Prospect Info: Blues 2023-2024 Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Lindstein and Stenberg made Sweden's roster for the five nations tournament as expected.

That’s fairly impressive Lindstein made the team given he’s an ‘05 also competing with the ‘04s. Also, he earned a spot and Willander didn’t.

That said, they likely weren’t competing for the same spots as Willander is a righty and Sweden’s a little deeper on the right side. But it’s impressive Lindstein made the team.

Not surprising but also a good thing Stenberg made it.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
That’s fairly impressive Lindstein made the team given he’s an ‘05 also competing with the ‘04s. Also, he earned a spot and Willander didn’t.

That said, they likely weren’t competing for the same spots as Willander is a righty and Sweden’s a little deeper on the right side. But it’s impressive Lindstein made the team.

Not surprising but also a good thing Stenberg made it.
willander playing at BU probably kept him off this team. i would still expect he makes u20 team (along with ASP and Lindstein) for wjc.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Ehhh, what? Up to this point, he's only played one KHL game this entire season while spending most of his time in either the MHL or VHL. He's not even the number-one defenseman for SKA's VHL team. Not saying he's never going to be a number one D. for a top KHL team, but if so, he's probably years away form being one.
It’s a little disappointing Koromyslov spent most of last season with SKA’s KHL team but they pretty much immediately demoted him…and then he got demoted again. He’s the leading D scorer on the Jr team but I was thinking he had moved past Jrs.

It’s hard to keep tabs on him though as there’s virtually no video. Hopefully he picks it up and he’s able to find his way over for Prospect Camp over the summer like Vorobyov did.

Speaking of Vorobyov, he scored 3 goals in 5 VHL games and got promoted to the KHL. 0 pts in 2 games so far but at least he’s moving in the right direction.

He plays for *checks notes* Vityaz Moscow Region. I thought I at least knew of all of the KHL teams but can honestly say I’ve never seen those 3 words together before until just now. Apparently they have 1 season with a record above .500 in their 15 years of existence. Nice.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
willander playing at BU probably kept him off this team. i would still expect he makes u20 team (along with ASP and Lindstein) for wjc.
Good point.

But it’ll be hard for that many ‘05s to make a team the ‘04s are still eligible for. Sweden is bringing 8 d-men to the 5 Nations but pretty sure they’re limited to 7 for the WJC. I hope both Lindstein and Stenberg make it though.

We have lots of guys that are either locks or at least in the running for going to the WJC.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Ehhh, what? Up to this point, he's only played one KHL game this entire season while spending most of his time in either the MHL or VHL. He's not even the number-one defenseman for SKA's VHL team. Not saying he's never going to be a number one D. for a top KHL team, but if so, he's probably years away form being one.

I like Koromyslov as a prospect, but he's not the number-one defenseman for SKA. He's only played in 1 KHL game this year. He's split the year in the VHL and MHL. The VHL is like the KHL equivalent of the AHL and the MHL is like the Russian equivalent of the CHL.

Huh. Must’ve been demoted, because he was playing in the KHL last year. That’s concerning.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Good point.

But it’ll be hard for that many ‘05s to make a team the ‘04s are still eligible for. Sweden is bringing 8 d-men to the 5 Nations but pretty sure they’re limited to 7 for the WJC. I hope both Lindstein and Stenberg make it though.

We have lots of guys that are either locks or at least in the running for going to the WJC.
Fair, but my recollection is that the 05 group has had much more success than the 04 in other competitions. The '05 D (at least the 3 who were 1st rounders) are just so much more talented than the 04s for Sweden. I would expect all 3 make it (along with stenberg, edstrom, and maybe another 05 F or 2) onto WJC team.

Reactions: PerryTurnbullfan

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
190 is probably closer to NHL weight (lower end)
Not far off.

I checked the average NHL players' weights after I saw the comment. It averages around 199.5 lbs for all positions. Centers, surprisingly, being the lightest of the groups and defense being the heaviest, on average. It didn't give any St. Deviations, but I would assume it would be in the range of 10 lbs. per standard deviation.

So yeah, 190 is not light at all in terms of hockey. On the lower end, sure.

Reactions: PerryTurnbullfan

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Dvo with an assist
Bolduc with an assist
Buchinger with an assist, but -4
Burns and Mayich no points
Snuggs. Blanked this week in their two losses.

Reactions: HighNote

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Nine goals in seven games for Gaudette! It'd be great the Blues could get a strong contribution out of nowhere from a late bloomer.

Reactions: RORbacon

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Nine goals in seven games for Gaudette! It'd be great the Blues could get a strong contribution out of nowhere from a late bloomer.
I wouldn’t bet on him finally getting it and becoming impact player at 27, but he has scored at every level (was great college player) below nhl. Stranger things have happened. And his Corsi has always been solid in previous nhl stops, so not like he was caved in. I’d be in favor of giving him a shot.

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I wouldn’t bet on him finally getting it and becoming impact player at 27, but he has scored at every level (was great college player) below nhl. Stranger things have happened. And his Corsi has always been solid in previous nhl stops, so not like he was caved in. I’d be in favor of giving him a shot.
Gaudette scored 33 pts in 59 games for the Canucks a few years ago so he’s already shown he’s capable of playing in the Show.

I think the assumption was that he had taken a step back or younger players have passed him but he deserves a shot IMO. I don’t care what league you’re playing in - 9 goals in 7 games is impressive.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Gaudette scored 33 pts in 59 games for the Canucks a few years ago so he’s already shown he’s capable of playing in the Show.

I think the assumption was that he had taken a step back or younger players have passed him but he deserves a shot IMO. I don’t care what league you’re playing in - 9 goals in 7 games is impressive.
Canucks exiled him bc they blamed him for spreading covid throughout team. He apparently was less than diligent on following isolation rules during Covid season and got many teammates sick (including sutter who ended up getting long Covid and ended his career). Canucks organization seemingly never forgave him for it.

Reactions: STL fan in MN

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Canucks exiled him bc they blamed him for spreading covid throughout team. He apparently was less than diligent on following isolation rules during Covid season and got many teammates sick (including sutter who ended up getting long Covid and ended his career). Canucks organization seemingly never forgave him for it.
Oh damn. I never knew that.

Quaz

Mar 15, 2006
St Louis
Oh damn. I never knew that.
Hadn’t heard about that either. Seems like a crazy thing to blame someone for. I hope he gets a chance with the Blues. He has good size and looks great for the T-birds. Not sure Neighbours deserves to be sent down, and it would suck to lose Alexandrov to waivers so he may have to wait for an injury call up.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Never knew that. I hope he forces his way onto the Blues' roster now.

Reactions: Reality Czech
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad