Prospect Info: Blues 2023-2024 Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
hes going to be our #1 center over Thomas in a few years.

I am not so sure. I don't know if he becomes a PPG player year in year out. I think ROR type. Solid 1B center who will win you draws if he continues down the development path he is currently on. He clearly has areas to work on like all players do that are his age.

To me, he is very much like Jake Neighbors who has a rough point and some fans gave up on him way to early or put too much emphasis on the start of the season. I think it we can be optimistic,

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
I am not so sure. I don't know if he becomes a PPG player year in year out. I think ROR type. Solid 1B center who will win you draws if he continues down the development path he is currently on. He clearly has areas to work on like all players do that are his age.

To me, he is very much like Jake Neighbors who has a rough point and some fans gave up on him way to early or put too much emphasis on the start of the season. I think it we can be optimistic,

Honestly if we get a 1B/2A caliber center à la ROR or Horvat from Dvorsky, that solidifies our center depth for the next decade between Thomas and Dvo. That's a win for the franchise, as you can try to bolster other areas of need and lower the emphasis on drafting and developing or acquiring high quality centers. Would love to see Dvo be the 1A centre and make Thomas the 1B/2A guy, giving us a monstrous 1/2 punch down the middle, but that's much less certain.

It can't be ignored, but some of the center bias when considering BPA at the draft can be lessened when comparing similar prospects.

Would love to see Dvo flourish, but I'm not particularly concerned as his D+1 season is pretty widely acknowledged as being on track or exceeding expectations for one of the younger 2023 draftees (I'd go as far as saying relative to all 2023 draftees outside the top 4).

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
Honestly if we get a 1B/2A caliber center à la ROR or Horvat from Dvorsky, that solidifies our center depth for the next decade between Thomas and Dvo. That's a win for the franchise, as you can try to bolster other areas of need and lower the emphasis on drafting and developing or acquiring high quality centers. Would love to see Dvo be the 1A centre and make Thomas the 1B/2A guy, giving us a monstrous 1/2 punch down the middle, but that's much less certain.

It can't be ignored, but some of the center bias when considering BPA at the draft can be lessened when comparing similar prospects.

Would love to see Dvo flourish, but I'm not particularly concerned as his D+1 season is pretty widely acknowledged as being on track or exceeding expectations for one of the younger 2023 draftees (I'd go as far as saying relative to all 2023 draftees outside the top 4).
not Benson either

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Dvorsky goal, Pekarcik 1+3 - 1.44 ppg which is 4th in the USHL. Fantastic season for him too

I love Pakarcik’s game. He reminds me of a bigger and better Sobotka (prior to his later contract when he turned soft and thought he was a skilled player instead of hell on skates)

Reactions: PerryTurnbullfan

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
anyone watch Springfield games? what's up with Dean??

Funny you ask ...

With just under seven minutes left in the period, rookie Zach Dean came up with his signature play of the season. The rookie centerman beautifully toe-dragged the puck from the left circle to walk around a defender before elevating a backhand shot over Garand's glove at 13:47, giving Springfield the lead back at 4-3 on his first goal in 13 games.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Funny you ask ...

With just under seven minutes left in the period, rookie Zach Dean came up with his signature play of the season. The rookie centerman beautifully toe-dragged the puck from the left circle to walk around a defender before elevating a backhand shot over Garand's glove at 13:47, giving Springfield the lead back at 4-3 on his first goal in 13 games.
I just happened to see that goal on the t birds insta recently, slick mitts there on the goal.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
I got the opportunity to watch Quinton Burns play last evening and walked away quite impressed. He is the #1 guy on his team though he isn’t one. He does look like a top 4 candidate. The skill that stood out most reminded me very much of Petro was his ability to make a long pass and spring a forward. Though they never finished. He did it on five different occasions. That’s some vision. Put him on Saginaw, Kitchener or London, he has 40-50 assists. The rest of his game was solid as advertised. That ability I was not aware of. Pretty slick passer.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I got the opportunity to watch Quinton Burns play last evening and walked away quite impressed. He is the #1 guy on his team though he isn’t one. He does look like a top 4 candidate. The skill that stood out most reminded me very much of Petro was his ability to make a long pass and spring a forward. Though they never finished. He did it on five different occasions. That’s some vision. Put him on Saginaw, Kitchener or London, he has 40-50 assists. The rest of his game was solid as advertised. That ability I was not aware of. Pretty slick passer.
This matches scouting reports that I read on him around draft time. The main area of weakness is his shot and vision in offensive zone, but defensively, skating, and transition, he's pretty good. Feels like he can be a solid 3rd pair guy or top 4 with the right partner.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
How was his decision making with puck? That more than skill with puck has always been the question with him to me.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
How was his decision making with puck? That more than skill with puck has always been the question with him to me.
There was nothing glaring that stood out, decision-making wise. Peterborough is a good for checking team. I can’t say when he didn’t have an option he did what you’re supposed to do. When in doubt chip it out.

He seem like the only defenseman looking to make a play and make quite a few

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
I watched one of the Frontenacs games fairly recently and thought he looked solid too. I love that he has sandpaper to his game. Excited to see how he develops that part of his game when he fills out some more. I'd love to see someone in the bottom 4 that's got some nastiness to their game.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
There was nothing glaring that stood out, decision-making wise. Peterborough is a good for checking team. I can’t say when he didn’t have an option he did what you’re supposed to do. When in doubt chip it out.

He seem like the only defenseman looking to make a play and make quite a few
Good. I think he has legit top 4 upside but is so far away the range of results are from mediocre ahl d to really good nhl d.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad