there would be "significant" demand for around the NHL. But likely only a handful who have what we would want.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
To Boston- Trouba

Flame away

Based on Jets needs:

To Boston - Trouba RHD

To Winnipeg - McAvoy RHD+ Morrow LHD + 2018 1st

I think Boston still needs to add. And I doubt Winnipeg considers this unless Trouba's contract negotiations fall apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad