Prospect Info: Blues 2023-2024 Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Yeah, I just meant in terms of organization. It’s the minor league version of the SHL, right?
Yes, it’s Sweden’s 2nd tier pro league. The teams aren’t affiliated like NHL/AHL teams are though. SHL teams can be relegated to the Allsvenskan and Allsvenskan teams can be promoted to the SHL.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
One of the areas I've really liked his growth in this season is in finding quiet space. He has always had great shot and great hands, but for guy who is never going to be quickest skater it's imperative he learn how to consistently get to those open areas if he is going to be big scorer.
I agree. He looks to have that natural goal scoring ability and doesn’t panic. He doesn’t miss much even without any angle.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
It's a little frustrating that Stenberg and Lidstein aren't able to get minutes in the SHL. Really makes me wish they were over here. Hopefully AHL next year?

Reactions: Mike Liut

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
It's a little frustrating that Stenberg and Lidstein aren't able to get minutes in the SHL. Really makes me wish they were over here. Hopefully AHL next year?
It doesn't concern me at all right now. I wouldn't want either in the AHL at the moment and they are still playing a much higher level of competition than the CHL.

According to EliteProsepcts, LIndstein's contract is up this summer, so we will likely have long talks with him about his future. Either way, he will have the chance to explore other options than his current team (who got relegated last season).

Also according to EP, Stenberg's contract includes the 2024/25 season, so he will very likely continue with Frolunda. There are always ways to get out of those deals to sign an NHL deal, but he isn't NHL ready in 2024/25 and I doubt he's going to work to get out of his contract to play in the AHL. He's going to have to (and should) earn an SHL role in Frolunda next year.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
It doesn't concern me at all right now. I wouldn't want either in the AHL at the moment and they are still playing a much higher level of competition than the CHL.

According to EliteProsepcts, LIndstein's contract is up this summer, so we will likely have long talks with him about his future. Either way, he will have the chance to explore other options than his current team (who got relegated last season).

Also according to EP, Stenberg's contract includes the 2024/25 season, so he will very likely continue with Frolunda. There are always ways to get out of those deals to sign an NHL deal, but he isn't NHL ready in 2024/25 and I doubt he's going to work to get out of his contract to play in the AHL. He's going to have to (and should) earn an SHL role in Frolunda next year.
Agreed. They’re 18/19. Sweden’s 2nd tier pro league is a great place for them. Dvorsky should’ve stayed at that level too IMO.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Heck of a Beanpot final tonight between BU and Northeastern. Peterson had good size and top speed. Not terrible by any means, but not great acceleration or puck skills. Very odd skating stance/stride, bent over a LOT at the waist. Hopefully he can work on his skating, issues seem fixable to my untrained eye.

greybush314

Dec 23, 2020
Heck of a Beanpot final tonight between BU and Northeastern. Peterson had good size and top speed. Not terrible by any means, but not great acceleration or puck skills. Very odd skating stance/stride, bent over a LOT at the waist. Hopefully he can work on his skating, issues seem fixable to my untrained eye.
I've heard many times "If he only fixed his skating" but he's to old imo to think this is still a thing. I would think he'd have done it by now but from everything I've read his skating is actually worse than when we drafted him

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Wheeler ranked the Blues’ prospect pool 14th. Has Snuggerud 1st and Dvorsky 2nd in Tier 1, followed by Stenberg, Bolduc, Lindstein, and Dean in Tier 2. Lots of others are named in tiers below that.

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
Wheeler ranked the Blues’ prospect pool 14th. Has Snuggerud 1st and Dvorsky 2nd in Tier 1, followed by Stenberg, Bolduc, Lindstein, and Dean in Tier 2. Lots of others are named in tiers below that.
Wheeler has the same exact write up for Snuggy this year and he had last year. Add a line or two but he copied at pasted what he wrote from last year lol

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
This was awful list. I expected us higher, but setting that aside this list is not good. Doing 32 of these and draft previews I can’t imagine wheeler spends much time watching and evaluating prospects beyond top tier or so. Because if he did, he wouldn’t have guys like robertsson or beck, who have regressed and likely won’t even get signed, over kaskimaki or stancl (who both shone at WJC) or burns or others. and as @PJJJP pointed out, there is lots of these that are basically cut and pasted from previous write ups offs with only minimal updating. What a joke.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
This was awful list. I expected us higher, but setting that aside this list is not good. Doing 32 of these and draft previews I can’t imagine wheeler spends much time watching and evaluating prospects beyond top tier or so. Because if he did, he wouldn’t have guys like robertsson or beck, who have regressed and likely won’t even get signed, over kaskimaki or stancl (who both shone at WJC) or burns or others. and as @PJJJP pointed out, there is lots of these that are basically cut and pasted from previous write ups offs with only minimal updating. What a joke.
That's the issue with some of the prospect writers, they are just spread so thin, that they can't really do much. It would make more sense to have a dedicated draft writer and a writer that focus on them post-draft.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Scott Wheeler has always been the laziest evaluator out there. Most of his lists seem to match consensus, so he’s never criticized as much as Button or Pronman. But when you actually look into his analysis, they never describe talents or skills or specific weapons that will help the player in the future. He even admitted as to not watching Big-10 hockey back in 2021, the same year that had Johnson, Power, and Beniers on Michigan.

Every evaluator has quirks that, once taken into consideration, you can ignore and try to understand their point for any prospect. Even Button makes good points (called out Virtanen for being a lazy player well before he turned out to a POS as well as lazy). But I always find Wheeler’s work so milquetoast that there’s nothing to ignore nor ingest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad