Prospect Info: Blues 2023-2024 Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjniner

Feb 28, 2016
Thinking we trade Buch and hope to hit on another draft pick or two! Pushes the reb back a year, but, I’m thinking it is something DA should ex

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Thinking we trade Buch and hope to hit on another draft pick or two! Pushes the reb back a year, but, I’m thinking it is something DA should ex
Option 1 is to extend him(the odds of getting anybody as good as Buch in the Draft is extremely low).
If option 1 fails, then you trade him.

Our best bet at getting another 1st is to package our 2nd round picks. Although, admittedly, it can be very hard to find a partner in that scenario(especially if they're both closer to 50 than 40).

Reactions: Snubbed4Vezina

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Option 1 is to extend him(the odds of getting anybody as good as Buch in the Draft is extremely low).
If option 1 fails, then you trade him.

Our best bet at getting another 1st is to package our 2nd round picks. Although, admittedly, it can be very hard to find a partner in that scenario(especially if they're both closer to 50 than 40).
I agree with this. You're not going to get a top 15 pick for Buch. The odds of a player drafted in the latter half of the first round turning into a stud player who is as good as Buch are incredibly slim.

There's no reason we should trade Buch if he wants to stay here or we have a chance to move him for a stud defenseman who fits our timeline.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I finally got caught up on all my DVRd World Juniors and just a couple of quick thoughts.

- Overall all the Blues prospects had strong tournaments in my eyes, some more than others but I wouldn't say I came away disappointed by anyone.

- Lindstein was phenomenal, so calm back there and with a level of offense that was a pleasant surprise. There may be a lot more there than we originally thought when we drafted him.

- Snuggerud, I mean what else can be said. He knows how to find soft ice and his shot is amazing, definitely the closest to the NHL out of the crop.

- Dvorsky was IMO the most effective player of a perpetually outmatched roster. There were large chunks of games where his line was the only positive for that team.

- Stenberg knows where to go to be the most effective and he goes there constantly. He is work horse out there, creating and finishing plays. He will make his living pissing off other teams with his relentless forcheck and net front presence.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
16 goals in 20 NCAA games is pretty hilarious. I know he wasn’t given prime ice time, but I don’t understand how he only had 13 goals in two years total with the USNDT.

I hope he’s able to see action with the Blues this year. I will be in attendance for his first game in St. Louis, I’ll tell you that. Haven’t been this excited for a prospect since Vladi. Maybe Fabbri, but it’s close.

Reactions: Linkens Mastery

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
I finally got caught up on all my DVRd World Juniors and just a couple of quick thoughts.

- Overall all the Blues prospects had strong tournaments in my eyes, some more than others but I wouldn't say I came away disappointed by anyone.

- Lindstein was phenomenal, so calm back there and with a level of offense that was a pleasant surprise. There may be a lot more there than we originally thought when we drafted him.

- Snuggerud, I mean what else can be said. He knows how to find soft ice and his shot is amazing, definitely the closest to the NHL out of the crop.

- Dvorsky was IMO the most effective player of a perpetually outmatched roster. There were large chunks of games where his line was the only positive for that team.

- Stenberg knows where to go to be the most effective and he goes there constantly. He is work horse out there, creating and finishing plays. He will make his living pissing off other teams with his relentless forcheck and net front presence.
That was my takeaway with Dvorsky too. I watched every USA, Sweden, and Slovakia game and despite not lighting up the stat sheet, Dvorsky stood out to me in a good way. His 2G game was nice, but I thought he actually had his best game in the elimination game v. Finland.

I feel like when people compare Dvorsky to where they want him to be, they forget how young he actually is. He needs a little time to cook and improve his skating specifically, but any time someone talks about him, whether it's DA, his coaches in Sudbury, etc. they're always talking about his professional demeanor and how hard he works every day. He's going to be a good C for a long time for us because he has the drive and the skill to do so. He's going to be driving the top line for Slovakia at next year's WJC and I believe we'll be talking about him as a top performer once that tourney wraps up.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Mbereko is no slouch either. He’s a solid goalie. So even more impressive. That release is just unreal.
I was wondering about the skill level of the keeper but I guess Snuggy's release is just that good. On the last two goals specifically the keeper was absolutely frozen as Snuggy was slinging.

He's come back from the WJC with confidence because he's letting it rip any chance he gets and has 5 goals to show for it.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
16 goals in 20 NCAA games is pretty hilarious. I know he wasn’t given prime ice time, but I don’t understand how he only had 13 goals in two years total with the USNDT.

I hope he’s able to see action with the Blues this year. I will be in attendance for his first game in St. Louis, I’ll tell you that. Haven’t been this excited for a prospect since Vladi. Maybe Fabbri, but it’s close.
You’re only counting his USHL games. He scored 52 goals over his 2 years in the program when you also count the college exhibition games. 55 if you add the 3 he scored at the 2022 U18 tourney.

Reactions: Snubbed4Vezina

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018

Yeah, that 16 goals in 20 games is quite good. Last season he had 20 goals in 40 games and while it might 'feel' his last season was better (he had a lot more assists), he's scoring a lot more.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
One reason to be excited is that he seems to possess two elite shots - wrist-shot and one-timer. I don’t think his wrist-shot is as good as Tarasenko’s was (few are), but that versatility is huge (see Tage Thompson as an example). As an aside, I think Tarasenko could have had 50 in a season if he ever developed and utilized a one-timer.

Reactions: Mike Liut

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Stenberg-Thomas-Snuggeruud would absolutely hound pucks. Or Buch instead of Stenberg if he’s still here.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
My assessment was not based on highlights. I watched full games from J20, Allsvenskan, and the U18s. I'm not even necessarily down on Dvorsky.

Based on what you intially stated, I thought you said limited vieiwing in the CHL. So based on that it sure sounds like highlights.

I didn't know nor did you state you had watched him overseas. So clearly you have seen him more then I have and I apologize for jumping on you. Did you see him play at all this year, or just the 2022 - 2023?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad