Prospect Info: Blues 2023-2024 Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Nasty shot on Dvorsky's 1st of the day.

Just got through the 2nd period. Dalibor with 2 goals and 2 assists a post and a crossbar. Not sure if he has lost a face off. Goes in the corner with 3 colts and comes out with the puck. 2 passes between defenders legs. Just…wow. Definitely best player on the ice. Musty is good but awkward. Just skates awkward. Great passer though.

Dvorsky reminds me of Demitra in just pulling another trick out of his sleeve. Stealing the puck putting the tip of his stick on top of the puck. Backhand saucer passes on the tape. Very responsible defensively. Which often made him a trailer.

Last edited:

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I was hoping that Alexandrov
would make a good showing after coming back from the minors (where he had some good success). So far, he hasn't shown up on the offensive stats.

I can't defend my observations with stats, but the guy looks like an NHL player out there. Maybe he just needs a break.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I was hoping that Alexandrov
would make a good showing after coming back from the minors (where he had some good success). So far, he hasn't shown up on the offensive stats.

I can't defend my observations with stats, but the guy looks like an NHL player out there. Maybe he just needs a break.

Maybe he needs to be on a productive line. Playing 4th line minutes will not lead to a lot of points.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Dylan Peterson impressive for BU. Good size, throws his body around.

Seemed to be third line RW. Stole the puck, made a shorthand rush that drew a penalty leading to PP goal. Won a battle in the corner, short pass below the goal line that helped set up a goal.

Could be a solid fourth-liner, maybe third-line.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
was a fun game to watch. not sure anyone really jumped out as ready to be promoted, but fun nonetheless
couple of guys looked like maybe fill in as bottom 6 guys

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I think after dvo had rough go in Sweden this year we may have questioned him more than warranted. It was tough situation and didn’t work as we hoped, but he has been great in ohl. As a 1st year euro dropped in that is far more difficult than it may seem. Sale, the kraken 1st rounder, has 22 points in 30 games (and 2 in 5 since traded to a top Kitchener team). Dvo has 49 points in 28 games and has only been held off scoresheet 3 times all season. If he had started there he would likely be leading league in scoring. He is gonna be a stud for us.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I think after dvo had rough go in Sweden this year we may have questioned him more than warranted. It was tough situation and didn’t work as we hoped, but he has been great in ohl. As a 1st year euro dropped in that is far more difficult than it may seem. Sale, the kraken 1st rounder, has 22 points in 30 games (and 2 in 5 since traded to a top Kitchener team). Dvo has 49 points in 28 games and has only been held off scoresheet 3 times all season. If he had started there he would likely be leading league in scoring. He is gonna be a stud for us.

hard to believe he’s only 18. He has everything you look for in a young prospect imo. size, strength, skill, work ethic, good motor, high IQ. His skating will only get better and better too. I see so much ROR in him.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Can’t stand the cone head look with hats.

Trade him right away!!!! No cone heads on this team.

I disagree. I think it realigned our expectations and there is nothing wrong with that. He was the 10th pick in a strong forward draft and many thought he should have gone higher. We were thinking combining those factors, he'd be like a top 4-5 guy in a normal year. He could be a guy who would play overseas for a year and immediately come in and be a contributor. Then he got his ass kicked playing against a weaker men's league (4 or 5th best men's league). We all knew he'd dominate against kids. His dominating against the CHL isn't surprising. He is just more physically mature for his age than most.

But his skating and IQ were a step behind against men, and he didn't show an ability to play with others. He skated the puck in but without speed to do anything, and then he'd take an ineffective shot or get trapped in the corner. That was not the situation. That was his ability to play with teammates, his IQ and skating being behind where they need to be to play in a men's league. There is nothing at all wrong with that at 18, and it doesn't mean those won't improve or he is a bad prospect. It just realigns our expectations that he has things he needs to work on before making the pros, and it might be a few years or he might not come in and contribute if he does make it sooner.

hard to believe he’s only 18. He has everything you look for in a young prospect imo. size, strength, skill, work ethic, good motor, high IQ. His skating will only get better and better too. I see so much ROR in him.

So everything except the skating then, if you are saying that will get better, it implies it needs to get better, which implies he doesn't have everything.

I'm not trying to dog the kid. He is our best prospect, hands down. He will be a great player for us. Let's just keep our expectations in line with reality and what he is showing, and against whom he is showing it.

Quaz

Mar 15, 2006
St Louis
Trade him right away!!!! No cone heads on this team.

I disagree. I think it realigned our expectations and there is nothing wrong with that. He was the 10th pick in a strong forward draft and many thought he should have gone higher. We were thinking combining those factors, he'd be like a top 4-5 guy in a normal year. He could be a guy who would play overseas for a year and immediately come in and be a contributor. Then he got his ass kicked playing against a weaker men's league (4 or 5th best men's league). We all knew he'd dominate against kids. His dominating against the CHL isn't surprising. He is just more physically mature for his age than most.

But his skating and IQ were a step behind against men, and he didn't show an ability to play with others. He skated the puck in but without speed to do anything, and then he'd take an ineffective shot or get trapped in the corner. That was not the situation. That was his ability to play with teammates, his IQ and skating being behind where they need to be to play in a men's league. There is nothing at all wrong with that at 18, and it doesn't mean those won't improve or he is a bad prospect. It just realigns our expectations that he has things he needs to work on before making the pros, and it might be a few years or he might not come in and contribute if he does make it sooner.

So everything except the skating then, if you are saying that will get better, it implies it needs to get better, which implies he doesn't have everything.

I'm not trying to dog the kid. He is our best prospect, hands down. He will be a great player for us. Let's just keep our expectations in line with reality and what he is showing, and against whom he is showing it.
Have you watched a bunch of his games in the SEL? I have only seen some highlights, but my understanding is that his team was one of the worst in the league talent wise. Not the best environment to make a jump to a higher level in. He also didn’t do as well in the WJC when paired with lower level linemates. He may be a guy that does better when playing with better players. I have noticed in the OHL that he will be open and in a great scoring position a lot where his teammates don’t see him. That’s one thing I don’t like about Musty’s game, he makes a lot of bad passes and try’s to do too much himself. I hope DVO gets a chance to play some AHL games at the end of the season so we can see how he looks against tougher competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad