Prospect Info: Blues 2023-2024 Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
So you saw some highlights in his draft year and some highlights this year. The problem I have with this is others will start parroting this as facts about his play Because they read it here and it creates a false narrative.
Have you seen otherwise in your viewings?

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Well, haven't seen any T-Birds games, but according to box scores, they're not putting up points.

I think we’ll be seeing Dean, Bolduc and Dvorsky in Springfield all next year. They aren’t anywhere near ready for the NHL.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Way too loaded on the left, but we now have a crop of Baby Blue D-men to watch.

Lindstein. 6.1 180
Gaudet 6.3 180
Burns 6.1. 180
Loof 6.2. 176
Koromyslov. 6.3. 180
Buchinger 5.11. 178
Fischer. 6.1. 195
Mayich 6.2. 187

And Kessel 6.2. 205

Zhernko getting lit up today. 3 goals against on the first 6 shots

Also gave up 5 on 23 shots two games okay.

Might have a bit of a goalie wall.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Bolduc is at least showing a pulse.

But Dean’s stat line of 4 points and a -12 in 30 games is awful.

i really liked how Dean plays from his videos. He’s a hard nosed player with tenacity and skill. I hope he puts it together.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
I wouldn't worry too much about Dvo. He's the youngest player in his draft class if I remember correctly. It's basically like we got a 2024 draft pick in 2023. We shouldn't be too quick to judge.

You're talking about Pekarcik with his September 12, 2005 birthday.

Dvorsky was born June 15, 2005. Still a later birthday in the draft eligibility window, given the Sept 15, 2005 birthdate cutoff - but not the youngest player in the class.

I think that Pekarcik would probably climbs into the 2nd round if he'd been born a week later, and was first time draft eligible this year instead. Not exactly remarkable at the WJC from the scoresheet, but very effective on the forecheck for Slovakia, coupled with good USHL numbers this season (tied for 20th in USHL scoring with 18gp 5g-22-27p, everyone ahead of him in scoring has played 25-33 games) (Jake Sondreal leads the USHL with 31gp 15g-25-40p in his second year in the league).

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Have you seen otherwise in your viewings?

I haven’t. Because I don't think you can tell much from a 10 sec highlights of him scoring or a 2 minute highlight reel of a game - where they show all of the goals.

Can you judge skills based on 10 sec hightlights? Honestly, I can't even really comment about his skating based on those - and we know it isn't a strength. I can look at his production and comment about that - But fans who watch him at Sudbury are in a much better position to comment on him and his skills.

The scouting reports have been pretty clear about his skating, but they don't talk about him making plays at high speed - 1 way or the other. So a poster makes a statement about certain aspects of his game - positive or negative based on highlights.... You should question that.

The problem I have is it creates a bullshit narrative that will be parroted by others as facts. If he had seen him play multiple games then please present that, but we need to be careful about what we putout about a players game with limited viewings.

Looking at scouting reports -

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
OHL trade deadline is in 2 days, there were some rumors last week that Guelph made Buchinger available for a trade for the right package. One of the teams rumored to be interested was the Sudbury Wolves. It would be very interesting to see Buchinger and Dvorsky on the same team.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
OHL trade deadline is in 2 days, there were some rumors last week that Guelph made Buchinger available for a trade for the right package. One of the teams rumored to be interested was the Sudbury Wolves. It would be very interesting to see Buchinger and Dvorsky on the same team.
Please yes

Reactions: ezcreepin

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
I haven’t. Because I don't think you can tell much from a 10 sec highlights of him scoring or a 2 minute highlight reel of a game - where they show all of the goals.

Can you judge skills based on 10 sec hightlights? Honestly, I can't even really comment about his skating based on those - and we know it isn't a strength. I can look at his production and comment about that - But fans who watch him at Sudbury are in a much better position to comment on him and his skills.

The scouting reports have been pretty clear about his skating, but they don't talk about him making plays at high speed - 1 way or the other. So a poster makes a statement about certain aspects of his game - positive or negative based on highlights.... You should question that.

The problem I have is it creates a bullshit narrative that will be parroted by others as facts. If he had seen him play multiple games then please present that, but we need to be careful about what we putout about a players game with limited viewings.

Looking at scouting reports -
My viewing with all the other players and blues prospect camp was him clearly being the most talented player there. That includes Snuggerud.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
So you saw some highlights in his draft year and some highlights this year. The problem I have with this is others will start parroting this as facts about his play Because they read it here and it creates a false narrative.
I saw it in the SHL this year, and it certainly fits with his assessment. When the game sped up around him he had a very hard time finding teammates and defaulted to entering from the middle of the ice and taking a harmless shot. It's probably something he can work on with time to figure it out and coaching, but it's been clear from his first game there that it won't happen in the OHL.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I think we're looking to far into how 10 games in the SHL. There were a ton of factors that played into that while ordeal. While he didn't play great, it was only 10 games and while hindsight is 50/50 they were not a team that was able to help the progression of a prospect. Especially with the possibility of relegation.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I think we're looking to far into how 10 games in the SHL. There were a ton of factors that played into that while ordeal. While he didn't play great, it was only 10 games and while hindsight is 50/50 they were not a team that was able to help the progression of a prospect. Especially with the possibility of relegation.
It's not the end all be all, but we can't just ignore them. Players have patterns they use to find success and a lot of those patterns do not work at higher levels against stronger and faster players. Confidence is one thing, but Dvorsky has dominated junior levels and struggled at professional levels. I wish we could put him in the NCAA because I'm concerned at how the transition to the AHL will be for him since that's league that's just as good as the SHL with harder nosed players.

Reactions: Majorityof1

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
My assessment was not based on highlights. I watched full games from J20, Allsvenskan, and the U18s. I'm not even necessarily down on Dvorsky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad