Seravalli: Blues shopping Binnington

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
How much of that is Binny and how much of that is the team in front of him making him second guess things?

Husso was terrible and now he’s rocking. So did he actually dramatically improve or is it a hot streak? Which makes more sense?
So the team in front of him is bad and Husso is just playing super well and Binny is like “my team sucks I ain’t gonna play well”

Cape

Dec 31, 2019
Finland
So you’re saying the quality of his blueline hasn’t changed at all?

Maybe you should watch some Blues games.
Of course it has. At the same time you seem to know that Husso is on a hot streak. Have you watched any games if you see the Binnington mental strenght.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
St Louis has allowed 33 less goals than the Oilers and have a substantially better defense.
And Binnington has WORSE numbers than Koskinen and Husso is stealing his job.
Why would that be a good acquisition? Binnington has gotten worse every single season.
The blues defense ranks near the bottom of the league in xga 5vs 5 and hd scoring chances. Their defense is not substantially better. If husso wasnt standing on his head theyd be struggling to make playoffs

Reactions: Cape and BlueSeal

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
The Blues are no longer an elite defensive team. Not even close. Binnington is still good, the team in front of him is worse.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
An average at absolute best goalie... even teams like Edmonton and Toronto should aim higher.

crying-marchand.gif

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Ken Holland is puking and crying rn

Binnington would almost assuredly be the best acquisition Edmonton could make right now so it likely won't happen.
His numbers are bad on a better defensive team . He is not the answer in Edmonton . Then the fact Edmonton doesn't have the cap space also has to be considered .

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Might as well call Hughes for Carey Price if you want an anchor contract, at least Carey can win you a cup with a decent team

How is Price going to win you a cup when he isn't even fit to play ? Is roll up the rim to win back at Tim Horton's ? Maybe he can win you a cup of coffee .

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
What? Anyways , now would be the perfect time to see what offers they get. A few teams frothing at the mouth trying to fix their goalie issues.
Hopefully my Devils are in if the cost is not astronomical. I know there are a lot of desperate teams needing goalies though so we will see if anyone ponies up the cost. I wouldn’t count out the Devils though as they are desperate for a goalie and have tons of assets to use.
Devils could also take a bad contract along with him, or not require any retention (advantage they have over other teams looking for a goalie) to hopefully lessen the cost.
Devils want his teammate Husso, Binnington is crazy, no thx

Reactions: teddygmr

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Wouldn't surprise me if Blues let this to be known to motivate Binny. He is player that always seems best when he has chip on his shoulder and feels he has something to prove.

Reactions: banks

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
His numbers are bad on a better defensive team . He is not the answer in Edmonton . Then the fact Edmonton doesn't have the cap space also has to be considered .
Actually… the fact Edmonton doesn’t have the cap space… is a blessing, in this case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad