Value of: Bo Byram

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I haven't kept up with byram's career, but I thought he was supposed to be up there with Seider in terms of game breaking talent. Why would AVS even consider getting rid of him? Or has he fallen off towards bust level?

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Injuries and value is tough on Bryan. Colorado feels he’s valuable because they spent a high pick on him and even though he hasn’t hit that level, they feel he has potential to hit it or come close.

Other teams don’t want to pay that value for fear of injuries or thinking he won’t hit that value.

I think if the defensive core wasn’t stacked in Colorado he would have been given more chances to succeed. More PP time, more ES time. He won’t get that with Makar in the lineup.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I haven't kept up with byram's career, but I thought he was supposed to be up there with Seider in terms of game breaking talent. Why would AVS even consider getting rid of him? Or has he fallen off towards bust level?

He isn't?

At 5v5 this year Byram is beating Seider in goals, total points, TOI, CF%, xGF%, and SCF%. You can't even pull the "The Avs are a better team" card because so far both teams have found similar success rates.

The only metrics Seider has ever been better than Byram at are power play metrics. No shocker there as Byram gets no power play time.

Byram has simply been the better player when the ice is even, and this is not new to this season.

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Injuries have definitely hindered his development, we will also have cap issues. Since we resigned toews, one of Girard, Manson and Byram should be used to acquirea legit 2c.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Artemi Panarin

Aug 3, 2021
Ко́ркино
He isn't?

At 5v5 this year Byram is beating Seider in goals, total points, TOI, CF%, xGF%, and SCF%. You can't even pull the "The Avs are a better team" card because so far both teams have found similar success rates.

The only metrics Seider has ever been better than Byram at are power play metrics. No shocker there as Byram gets no power play time.

Byram has simply been the better player when the ice is even, and this is not new to this season.
This has to be one of the worst takes I've ever seen on here. Homerism on 100

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
This has to be one of the worst takes I've ever seen on here. Homerism on 100
I mean all he's stated were stats. Byram will always be overlooked behind Toews and Makar. Sieder is getting overrated, I remember when people on here were saying he'd be competing with Makar for the Norris.

Reactions: abo9

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
He isn't?

You should have bolded the part of the post "I haven't kept up with byram's career" in your response to me. But it's a bit worrisome that Colorado Fans in this very thread are asking for, imo, a very low return to trade Bo Byram.

I personally couldn't imagine anyone thinking Seider is worth nothing more than a 2nd line center.

I mean all he's stated were stats. Byram will always be overlooked behind Toews and Makar. Sieder is getting overrated, I remember when people on here were saying he'd be competing with Makar for the Norris.

You're saying that Seider, in the entire life of his long career, will never have a chance to be in any Norris conversation?

Or are you saying DRW fans think Seider is a top Norris candidate dman right now along side Makar? If that's what you believe, then I think you're either ignorantly mistaken or a plain ol' liar.

I'm hoping you just have misinformation in your head...

Big Ed

~
Feb 5, 2011
He isn't?

Gotta love throwing out random advanced stats without any context. Byram is playing against offensively inept 3rd and 4th liners while Seider gets the toughest defensive usage in the whole league.
6456453435.png

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Gotta love throwing out random advanced stats

"Random advanced stats" :laugh:

The funny part is I’m not even trying to prove Byram is a great player, I’m proving Seider is significantly overrated.

But it's a bit worrisome that Colorado Fans in this very thread are asking for, imo, a very low return to trade Bo Byram.

The opinions of rando's on the internet don't actually hold any weight in the determination of a player's value.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
The opinions of rando's on the internet don't actually hold any weight in the determination of a player's value.

True. But fans always overrate their young players (especially top 5 drafted players). Seems he might be in the hot seat for whatever reason.

Sometimes where there's smoke, there's fire.

This goes back to me thinking Byram was on Seider's level. Maybe he still is, maybe he regressed. I see some fans wanting to axe him... then I see you are rating him highly. Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle. That's why I asked. You are the only fan he has coming to his defense in this thread. I'm not even going to speculate why that is despite your avatar.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Gotta love throwing out random advanced stats without any context. Byram is playing against offensively inept 3rd and 4th liners while Seider gets the toughest defensive usage in the whole league.
View attachment 778684

And Byram plays significant minutes with a 2C who has only had 2 or 3 5v5 points and one assist in total all year. And like was already said, gets very little PP time.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
maybe if girard was healthy but i dont think they can spare a dman
Girard probably becomes a wild card for the next few years given he’s out. But not hurt.

Avs have zero ability to trade a defender in their top 4.

What they could use is a 2C. RyJo should be a RW at this point. Way to slow to play C.

Should probably already have Colton in this spot.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Somehow I doubt Colorado even considers moving him. He’s a whopping 22 years of age and has had stretches of very good-elite play. There’s still a very strong likelihood that he’s a top pairing defenseman some day. Even if he’s been poor to start the year that does not justify moving an asset of his caliber
COL could probably still get a ransom in trade for him though. He was considered Makar lite not very long ago.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Would something around Byram for Frost work? Flyers could add some draft capital if necessary

Not ideal but also not the worst proposal depending on what the draft capital is.

He has some talent and at least he can play C. But he’s had one season of over .5 ppg, so he’s kind of still too much of a mystery box for a team like Colorado who have had two years of disappointment at 2C.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
He isn't?

This is one where the eye test comes in handy.

Reactions: Bluenotes27

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
View attachment 778684
Byram gets to play with inept players like Manson or on his off-hand with guys like Jack Johnson and Girard. Byram gets deployed with middle six nobodies like Wood and Cogliano.

I'd trade Toews instead. His contract is going to age poorly. And Toews makes more egregious mistakes in his own zone, like the first goal against last night.

See last night's scorecard. Byram and Mack by far the Avs best players. Makar, Rants and Toews.. Not good.

Reactions: Alienblood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad