Prospect Info: Blues 2023-2024 Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Yep. NHL or Sudbury Wolves (Quintin Musty) holds his CHL rights.
Or AHL.

But if he wasn’t ready for the SHL then I doubt he’s ready for the AHL either. He’s already dominated Jrs though so maybe Sudbury isn’t the best option either. But that’s at least get him in N.A. sized rinks and he’d get tons of ice time.

I’ll be interested to see where the Blues place him.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Or AHL.

But if he wasn’t ready for the SHL then I doubt he’s ready for the AHL either. He’s already dominated Jrs though so maybe Sudbury isn’t the best option either. But that’s at least get him in N.A. sized rinks and he’d get tons of ice time.

I’ll be interested to see where the Blues place him.
I don't think he's able to go to the AHL due to being tied to a CHL team. but, I could be totally wrong.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I don't think he's able to go to the AHL due to being tied to a CHL team. but, I could be totally wrong.
Pretty sure you’re wrong. What matters is what team/league he’s drafted out of, which was the Allsvenskan. Doesn’t matter if he then goes and plays in the CHL later. The CHL under-20 rule doesn’t apply to him.

The NCAA is not an option due to the signed contract, correct?
Correct. Unless he was on a Jr contract but he was almost certainly on a pro contract.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Pretty sure you’re wrong. What matters is what team/league he’s drafted out of, which was the Allsvenskan. Doesn’t matter if he then goes and plays in the CHL later. The CHL under-20 rule doesn’t apply to him.

Correct. Unless he was on a Jr contract but he was almost certainly on a pro contract.
CHL time confuse me sorry

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
CHL time confuse me sorry

CHL cannot control where a player goes who has never signed a CHL contract. They draft players in case they come to the CHL, but that only applies if they sign a CHL contract. Since Dvorsky has never played CHL, it's doubtful he signed a contract. Hence he can go to AHL if we want. Or he can sign with CHL this year and then would be under the no AHL rule.

ECHL is also an option if he is not AHL ready. Give him more PT against weaker comp, then call him to AHL next year.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Would've liked to see Dvorsky in the NCAA but not an option as previous commenters have noted. We'll see what plans the Blues have for him in NA.

Reactions: Stealth JD

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Dvorsky and musty together in Sudbury is gonna be so nasty.

Would’ve been cool if we took musty 25 and had that connection now. But can’t complain about the direction we went

Side note: Stenberg looks like he’s been fantastic to start the year so far.
I watched two Frolunda games and Stenberg has been very noticeable at both ends of the ice. He catches your eye when he's out there because he always seems to have his nose in the play. You can tell he's a high-effort player. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's makes a noticeable contribution with the Blues before Dvorsky.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
I watched two Frolunda games and Stenberg has been very noticeable at both ends of the ice. He catches your eye when he's out there because he always seems to have his nose in the play. You can tell he's a high-effort player. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's makes a noticeable contribution with the Blues before Dvorsky.
How very Steen of him to have his nose everywhere :laugh:

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Snuggerud 1+1 in a 4-0 win against North Dakota
Yep, pretty dominant win for Minn on the road. They were up 2-0, scored an empty netter late and then on the next shift, Snuggy adds insult to injury to make it 4-0. His first shot was actually more impressive. I’ll see if I can find video but he got it off super quick while covered then got to his own rebound and snapped it home.

EDIT: Snuggerud goal:
https://x.com/ncaaicehockey/status/1715560719872037325?s=46&t=9OS6EGwdlWVGv1K-FGmcAg

Dvorsky also scored in his debut for Sudbury. Nice feed to him on the PP and he sniped the corner from a side angle.

Last edited:

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Yep, pretty dominant win for Minn on the road. They were up 2-0, scored an empty netter late and then on the next shift, Snuggy adds insult to injury to make it 4-0. His first shot was actually more impressive. I’ll see if I can find video but he got it off super quick while covered then got to his own rebound and snapped it home.

EDIT: Snuggerud goal:
https://x.com/ncaaicehockey/status/1715560719872037325?s=46&t=9OS6EGwdlWVGv1K-FGmcAg

Dvorsky also scored in his debut for Sudbury. Nice feed to him on the PP and he sniped the corner from a side angle.

Buchinger 1g, 1a and the first star.
Burns, -4 but I think it is his first game of the year.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
To illustrate Otto Stenberg's play: In his first shift today v. Farjestad he flies into the corner to the right of the net to dig out a puck in support, puck goes behind the net where he steals the puck and creates a good scoring opportunity in front (teammate missed). He's the first forward back into the D-zone giving his D-man a quick outlet option, cradles the pass perfectly and makes a perfect pass in transition. Nothing comes of the rush but Stenberg tallies a good hit along the left side boards on the puck carrier before heading off.

He's all over the place. He looks comfortable out there and I'm excited to see how his two-way game develops. All indications show that he's going to be an absolute pain in the ass to play against.

Last edited:

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
To illustrate Otto Stenberg's play: In his first shift today v. Farjestad he flies into the corner to the right of the net to dig out a puck in support, puck goes behind the net where he steals the puck and creates a good scoring opportunity in front (teammate missed). He's the first forward back into the D-zone giving his D-man a quick outlet option, cradles the pass perfectly and makes a perfect pass in transition. Nothing comes of the rush but Stenberg tallies a good hit along the left side boards on the puck carrier before heading off.

He's all over the place. He looks comfortable out there and I'm excited to see how his two-way game develops. All indications show that he's going to be an absolute pain in the ass to play against.

And he is doing it in the same league at the same age as Dvorksy had to be pulled from. Maybe he is our top prospect? Different team and different usage, so it could be on how well he is set up to succeed. But it seems like he is doing the little things to help the other team win, and earn his place in the lineup. That is good news for Otto.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
And he is doing it in the same league at the same age as Dvorksy had to be pulled from. Maybe he is our top prospect? Different team and different usage, so it could be on how well he is set up to succeed. But it seems like he is doing the little things to help the other team win, and earn his place in the lineup. That is good news for Otto.
Big difference is stenberg came up through frolunda system. He knows what they want and they are invested in his development. Dvo was new guy and when things got tough was easy for club to bail on him. Plus frolunda isn’t I think on verge of getting relegated so they can be a bit patient.

Reactions: TK 421

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Big difference is stenberg came up through frolunda system. He knows what they want and they are invested in his development. Dvo was new guy and when things got tough was easy for club to bail on him. Plus frolunda isn’t I think on verge of getting relegated so they can be a bit patient.

No, the big difference from the admittedly little I watched was that Stenburg played much better. He was committed to both sides of the ice, he played smart and within his game and he used his teammates. Dvorsky tried to do it all on his own and was seemingly lost at times. The things you described may have exacerbated it. But don't make Dvorsky the victim here. If he played well, a team on the verge of relegation (a bad team) would play a good player. He has things he needs to work on if he will be successful at higher levels.

Last edited:

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
No, the big difference from the admittedly little I watched was that Stenburg played much better. He was committed to both sides of the ice, he played smart and within his game and he used his teammates. Dvorsky tried to do it all on his won and was seemingly lost at times. The things you described may have exacerbated it. But don't make Dvorsky the victim here. If he played well, a team on the verge of relegation (a bad team) would play a good player. He has things he needs to work on if he will be successful at higher levels.
Certainly Dvo ain't without blame, but he is 18. I expect all these guys to make mistakes, get frustrated, and generally be 18. Which is why it's so important that they have club that will actually nurture and cultivate them. That is difference I was pointing to with him and Stenberg. But I agree that Stenberg is heckuva prospect and while I don't expect it, I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up the best of our forward prospects.

Reactions: southsider
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad