GDT: Blues @ Avalanche|Round 1, Game 2| Blues down 1-0|

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
maybe it's the booze, but man... it seems like this game has gone on forever lol

ok.. got thru the 2nd on the road.. a good 3rd here is what the doctor ordered

Reactions: CoMoBlues

Prosaic

Sep 11, 2020
Man how do we lose every race to a puck
Outside of 25, who on this team is legitimately fast?

I don't think speed is everything but when you can't manage the puck then man it really does show when your team lacks it.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Get Kostin in the lineup for christ's sake. Dude was pivotal in the KHL playoffs, you might as well get him experience while you can and at least inject some good youth in there.

Anything is worth a shot. A lot of these forwards aren't doing anything. You could basically pick a name out of a hat to sit him for at this point. We have so many invisible guys.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

kreele

Oct 12, 2017
I wonder how long it’ll take for them to call these blatant interference’s by the Avs. Would be nice to have a few much deserved power plays.

The interference by AVs is becoming a joke now that the refs aren’t calling it. Nearly every time we throw the puck in their zone they interfere with our entry! Guys nowhere within 20 feet of the puck!

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Outside of 25, who on this team is legitimately fast?

I don't think speed is everything but when you can't manage the puck then man it really does show when your team lacks it.
thomas.. blais isn't "slow" wouldn't call hoffman slow either... but man, schwartz sure seems a step behind... again, I like him alot, but...

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
or they're up 5 goals... I usually don't kvetch about the officiating (I did it for years... officiating.. not complain about em lol), but man.. this has been bad

I don't bash unless it is just atrocious. Tonight has been atrocious.

4 just beyond obvious call missed. (MacKinnon, Kadri twice, & Jost on Bortuzzo)

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
I was 50/50 on the Leafs losing Kadri, but seeing that near moron crosschecking penalty up 3-1 I’m thinking he hasn’t learned his lesson.

Love his game, but if I’m an Avs fan, I’m living in fear of him losing his self-control at the wrong time.

Hope he doesn’t, I’d like to see him succeed, but that looked like a vintage Kadri bonehead play. Much more of a crosscheck at 3:30 and Colorado is down a man.
what penalty? he didnt get a penalty there lol, he plays for the Refalanche

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Like it or not you have to 'earn' calls in the officials eyes with strong 5 on 5 play. We're not going to get the benefit of this playing the way we are.

Reactions: mk80

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Maybe. But outside of a few shifts we haven’t much time in the offensive end where he’s most impactful

His absence is what caused all the lines that were clicking to be jumbled up. Maybe Berube should have just replaced him with Kostin, but all of our lines are out of sync.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
One defenseman doesn't make your entire forward group start playing better
I mean, to some extent it can...especially when that defenseman is playing almost half the game. The forwards aren't exactly on the top of their game right now, especially relative to the Cup year, but they're receiving a fraction of the support they received from the blue line that year and it's a lot harder for them to have that sort of impact without that support. Let's look at some of the ways they're fighting an uphill battle.

1) Better defense leads to less time in the defensive zone. That means more less opportunity for your forwards to be exposed defensively, and less energy wasted defending.

2) Better defense leads to better transition play. Again, fewer turnovers means less defensive responsibility and energy wasted. On top of that, entering the offensive zone with speed, and even more importantly control, is a huge facilitator for offensive play. Springing odd-man breaks is an added bonus.

3) A better defender can lead to more opportunities in the offensive zone, whether that comes from rebounds on good, hard, accurate point shots, or good shots off seam passes, or breaking down the defense at the line with some fancy skating/stickhandling, or presenting weak-side attack options, etc. More threats/options in the offensive zone makes it easier for the forwards to create offense.

I'm not saying that adding Pietrangelo would magically turn this series around. There's way too many other problems and complicating factors to make a statement like that. But one really talented 3 zone defenseman can cover a lot of warts and make it a whole lot easier for his teammates to get their jobs done, and in that regard, this team is being affected by Pietrangelo's absence right now. I'm not offering that as an excuse, or to start a tangent discussion about this past offseason. IMO, it's just a fact, and one that should be recognized...not so we can second guess the past, but so we can recognize what issues we face and that must be addressed as we move forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad