Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] G Jeremy Swayman signs extension with the Bruins (8 years, $8.25M AAV)

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Swayman f***ed the Bruins real good here.

Wouldn't be surprised if Korpisalo held more trade value than Swayman by next season.

Sure did….. or not

8.25 is going to look pretty cheap when the cap hits 92.5M and Shest gets his new deal

Lollllll 8 years for a goalie. congrats bruins, you finally landed your first bad contract. You guys got away with not having one of those for too long.

He’s 25y, soon 26….

Reactions: Pablo El Perro

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Glad to get the drama over with before game 1. Now get out there and earn your millions, Swayman

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
This is either going to be really good for goalies or going to be really bad, Swayman better bring his A game the next couple seasons

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Uhhh... If you say so. I am assuming you are a fan in the last 5 years?

The point was for all the grandstanding about the leadership, culture, and taking less they ended up not winning really anything. Yes they won in 2011 but that was welllll before any of them took less or whatever.

In the span of the last decade of all of that the Bruins have the same amount of cups as the Leafs

Can't imagine what it is like having players like that on my team :P

I don't blame him either. I just think it's obvious things are unraveling there and to me it seems like they will be not very good for a long time.

This Bruins squad is better than the one that beat TOR last year and all of their core players are locked up. When will people learn not to count out BOS?

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
And how have the Bruins played in the playoffs? I am not giving a goalie 8 years and 8,25 million AAV. Boston has given more expensive contract last two years. One I understood since he is the best scorer by far. But with that D core not sure that deal is a good deal. Cap going up helps over time, but I never had him as a big time goalie splitting time last year.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I stand corrected, Salming, Gilmour, Domi, Clarke, Sittler but just never enough to bring it home, sadly.

I didn't get to see all of them, but seeing Gary Roberts playing through a broken down body and how good the team did with Sundin hurt and how hard they played, yeah. Lots to be proud of just no cup

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Then how can you say there is a history of players not caring? Outside of Harold Ballard, up until the 2005 lockout the Leafs had deep runs with guys who were warriors, and had players like Salming leading them through decades.
Yuskevich was an absolute warrior.

Kaberle felt like he was getting booed off the ice by his own teammates, and yet was crucial to that Cup win the way he sat back and let the team get in place before he moved the puck like a magician.

Honestly dude, how can you troll this hard? You can't say shit about the Bruins if you're a Leafs fan and yet here you are attempting to do that.

I call bullshit on you being an actual Leafs fan.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I didn't get to see all of them, but seeing Gary Roberts playing through a broken down body and how good the team did with Sundin hurt and how hard they played, yeah. Lots to be proud of just no cup
You know why we never got beyond the conference final with those teams?

It really relates to this thread......... I was there and I know why.........do you?

edit: I'll just say it, we ran into a hot goalie both times. I knew we were gonna lose those conference finals because of how good the goalie on the other team was playing. Even though we had Cujo and Belfour.

How overpaid is Swayman? What's $2 million on the cap vs some scrub forward of D man. Lock that goalie up!

Bruins did well here until further notice.

Reactions: Pablo El Perro

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
This Bruins squad is better than the one that beat TOR last year and all of their core players are locked up. When will people learn not to count out BOS?

I disagree. I think the Bruins just added boat anchors in Lindholm and Zadorov. Swayman remains to be seen. 132 GP who knows what he really is

JimmyJiveJones

Jan 28, 2019
Overpay by 1-1.5Mil but they had to do it. This deal is gonna look bad if Swayman runs into injury trouble. But i dont see him having a bad season behind the Bruins defence.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
What does this have to do with Jeremy Swayman’s new contract?

There’s a dedicated sub forum for Toronto Maple Leafs talk last time I checked.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Swayman remains to be seen. 132 GP who knows what he really is
First of all - Swayman has played in 152 career games - 132 regular season and 20 Playoff games. Interestingly that's the exact same number as the both Goalies on Toronto this season ( Woll with 43 career games and Stolarz with 109 career games ) but yet you seem to be very excited about them. :dunno:

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

The no cup era of sundin is certainly way respectable than the no cup era of the current leafs core.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
First of all - Swayman has played in 152 career games - 132 regular season and 20 Playoff games. Interestingly that's the exact same number as the both Goalies on Toronto this season ( Woll with 43 career games and Stolarz with 109 career games ) but yet you seem to be very excited about them. :dunno:

Those guys make 3M combined which is a clear difference

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Those guys make 3M combined which is a clear difference
And in a few months we'll see why. Next season the difference will only be a bit less than $2.1 million so you'll have to come up with another excuse.......which I have no doubt you will do. But the good news is that your team will probably have another early Playoff exit which will give you plenty of time to come up with one. :nod:

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Laugh at what you like, everyone is laughing at Boston right now. Can't wait for Sway to start the season poorly and see the reaction of Bruins fans.

At least you guys got a bunch of cups out of it right?
The absolute irony of a LEAFS fan trying to troll over cup wins :laugh:

Boston has made an absolute mockery of the Leaf’s I get it, but this post has a mind boggling lack of self awareness

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Getting more than the 8x8 after that press conference makes Swayman look and feel like he won. Giving more than 8x8 makes management look like they bent a bit, but didn't really get bent over. I understand why both would be willing to do this deal especially just prior to the season.

I think this is the only way it could have possibly ended without a trade/trade request. I'm glad it's over. I do think Neely's words expedited this result.

Swayman (25), coming in behind Pastrnak (28) and McAvoy (26) is good for the cap structure. That's your core right there for the next few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad