Prospect Info: Blues 2023-2024 Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Somewhat quiet night for our prospects last night. Snuggerud with 1 primary assist. Bolduc with a primary assist. Pekarcik with a goal and assist. Dvorsky held pointless in a 7-3 win (looks like the entire top line had a combined 1 point, so the other lines had a huge night).

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
So the prize of the college free agent market looks to be Colin Graf. I think we would be a great fit as we have only one true top 9 winger in Kyrou that is a right hand shot. Snuggerud is the only prospect with top line potential. 21 years old 6’1” 194 highest ppg in college hockey including Celebrini. Maybe 3rd line with scoring potential?

I think Colton Huard a good depth RD with size was at our development camp. Just depth guys that could fill out lower lines cheap.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Somewhat quiet night for our prospects last night. Snuggerud with 1 primary assist. Bolduc with a primary assist. Pekarcik with a goal and assist. Dvorsky held pointless in a 7-3 win (looks like the entire top line had a combined 1 point, so the other lines had a huge night).
Snuggy did have 11 shots. I’ll take that for a “quiet” night.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
There was some Flyer fan in one of the other main boards threads saying that some Flyer reporter (who may or may not be credible) floated that the Blues offered 10th overall for Gauthier pre ‘23 draft. For those prospect followers that analyzed Gauthier’s D+1 season, is that a move y’all would’ve liked at the time? And then would you rather have Gauthier or Dvorsky now that we know who the selection was?

Reactions: PerryTurnbullfan

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
There was some Flyer fan in one of the other main boards threads saying that some Flyer reporter (who may or may not be credible) floated that the Blues offered 10th overall for Gauthier pre ‘23 draft. For those prospect followers that analyzed Gauthier’s D+1 season, is that a move y’all would’ve liked at the time? And then would you rather have Gauthier or Dvorsky now that we know who the selection was?
I’d probably take Gauthier but it’s close. We also have an extra year of development to view from Gauthier so we simply have more info on him. And that would’ve been true back in June too.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
He would be a good change of pace to Thomas as an alternate center. I like the player we have, but I think it would’ve been a lateral move when all is said and done.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I wouldn’t have personally. I don’t think too highly of Gauthier and the possibility of landing the players near the top of the draft were far more enticing.

Now that the Blues have Dvorsky, I’m glad the Blues held the pick as I value what he brings much more.

Quaz

Mar 15, 2006
St Louis
he has 4 game point streak. 2 goals, 2 assists.

alexandrev had his second 3 point game in 4 days for springfield today.

dean was again pointless today and also -3.

5 got past zherenko in the springfield loss.
Alexandrov has 7 points in 6 games. How long can the Blues keep him there on a conditioning assignment? I guess Kessel will go down when he comes back up.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Alexandrov has 7 points in 6 games. How long can the Blues keep him there on a conditioning assignment? I guess Kessel will go down when he comes back up.
i think he can be there 14 days. If I recall he has 1 more game. but he still counts against roster so nobody has to go down.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Interesting updates on 10 prospects at The Hockey Writers

Bolduc - While there is a lack of goal-scoring at this point, the shots on goal certainly have not lacked as he currently ranks second on the team with 81 shots through 34 games.

Pekarcik is possibly one of the most surprising stories of all Blues prospects this season
Burns - could easily find himself with a long NHL career and be a bit of a hidden gem should his development go according to plan.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Dvorsky has slowed down a bit since going to the WJ while Sudbury has scored 15 goals in 3 games. Not worried about him but he's only had 2 points in that span. Bolduc with a goal last night to put him nearly at half a point a game in his first AHL season. Perfectly ok with that and the development seems just fine. Alexandrov with 3 points last night to put him at 7 points in 6 games. He's only 23 and is still probably trying to find his NHL game. If he can figure it out, he could be a nice bottom 6 piece for us (Blais has regressed a ton and could be on his way out). Pekarcik is 13 points away from league lead in points (would be tied with his teammate) and has played 13 less games. I think it's conceivable he either leads the league or is very close to leading in points by the end of the season.

Dickinson has 22 points in 34 games in the ECHL which although it's the ECHL, it's good to finally see him healthy enough to be playing games. Obviously Snuggerud is on a tear right now and has propelled himself to 24 points (17 goals) in 22 games. He was below a point per game just 2 weeks ago so this outburst in offense was really nice to see. Burns is scoring at a nice clip so I'm interested to see what he's like next year in the prospect camp/training camp. Vorobyov scored again sometime in the past week and is at 8-4-12 in 24 games.

Damian Frerker

Jun 17, 2021
so scott wheeler says they’re 6-7 D prospects in this draft better than Reinbacher. my fear is that we will competitive enough to miss out on all of them. who’s your choice outside of the top 5 picks?

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
so scott wheeler says they’re 6-7 D prospects in this draft better than Reinbacher. my fear is that we will competitive enough to miss out on all of them. who’s your choice outside of the top 5 picks?
have you seen us play recently? i'm confident we ain't missing out on all top 6 d unless they go 2-7. and even then we might have choices amongst them.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003

Impossible to speculate.
Outside of Celebrini going #1, I'm not sure there's any kind of consensus on the top 5 picks right now. Even in terms of just name recognition.
One would think Eiserman is in the mix, but I've seen him dropped out of the top 10 on a few lists recently.
Cayden Lindstrom, same thing. Some have him as the current #2, others have him closer to 10.
Pretty much every name being hyped as a top 10 pick is the same way; one guy will have them ranked top 5, the next will have them in the 7-12 range(except for Trevor Connelly; for some reason he seems to consistently be in the aforementioned 7-12 range on almost everyone's list; which I really don't get given his speed/skill package; I really think people are sleeping on him a bit). You really can't speculate on who you want at #6 when picks 2-5 are this up in the air.

In terms of D prospects; I have it 1-Dickinson, 2-Levshunov, 3-Silayev, 4-Buium, 5-Jiricek, 6- Parekh, 7- Kiviharju, 8-Yakemchuk. But I know a lot of folks will disagree with those rankings. And that's before adding any forwards into the mix(I'm not even remotely ready to try ranking the forwards just yet).

It's just a really weird class to get a read on. There's just too much diversity in the skill sets available.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Well that’s just lazy on his part.

I see three guys that have the ability to become better. They are not better now nor are they guaranteed to be better.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
In terms of D prospects; I have it 1-Dickinson, 2-Levshunov, 3-Silayev, 4-Buium, 5-Jiricek, 6- Parekh, 7- Kiviharju, 8-Yakemchuk. But I know a lot of folks will disagree with those rankings. And that's before adding any forwards into the mix(I'm not even remotely ready to try ranking the forwards just yet).

It's just a really weird class to get a read on. There's just too much diversity in the skill sets available.
It sounds like there will be a d-man there for the Blues at 10 (or hopefully lower).

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Impossible to speculate.
Outside of Celebrini going #1, I'm not sure there's any kind of consensus on the top 5 picks right now. Even in terms of just name recognition.
One would think Eiserman is in the mix, but I've seen him dropped out of the top 10 on a few lists recently.
Cayden Lindstrom, same thing. Some have him as the current #2, others have him closer to 10.
Pretty much every name being hyped as a top 10 pick is the same way; one guy will have them ranked top 5, the next will have them in the 7-12 range(except for Trevor Connelly; for some reason he seems to consistently be in the aforementioned 7-12 range on almost everyone's list; which I really don't get given his speed/skill package; I really think people are sleeping on him a bit). You really can't speculate on who you want at #6 when picks 2-5 are this up in the air.

Good post. I see it being like last year as 1 or 2 guys get picked earlier than expected and we end up with a Levshunov still there or a Helenius falls or….an Eiserman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad