Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] G Jeremy Swayman signs extension with the Bruins (8 years, $8.25M AAV)

Panteras

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 14, 2009
It’s only 3-0 who cares
He’s a good goalie, and seems like has a mentality to be successful so he should be solid for the Bs. one argument could be that this can be a steal down the road. But it also has potential to be a very very toxic situation if he falters. This one went very public so he’s going to be under the microscope from management and fans.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Good on swayman for holding strong.

Neely and Sweeney look like amateurs.

Held so strongly that he dropped his stance of setting the market at McAvoy money and settled for a compromise much closer to fair payment.

If anyone, his agent is the amateur.

So many label every contract overpay or a bargain.

Add this to the list of fair value. Win win. Added win because of the angst it causes rival fans.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
The Bruins beat TOR with Charlie Coyle and Pavel Zacha as their top 2 centers. If you don't think Elias Lindholm helps the Bruins at C next to Pastrnak...I don't know what to tell you.

Zadorov replaces freaking Matt Grzelcyk next to McAvoy...and in a worst case scenario as a #5D replacing Parker Wotherspoon.

So I am not sure how anyone can say the Bruins are worse with these additions. Cap wise, they will be fine too.

Let's see in 2 years. I suspect those deals are ugly

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
He’s a good goalie, and seems like has a mentality to be successful so he should be solid for the Bs. one argument could be that this can be a steal down the road. But it also has potential to be a very very toxic situation if he falters. This one went very public so he’s going to be under the microscope from management and fans.

I do think everyone that signs a contract to play a pro sport in Boston is well aware of the way things go good or bad in that market.

It only went very public because it’s the Bruins, he’s going to be under a microscope because it’s the Bruins, these threads go on and on and on because it’s the Bruins. Bruins, Bruins, Bruins, a tale as old as time.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
I do think everyone that signs a contract to play a pro sport in Boston is well aware of the way things go good or bad in that market.

It only went very public because it’s the Bruins, he’s going to be under a microscope because it’s the Bruins, these threads go on and on and on because it’s the Bruins. Bruins, Bruins, Bruins, a tale as old as time.

Sure, if you are talking about the other BOS sports franchises...but I can't think of any other Bruins contract negotiation that has come close to the allure of this one. Krug? Meh. Sweeney was right to walk away on that one.

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
Held so strongly that he dropped his stance of setting the market at McAvoy money and settled for a compromise much closer to fair payment.

If anyone, his agent is the amateur.

So many label every contract overpay or a bargain.

Add this to the list of fair value. Win win. Added win because of the angst it causes rival fans.
Its far from fair value he has 132 games play in the NHl

has never been starting golatender

also plays in front of one of the best defenses in the league

no cup, no veznia

How is 8 million for a goalie with this track record a steal?

f*** Skinner in Edmonton has a more proven track record he at least made the finals, is he getting 8 million?

Literally his career accomplishment so far is beating the Leafs in the first round, you can't seriously tell me his agent is on the phone saying "well my client beat the leafs" f***ing Garth Snow could come out retirement, go in net for the Sharks and beat the leafs in the first round there ass.

paragon

May 5, 2010
Its far from fair value he has 132 games play in the NHl

has never been starting golatender

also plays in front of one of the best defenses in the league

no cup, no veznia

How is 8 million for a goalie with this track record a steal?

f*** Skinner in Edmonton has a more proven track record he at least made the finals, is he getting 8 million?

Literally his career accomplishment so far is beating the Leafs in the first round, you can't seriously tell me his agent is on the phone saying "well my client beat the leafs" f***ing Garth Snow could come out retirement, go in net for the Sharks and beat the leafs in the first round there ass.
Pretty much everything you said applied to Rask before Bruins gave him 7Mx8 years. He had played only 138 games, mostly behind Thomas. Behind one of the best defenses in the league etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad