Proposal: Bos-Wpg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Spooner we have no interest in & you're not close to Trouba for the rest.

Might consider Myers for that package (or even Zorbil & 2017 1st), but even that only works because of the impending expansion draft (where it would be great to get down to three D in need of protection)

you think myers is worth spooner,zorbil and a 1st?
worse than the OP by a lot

paul-laus

Jun 20, 2007
Not going to end well, Winnipeg doesn't need Spooner. They need top end LHD that has similar qualities to Trouba. That's pretty much the asking price here.

Spooner isn't the piece the Jets need but don't fool yourself into believing for a second that the Jets shouldn't focus on getting better up front as well. 21st ranked offence isn't getting the jets anywhere close to a playoff spot in the West..

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Spooner isn't the piece the Jets need but don't fool yourself into believing for a second that the Jets shouldn't focus on getting better up front as well. 21st ranked offence isn't getting the jets anywhere close to a playoff spot in the West..

We're adding Laine + Connor and our younger players will be a year older. The last thing we need is offensive firepower.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
21st ranked offence isn't getting the jets anywhere close to a playoff spot in the West.

LOL. Welcome to 16/17.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=221667
(scroll down to career highlights)

8479339.jpg

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
there is something ironic about having 1 of the games best young rd and then letting him go for nothing. then going to boston's boards and the trade board and having bruin fans making trade proposals for trouba non stop. or offer sheet proposals. not that the jets would trade trouba but Hamilton for trouba last year would have been a fair proposal.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Based on Jets needs:

To Boston - Trouba RHD

To Winnipeg - McAvoy RHD+ Morrow LHD + 2018 1st

I think Boston still needs to add. And I doubt Winnipeg considers this unless Trouba's contract negotiations fall apart.

Why 2018 1st? That makes no sense from the Jet's perspective

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Significant level of absurdity in this post.

Not really.

The Jets don't need futures given their stacked pipeline, so that rules out picks and prospects. They don't need forwards and have too many goalies. If they were to trade Trouba then they would be short one Trouba... and they'd need his clone in the return - a sizable 22 y/o, physical D, one with plenty of upside left, one with equivalent skill and NHL experience, with an equivalent pedigree. Am pretty sure Boston lacks that.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
LOL. Welcome to 16/17.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=221667
(scroll down to career highlights)

Pinning the hopes of an entire team going from 22nd overall for offense in 15-16 to being among the best on ONE 18 year old rookie, is much beyond regular fail level, tbh. Compounded also by showing Finnish liga highlights and IIHF WC highlights, like that was even remotely close to the NHL level. :facepalm:

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Pinning the hopes of an entire team going from 22nd overall for offense in 15-16 to being among the best on ONE 18 year old rookie, is much beyond regular fail level, tbh. Compounded also by showing Finnish liga highlights and IIHF WC highlights, like that was even remotely close to the NHL level.

The poster suggested the Jets needed to add to their offense and I provided an example of how that will occur.

Your comment represents a poor attempt to paraphrase how I truly feel. Am pinning hopes for an improved performance this season upon that the Jets are building significant organizational depth now. They will have a massive increase in competition for spots at forward this season, and have their goalie of the future poised to take over. In the past they had no depth and needed to fill spots via the waiver wire; now they are filling spots with players like the leading scorer in the NCAA last season, or with the #2 overall pick (an absolute sniper - he is money). Their special teams will likely be improved this year due personnel adds at both the coaching level and on the ice.

They are increasing both their talent-level and are increasing inner-competition for jobs as well.

Hope that helps.

Edited to add:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/jets-window-opportunity-opening-sooner-later/

^ That article might help as well. It says all you need to know.

Enjoy your own pending rebuild and future roster tear-down.

Last edited:

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Significant level of absurdity in this post.

Nothing realistic. You might have Bergeron, but most people understand that those kind of players are not moving, so there's no point in mentioning them.

You don't have a defenseman which would entice us to trade Trouba, so you're out.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Nothing realistic. You might have Bergeron, but most people understand that those kind of players are not moving, so there's no point in mentioning them.

You don't have a defenseman which would entice us to trade Trouba, so you're out.

Precisely. Boston essentially have nothing of interest to Winnipeg. Even Bergeron while a superb C, is also getting on in years.

Jets future>>>> Bruins.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
Lot of arrogance from Winnipeg fans in this thread thus far.......
Going as far to say the Bruins have nothing the Jets would want.

Bergy
Marchand
Pasta
Krejci
Krug
Rask

McAvoy
Zboril
Debrusk
Heinen
Carlo

Maybe get off the soapbox and remind yourself that the Bruins had 5 first round picks in the last two years. Our prospect pool is full. Oh and PS let's not start claiming Laine is the next Ovi before he actually plays a game in the NHL. You still finished 21st overall in scoring last year.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace

Bergy
Marchand
Pasta
Krejci
Krug
Rask

McAvoy
Zboril
Debrusk
Heinen
Carlo

Maybe get off the soapbox and remind yourself that the Bruins had 5 first round picks in the last two years. Our prospect pool is full. Oh and PS let's not start claiming Laine is the next Ovi before he actually plays a game in the NHL. You still finished 21st overall in scoring last year.

Aside from McAvoy there isn't much comparatively in your futures, frankly.

I also didn't refer to Laine as being Ovechkin FYI, I called him a pure sniper.

My favorite memory from the 2015 draft was at the end of the broadcast when one of the analysts at either TSN or Sportsnet referred to the Bruins as the laughingstock of the first round. Good times. Thanks for the free Kyle Connor BTW.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Pinning the hopes of an entire team going from 22nd overall for offense in 15-16 to being among the best on ONE 18 year old rookie, is much beyond regular fail level, tbh. Compounded also by showing Finnish liga highlights and IIHF WC highlights, like that was even remotely close to the NHL level. :facepalm:

Your post is spot on if you remove the fact that you're complete incorrect.

All our hopes and dreams don't lay on Laine's shoulders. He's just part of the solution.

Someone (too lazy to see who said it) said that we need to bolster our offense. Seems like they were in a little snarky in suggesting that we can only do that through a trade. Now, as a proper counter argument, we've said that we have already bolstered our offense. But how? you ask. Well that's a dumb question but I'll answer it anyway.

1) Added Laine (#2 pick who already posesses a strong, NHL-Ready, frame and some wicked offensive potential)

2) Added Kyle Connor. You may remember him from the Brazzers video where he did unspeakable things to his NCAA competition.

3) Ehlers & Scheifele - Both possess great offensive potential and are a year older & a year better. Look out for the Wheeler - Scheif - Ehlers line next year.

4) Steroids! - Handed out like candy. We're cheating and we don't care who knows. We will just say Steve Simmonds made it up.

5) HOPEFULLY MORRISSEY PANS OUT CAUSE JESUS CHRIST DO WE NEED TO GET RID OF MARK F'ING STUART. JESUS CHRIST HOW IS THAT GUY..*cough* uhhh improved defense.

So we've added 2 blue chip prospects and have a very young team that's going to be a year more experienced. I would say that's improvement enough.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Pretty sure that adding both Laine and Connor will soon change that, Spooner is a 3rd line Center/Winger type and Winnipeg is pretty much set there.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB

Bergy
Marchand
Pasta
Krejci
Krug
Rask

McAvoy
Zboril
Debrusk
Heinen
Carlo

Are you guys actively shopping those players? There's a reason they weren't brought up.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I think if Boston wants Trouba, Krug has to be going the other way.

Pretty much this, And i don't know why Cheveldayoff would want a 5'9 Krug over a 6'3 Trouba he pretty much prides himself on adding bigger players. I think Krug is a downgrade compared to what Trouba can be myself but that's just my own personal opinion.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Bergy
Marchand
Pasta
Krejci
Krug
Rask

McAvoy
Zboril
Debrusk
Heinen
Carlo

Your choosing to hear only what you want to hear. Jets fans have explained it 1000 times over including multi times here.

Any trade involving Trouba, Jets don't want:

- Older players
- Quantity over quality
- Mystery boxes (picks & prospects) as the main return.
- Forwards, not a lot interest in, unless we must settle for bpa.
- Any RHD
- Ufa

So when you look at the above, you realize quickly while Boston has some nice pieces not many really interest us considering our needs.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
1. Lot of arrogance from Winnipeg fans in this thread thus far.......
2. Going as far to say the Bruins have nothing the Jets would want.

Bergy
Marchand
Pasta
Krejci
Krug
Rask

McAvoy
Zboril
Debrusk
Heinen
Carlo

3. Maybe get off the soapbox and remind yourself that the Bruins had 5 first round picks in the last two years. Our prospect pool is full. 4. Oh and PS let's not start claiming Laine is the next Ovi before he actually plays a game in the NHL. You still finished 21st overall in scoring last year.

I genuinely don't know what you're trying to say.

1. Again, as I usually refer to it, it's not arrogance, it's "not wanting to trade our most important pieces".

2. Let's see...

Bergeron = not available
Marchand = very little need, too old and one year from UFA
Pastrnak = very little need
Krejci = too old and expensive
Krug = decent, but doesn't replace Trouba neither today nor in the future
Rask = acquiring him costs us Hellebuyck, so a hard no

McAvoy = zero interest in dealing Trouba for prospects, even if they fill a need . He's someone who could be used to acquire Myers though.
Zboril = see above
DeBrusk = absolutely no need
Heinen = no need
Carlo = see McAvoy

You can think highly about your own assets, but they're not good enough here.

3. ...yes? We have a lot of them too. Doesn't change the fact that the importance of Trouba is far greater than any of our prospects', barring Laine.

4. Notice how those two things have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with each other. What a great argument. (not that Laine is Ovi 2.0 from the get-go, but still an awful argument nonetheless)

Want to continue?

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
Pretty sure that adding both Laine and Connor will soon change that, Spooner is a 3rd line Center/Winger type and Winnipeg is pretty much set there.

Is he though? He is near the top of the league in points per minute of ice time and is great on the power play. He needs to work on his defensive game but he has been and it shows. He seems a lot more like a 2nd line type to me. Not that he is what the Jets need or anything but he is a good player and I believe he is more of a scoring 2nd line type of guy.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
I would love to run Scheifele - Little - Spooner down the middle, especially with out offensive wingers that would play with Spooner. He's a great player that any team would want to have, but at this point I see no way the Jets would want to downgrade their D for more forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad