Proposal: Bos-Wpg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
The poster suggested the Jets needed to add to their offense and 1. I provided an example of how that will occur.

Your comment represents a poor attempt to paraphrase how I truly feel. Am pinning hopes for an improved performance this season upon that the Jets are building significant organizational depth now. They will have a massive increase in competition for spots at forward this season, and have their goalie of the future poised to take over. In the past they had no depth and needed to fill spots via the waiver wire; now they are filling spots with players like the leading scorer in the NCAA last season, or with the #2 overall pick (an absolute sniper - he is money). Their special teams will likely be improved this year due personnel adds at both the coaching level and on the ice.

They are increasing both their talent-level and are increasing inner-competition for jobs as well.

Hope that helps.

Edited to add:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/jets-window-opportunity-opening-sooner-later/

^ That article might help as well. It says all you need to know.

2. Enjoy your own pending rebuild and future roster tear-down.

1. You didn't provide an example. By failing to mention or even infer that it was only an example, you provided Laine as THE answer to that poster.
It goes like this: A) 21st (actually it was 22nd) best offense = problem B) You answer with now (=2016-17) we have Laine + see his highlights in inferior leagues/tournaments = problem will be solved C) I said that's not gonna happen.

2. We are already retooling. We will see what will happen, but so far not so bad. And even in the worst case scenario, we're here sitting with a big smile plastered on our collective faces, courtesy of a Cup, a final, a President's Trophy, a run of 7 straight playoffs in recent years. Call back when the same happens for you.

Precisely. Boston essentially have nothing of interest to Winnipeg. Even Bergeron while a superb C, is also getting on in years.

Jets future>>>> Bruins.

We will see. Given my team and your team track record, I am rather confident.

Aside from McAvoy there isn't much comparatively in your futures, frankly.

I also didn't refer to Laine as being Ovechkin FYI, I called him a pure sniper.

My favorite memory from the 2015 draft was at the end of the broadcast when one of the analysts at either TSN or Sportsnet referred to the Bruins as the laughingstock of the first round. Good times. Thanks for the free Kyle Connor BTW.

Maybe I got it wrong: are you a fan of the Blackhawks? You see they earned the right to talk smack...

Your post is spot on if you remove the fact that you're complete incorrect.

All our hopes and dreams don't lay on Laine's shoulders. He's just part of the solution.

Someone (too lazy to see who said it) said that we need to bolster our offense. Seems like they were in a little snarky in suggesting that we can only do that through a trade. Now, as a proper counter argument, we've said that we have already bolstered our offense. But how? you ask. Well that's a dumb question but I'll answer it anyway.

1) Added Laine (#2 pick who already posesses a strong, NHL-Ready, frame and some wicked offensive potential)

2) Added Kyle Connor. You may remember him from the Brazzers video where he did unspeakable things to his NCAA competition.

3) Ehlers & Scheifele - Both possess great offensive potential and are a year older & a year better. Look out for the Wheeler - Scheif - Ehlers line next year.

4) Steroids! - Handed out like candy. We're cheating and we don't care who knows. We will just say Steve Simmonds made it up.

5) HOPEFULLY MORRISSEY PANS OUT CAUSE JESUS CHRIST DO WE NEED TO GET RID OF MARK F'ING STUART. JESUS CHRIST HOW IS THAT GUY..*cough* uhhh improved defense.

So we've added 2 blue chip prospects and have a very young team that's going to be a year more experienced. I would say that's improvement enough.

I commented on a poster indicating Laine and exclusively Laine as solution to your woes. My answer still stands: if someone expects 18 year old Laine to solve by himself a 22nd overall offense, it ain't gonna happen.

And about the youth & 2 blue chip prospects = guaranteed "improvement", look at Edmonton and what good it did for them. For SIX years.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
1. You didn't provide an example. By failing to mention or even infer that it was only an example, you provided Laine as THE answer to that poster.
It goes like this: A) 21st (actually it was 22nd) best offense = problem B) You answer with now (=2016-17) we have Laine + see his highlights in inferior leagues/tournaments = problem will be solved C) I said that's not gonna happen.

You seem to be reading quite a bit into throwaway comments on a message-board about hockey. As stated, a poster suggested the Jets needed to improve their offense and I provided an example of how they will. If you require more in-depth responses to what initially was a single line of text, then perhaps The New Yorker magazine might be more up your alley.

We are already retooling. We will see what will happen, but so far not so bad. And even in the worst case scenario, we're here sitting with a big smile plastered on our collective faces, courtesy of a Cup, a final, a President's Trophy, a run of 7 straight playoffs in recent years. Call back when the same happens for you.

We will see. Given my team and your team track record, I am rather confident.

An alternate view is that the Bruins time has clearly come and gone, the team is largely reliant upon aging stars, their futures are middling at best, the team is already headed south in the standings, and it upsets you that others are excited about the futures of the teams they follow?

Cheers.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
I commented on a poster indicating Laine and exclusively Laine as solution to your woes. My answer still stands: if someone expects 18 year old Laine to solve by himself a 22nd overall offense, it ain't gonna happen.

And about the youth & 2 blue chip prospects = guaranteed "improvement", look at Edmonton and what good it did for them. For SIX years.

Fair enough. Fact is we have a bunch of talent coming in so we have zero need to look for additional offensive firepower.

I never said that the 2 blue chip prospects = a guaranteed improvement but it's the right step. Heck, we brought a youth movement in this past season and it resulted in us taking a step back so it wouldn't surprise me really. That being said, I think it is a step in the right direction. Also, the Oilers are a pretty big exception and their lack of success stems from multiple issues that we don't have. If you want to point to the Oilers then I can point to the Blackhawks, Kings, and Pens as examples of teams that have done very well for themselves through the draft.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace

You are arguing semantics. I have since clarified to you that my stance is that the Jets are gaining burgeoning depth and competition within their lineup. It isn't simply that they are adding Laine and Connor, it is that they are adding them to a lineup that already includes Scheifele, Ehlers, Wheeler, Little, Trouba, Perreault, Byfuglien, Hellebuyck, etc., and soon enough Morrissey, Lemieux, Roslovic, Comrie, etc.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
You seem to be reading quite a bit into throwaway comments on a message-board about hockey. As stated, a poster suggested the Jets needed to improve their offense and I provided an example of how they will. If you require more in-depth responses to what initially was a single line of text, then perhaps The New Yorker magazine might be more up your alley.

An alternate view is that the Bruins time has clearly come and gone, the team is largely reliant upon aging stars, their futures are middling at best, the team is already headed south in the standings, and it upsets you that others are excited about the futures of the teams they follow?

Cheers.

The Bruins will be just fine and better of than most over the next decade, despite the desperate and hopeful pessimism from jealous fans of other teams.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
1. You seem to be reading quite a bit into throwaway comments on a message-board about hockey. As stated, a poster suggested the Jets needed to improve their offense and I provided an example of how they will. If you require more in-depth responses to what initially was a single line of text, then perhaps The New Yorker magazine might be more up your alley.

2. An alternate view is that the Bruins time has clearly come and gone, the team is largely reliant upon aging stars, their futures are middling at best, the team is already headed south in the standings, and it upsets you that others are excited about the futures of the teams they follow?

Cheers.

1. If you had said it was an example and mentioned other improvements, I would have agreed. You didn't. I can't read your mind. As your original comment stands (= on its own. Without the next comments), my comment to it, is pertinent and correct, in my opinion.

2. We have been around since 1924. We had ups and downs. Our absolute down moments are that we never missed the playoffs for more than 2 seasons in a row in the past 50 (FIFTY) years. I think they (= the management) know a thing or two on how to stay relevant on a rather costant basis. No offense, but I will take their expertise over yours...
And as far heading south, let's just remind you that our last two seasons where we had 96 and 93 points are more points than we had in 2009-10 (91 points), a year in which we made the playoffs and the year before we won a Cup. Oh and while we are talking playoffs, this year a team made it in with 87. So if our "south" is 96/93 points while retooling at the same time, we are not that badly off.

Last edited:

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
You are arguing semantics. I have since clarified to you that my stance is that the Jets are gaining burgeoning depth and competition within their lineup. It isn't simply that they are adding Laine and Connor, it is that they are adding them to a lineup that already includes Scheifele, Ehlers, Wheeler, Little, Trouba, Perreault, Byfuglien, Hellebuyck, etc., and soon enough Morrissey, Lemieux, Roslovic, Comrie, etc.

How can I make you understand at last that what I wrote was not about your clarified-expanded-revised stance? I won't repeat this anymore.

Last edited:

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Fair enough. Fact is we have a bunch of talent coming in so we have zero need to look for additional offensive firepower.

I never said that the 2 blue chip prospects = a guaranteed improvement but it's the right step. Heck, we brought a youth movement in this past season and it resulted in us taking a step back so it wouldn't surprise me really. That being said, I think it is a step in the right direction. Also, the Oilers are a pretty big exception and their lack of success stems from multiple issues that we don't have. If you want to point to the Oilers then I can point to the Blackhawks, Kings, and Pens as examples of teams that have done very well for themselves through the draft.

Yeah, you have potential for sure. It will be interesting to see what happens with the Jets.

We are injecting a lot of youth through drafting, but we generally rank too high in the standings to be lucky enough to draft so high. But if we let go of a Lucic, Hamilton, Iginla, Seguin, etc etc (now Eriksson too) in the past 3 years and we still manage to be right there at the playoffs doors, it's a good base where to start. The way to the top is shorter (or should be) if one starts from mid way, rather than at the bottom.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
How can I make you understand at last that what I wrote was not about your clarified-expanded-revised stance? I won't repeat this anymore.

I stopped paying attention to anything you were saying once you began arguing semantics, FYI, just so that conversely is clear to you.

Find another pen pal.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
Not jealous here; conversely am excited about the potential of the team I follow, and even when it is viewed against the prospects of Boston's aging roster.

;)

with the exception of Chara being 8 years older than Byfuglien the age of their players is almost exactly the same. I guess Winnipeg's roster is aging as well.:laugh:

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
with the exception of Chara being 8 years older than Byfuglien the age of their players is almost exactly the same. I guess Winnipeg's roster is aging as well.

Nope. Here is a list of the average age by-roster at the beginning of last season:
http://mirtle.blogspot.ca/2015/10/2015-16-nhl-teams-by-height-weight-and.html

The Jets have since added a ton of young guys (& dropped Ladd), in-season last year and also to begin the coming season. The Jets had the third-youngest roster to start the year, and then got even younger. They will skew even younger once again this year.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
too much for a top 4 D (he could be top 2 but isnt yet). Spooner, And a potential top 10-15 pick is way too much for trouba. And then u go on to include a first round pick whom the bruins are really high on?? Oh my, this is crazy. I dont see any way the Bruins do this, no matter what Hf posters say.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
too much for a top 4 D (he could be top 2 but isnt yet). Spooner, And a potential top 10-15 pick is way too much for trouba. And then u go on to include a first round pick whom the bruins are really high on?? Oh my, this is crazy. I dont see any way the Bruins do this, no matter what Hf posters say.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

OConnellsProtege

Nov 23, 2011
To Boston- Trouba
To Winnipeg- Spooner +Zorbil+2018 1st

Flame away

As a Bruins fan, I shuttle everyone to and from their airports myself and I live nowhere near either of those cities. Would I offer more? Nothing the 'Peg would be interested in.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Nope. Here is a list of the average age by-roster at the beginning of last season:

The Jets have since added a ton of young guys (& dropped Ladd), in-season last year and also to begin the coming season. The Jets had the third-youngest roster to start the year, and then got even younger. They will skew even younger once again this year.

what u trying to prove?? The jets were a terrible team for the last 10 years or so (including thrashers). You would expect them to have higher first round picks and a higher emphasis on the future relative to a team like the bruins who just recently started struggling but no where close to being so bad like posters here think they are. They have yet to draft in the top 10 since what, kessel?? Seguin was a leaf pick originally.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Winnipeg will keep Trouba.

Boston can look elsewhere, since they don't have the piece Winnipeg needs.

reading what ur fans are posting, it seems like no team has the pieces what the jets need... Rask is not an upgrade over their two back ups (on most teams they are)? Can the jets really expect to contend with laine, connor, ehlers on the LW?? They barely have any experience. Who will play both ways of the ice? Who plays PK?
Jets dont have a good pk team nor a good defensive team.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site

All that and they are only a little bit younger than the Bruins. It makes me think if they take out Chara's 8 years on Byfuglien they are almost identical in terms of age.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
reading what ur fans are posting, it seems like no team has the pieces what the jets need... Rask is not an upgrade over their two back ups (on most teams they are)? Can the jets really expect to contend with laine, connor, ehlers on the LW?? They barely have any experience. Who will play both ways of the ice? Who plays PK?
Jets dont have a good pk team nor a good defensive team.

Many teams have. Few teams can give them up. Boston doesn't belong to either group.

If you want Trouba, give us a 22 year old top pairing LHD back. Nothing else will suffice. Our offense is set for now. We have an enormous prospect pool. Adding a goalie isn't an option, thanks to the expansion draft. There's just simply nothing we can get from other teams that we need more than Trouba. We aren't in a rush to contend this year, but the aim should be to push for playoffs. Trouba plays a f***ing big part in that plan. None of your prospects can replace him now, and you are lucky as hell if any one of them comes close to Trouba in the future.

If taking "no" as an answer is so hard, maybe you should stick to your own boards.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
im no bruins fan, just sad to see ppl thinking so low on everything the bruins have. They scored alot more goals then the jets and spooner had a nice say in that. I would rather have the bruins roster than the jets roster for the following year thats for sure.
And pinning ur hopes on 1 player is nothing but disastrous, he can pretty much implode if u pressure him too much. As good as laine is, he hasnt played one game in the NHL and everyone already knows who he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad