Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] Bruins sign Charlie McAvoy to extension (8 years, $9.5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Yes that’s my bad. Forgot to add him

fixed*
But Hedman is already 30.
While still high end and Norris worthy, at this point, I’d rather have one of the 3 young guns now and next 5 years plus

Yeah of course ya want the young guys. But that's value, not how good the player actually is. Hedman probably has the cheapest contract when it's all done, and the only one of the 4 to get cups.

Reactions: jay from jersey

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Why are people signing their young stars with a full season left on their current contract?
Dont they know it is way more fun to wait to start negotiations at the start of training camp?
Not if it is your team doing the signing and you are praying they don't screw it up and lose the player..........

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
McAvoy will be the age that Petry is right now at the end of his 8 year extension. The cap will continue to go up - in fact, it will go up marginally during Petry's deal but MASSIVELY during McAvoys. And, yes, McAvoy is absolutely better than Petry. Petry is underrated, but McAvoy is, too.
He isnt better

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Do you watch the same Habs games as I do? Petry is a stud offensively but he's a catastrophe in his zone. He's not one of the worst defenceman in the NHL in giveaways for no reason.
The playoffs and most his games with us beg to differ

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I'm not sure how "big" this contract really will be. Pelech and Pulock have kinda set a decent range for top-pairing, "defensive" defensemen.

I think McAvoy is elite, but he doesn't have the raw production to really be in the outer stratosphere of comparable defensemen contracts.

DieSendungmitderMaus

Apr 14, 2018
I know there's still a couple of RFA years in there so Jones, Nurse et al aren't a straight up comparison, but I honestly won't sweat anything in the single digits. He's that good and getting stingy over 500k on a contract like that isn't where your cap gets made or broken.

The Petry derail is amusing but not really relevant to this thread as he really couldn't have much less in common with McAvoy other than position.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I'm not sure how "big" this contract really will be. Pelech and Pulock have kinda set a decent range for top-pairing, "defensive" defensemen.

I think McAvoy is elite, but he doesn't have the raw production to really be in the outer stratosphere of comparable defensemen contracts.

Pelech & Pulock combined for 1 more pt than McAvoy last season. McAvoy was 5th in Norris voting, Pelech and Pulock weren't top 15.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

If Boston keeps him on the #1 PP unit his production will be up their with just about any defenseman. People forget that until late into last season he was on the 2nd PP unit. Cassidy has finally seen the light on this, or so I think.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Are you kidding? Go back to the post you responded to and read them.
it didn't say anything specific about McAvoy. Every team is gonna get their cap upped. doesn't mean everyone should be paid much more than their value.

imo Mcavoy should sign for bw 7.5 to 8.5 not 10!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad