Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] G Jeremy Swayman signs extension with the Bruins (8 years, $8.25M AAV)

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Pretty much the only losers of this deal are fans of the atlantic. Swayman is gonna be a tough goalie to beat in the playoffs.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Well that only took about 2 minutes........seems right. :nod:

Laugh at what you like, everyone is laughing at Boston right now. Can't wait for Sway to start the season poorly and see the reaction of Bruins fans.

Can’t expect your star players to take discounts forever. Bergeron/Marchand culture was a very special and rare one in sports. Especially with the new generation of players.

At least you guys got a bunch of cups out of it right?

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Laugh at what you like, everyone is laughing at Boston right now. Can't wait for Sway to start the season poorly and see the reaction of Bruins fans.
Going by your posting history it's pretty clear that your reading and writing comprehension levels are pretty low so ask an adult to explain to you just how wrong you are. :thumbd:

Are you really going to start pointing to Cup wins as a sign of success ???? :laugh:

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Going by your posting history it's pretty clear that your reading and writing comprehension levels are pretty low so ask an adult to explain to you just how wrong you are. :thumbd:

Are you really going to start pointing to Cup wins as a sign of success ???? :laugh:

Wow, the Bruins won ONE cup....................

Which...........in Toronto................ would be THE ONE CUP..............

It would be incredible. How can a "Leafs" fan even talk about cups post original 6 when we can't even talk about ONE Stanley Cup?

Just shows how different one Leafs poster on here is to the next. I think most Leafs fans are actually really freakin' humbled and so they don't post, and certainly don't try to get into it with fans of teams that have actually won the thing in their lifetime.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
It would be incredible. How can a "Leafs" fan even talk about cups post original 6 when we can't even talk about ONE Stanley Cup?

Just shows how different one Leafs poster on here is to the next. I think most Leafs fans are actually really freakin' humbled and so they don't post, and certainly don't try to get into it with fans of teams that have actually won the thing in their lifetime.
And this is why I enjoy a bit of verbal sparring with most Leaf fans as it's usually all in good fun. But that one guy ( and we all know who he is ) is pretty hard to take even if he is just doing some kind of weird schtick. I'm not going to say anything else since I've already received a warning for hurting his feelings.:nod:

Reactions: SmoggyTwinkles

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Curious if Swayman kept up on his training during this negotiation. Cause if he created this ruckus and lays an egg off the bat, yeesshh

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008

Why would you say that?

As a Leafs fan I only wish we had guys that actually cared more for the name on the front of the sweater than the name on the back.

Boston has a history of players that give a damn, Leafs have a history of players that don't care.

Bruins lack of cups isn't an indication of anything but more talented teams beating them, not teams with more heart.

Swayman obviously is part of the new bred. Younger, entitled, wants to be compensated before he really has proven himself. To be honest I can't blame him. In his case though, I think he will prove himself....as a Leafs fan I hope I'm wrong.

Congrats Bruin fans........you bastards lol

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Why would you say that?

As a Leafs fan I only wish we had guys that actually cared more for the name on the front of the sweater than the name on the back.

Boston has a history of players that give a damn, Leafs have a history of players that don't care.

Uhhh... If you say so. I am assuming you are a fan in the last 5 years?

Bruins lack of cups isn't an indication of anything but more talented teams beating them, not teams with more heart.

The point was for all the grandstanding about the leadership, culture, and taking less they ended up not winning really anything. Yes they won in 2011 but that was welllll before any of them took less or whatever.

In the span of the last decade of all of that the Bruins have the same amount of cups as the Leafs

Swayman obviously is part of the new bred. Younger, entitled, wants to be compensated before he really has proven himself.

Can't imagine what it is like having players like that on my team :P

To be honest I can't blame him. In his case though, I think he will prove himself....as a Leafs fan I hope I'm wrong.

Congrats Bruin fans........you bastards lol

I don't blame him either. I just think it's obvious things are unraveling there and to me it seems like they will be not very good for a long time.

• Haha
Reactions: CheerstoBeers

The Un4casted Storm

May 14, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
Their initial offer was under 5.000 (likely shorter term). They tried to get him for less than he was worth, and they didn't. It's not a hard concept to grasp.
Do you have a link for this? Everything I've seen suggested that the Bruins early offers were for 4 years at $6+ million which would be roughly similar to the contracts other goalies like Demko and Oettinger received at Swayman's age.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Uhhh... If you say so. I am assuming you are a fan in the last 5 years?
been a fan for over 50 years.

was alive the last time the Leafs won the SC.

By the way....I was alive when the Leafs f***ed up with Bobby Orr. Should have a been a Leaf but typical Leafs incompetence saw Boston sign him.

Last edited:

Score08

Apr 6, 2017
It’s not whether his words were warranted; it’s the whiny delivery that made him appear idiotic.
If you believe Neely came off looking idiotic for comments, then swayman comes off looking like a childish man baby over the arbitration process that hurt his feels .

Score08

Apr 6, 2017
Bruins prove once again why they are one of the best teams at building competitive rosters year after year.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Then how can you say there is a history of players not caring? Outside of Harold Ballard, up until the 2005 lockout the Leafs had deep runs with guys who were warriors, and had players like Salming leading them through decades.
I stand corrected, Salming, Gilmour, Domi, Clarke, Sittler but just never enough to bring it home, sadly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad