Blue Bombers 2022 Season Thread - Stunning Loss. Dynasty Interrupted. 2023 awaits.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

In response, Tom Hanks. :laugh:

FKm0si2VgAMeMul

MarkWheeler

Dec 16, 2018

happy retirement harris?

Very pleasantly surprised with this! I thought for sure even if Harris was gone, that Oliveira would be priority number 1 for them and Augustine was likely gone. But I still think Augustine has potential to be the better of the two. Excited to see if we get both back this season. I’d be shocked if Brady O. wasn’t back. And chances are, at least one of them will have a great season!

Reactions: WolfHouse

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
I think this does suggest Harris is retiring. Hmm..
Maybe Harris will retire for the first 3/4 of the season, and if our RB situation is suffering he'll sign near the end. His body could probably use some serious recovery time... And he obviously can just pick up and slot in with no issues (assuming he'd keep in shape). I wouldn't normally think this was plausible but Harris is a unique case...

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Maybe Harris will retire for the first 3/4 of the season, and if our RB situation is suffering he'll sign near the end. His body could probably use some serious recovery time... And he obviously can just pick up and slot in with no issues (assuming he'd keep in shape). I wouldn't normally think this was plausible but Harris is a unique case...

It's possible. Just surprising I guess I thought Harris would be back for another go round.

Honestly I don't think a Thunder (Oliveira) and Lightning (Augustine) RB group would suffer though, in fact I'd say we will again be the best run team in CFL. Both those guys are high quality backs, a knockoff canadian version of Roberts-Sellers days. Kyle Borsa is another wildcard in there as well.

I guess the good news is this likely frees up a bit of money. Augustine is good and unlike Harris has the legitimate FA threat to use, but hell still be cheaper than Harris would be.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Farhan hinting a Harris retirement coming today.

EDIT: Farhan deleted it a few minutes later. I'm 99% sure Harris will retire now.

Last edited:

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
As long as that OL stays intact, any decent RB should be able to find success.

Count me as being higher on Augustine than Oli.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Sometimes a player needs to know it's time to retire sometimes the team needs to know when it's time move on, might be a little bit of both re Harris

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Farhan hinting a Harris retirement coming today.

EDIT: Farhan deleted it a few minutes later. I'm 99% sure Harris will retire now.

Yes im quoting myself BUT apparently I read the situation wrong as Farhan now saying Harris 100% wants to play, but no talks between Bombers and Harris. Very odd situation not sure what to make of it all. I just dont see Harris leaving but who knows.

None

Feb 22, 2012
I think if he wants to play the Bombers basically need to make it work assuming Harris realizes that he probably won't play all 18 regular season games and his cap hit reflects that.

Reactions: snowkiddin

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Yes im quoting myself BUT apparently I read the situation wrong as Farhan now saying Harris 100% wants to play, but no talks between Bombers and Harris. Very odd situation not sure what to make of it all. I just dont see Harris leaving but who knows.

I have a hard time believing that Walters/Osh would just move on from Harris without any attempt to re-sign... probably trying for 90-100k though

And yes I still think Harris ends up with a Winnipeg side gig same as Biggie...

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Harris probably wants too much and it's not like we don't have anyone to fill his spot.

Any rumors on kicker? Will we just wait till halfway again and find one cheap?

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Yup sure sounds like Harris wants to continue playing and I'm sure the Bombers would love to get him signed but there comes a time when you have to say no when a player wants more than you want to pay him and said player is getting a little long in the tooth running back wise

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Yup sure sounds like Harris wants to continue playing and I'm sure the Bombers would love to get him signed but there comes a time when you have to say no when a player wants more than you want to pay him and said player is getting a little long in the tooth running back wise
That’s what Wally buono said

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Hanks meeting a real band. At least it wasn't the Arkells .......

Arkells >>>>> Sheepdogs.

I've never really gotten the Sheepdogs love. They are very very mediocre at best, IMO. Arkells have 15 songs better than anything ever released by Sheepdogs.

Arkells aren't like a top 10 band or anything for me, but they are real solid. Don't get the hate myself. I understand the Hamilton band in Hamilton so some might not like it, but I'd love if a Winnipeg band like Crash Test Dummies, Comeback Kid, or Jet Set Satellite or something did a Winnipeg GC. Yes I know that those aren't big enough for a GC show, there's not many big Winnipeg acts that are relevant past 1990 haha.

Reactions: slurpee addict

SUX2BU

User of an ad-infested forum
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Arkells >>>>> Sheepdogs.

I've never really gotten the Sheepdogs love. They are very very mediocre at best, IMO. Arkells have 15 songs better than anything ever released by Sheepdogs.

Arkells aren't like a top 10 band or anything for me, but they are real solid. Don't get the hate myself. I understand the Hamilton band in Hamilton so some might not like it, but I'd love if a Winnipeg band like Crash Test Dummies, Comeback Kid, or Jet Set Satellite or something did a Winnipeg GC. Yes I know that those aren't big enough for a GC show, there's not many big Winnipeg acts that are relevant past 1990 haha.

I guess it boils down to taste

Sheepdogs are similar to bands I listened too and liked in the 70s and 80s. They were good at the 2019 NHL Heritage Classic in Regina.

Arkells, I guess, are and will be an acquired taste for myself (kind of like Nickelback).

As of late, I don't mind a couple of Nickelback's tunes so in due time, the Arkells will be liked by myself as well .... (just not right now) :sarcasm:

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I guess it boils down to taste

Sheepdogs are similar to bands I listened too and liked in the 70s and 80s. They were good at the 2019 NHL Heritage Classic in Regina.

Arkells, I guess, are and will be an acquired taste for myself (kind of like Nickelback).

As of late, I don't mind a couple of Nickelback's tunes so in due time, the Arkells will be liked by myself as well .... (just not right now) :sarcasm:

I mean Nickelback is the exact opposite of what Arkells do, but ok...? Arkells are off-brand alt rock, Nickelback is stale mass consumerism pop rock...

Like I'm not even the biggest Arkells fan, but that's just not a good comparaison. If you want a comparison they are more modern day Matthew Good Band than Nickelback. Sheepdogs are much closer to Nickelback than Arkells if I'm being honest.

Last edited:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Arkells >>>>> Sheepdogs.

Personal preference, I think. I thought the Arkells blew massive chunks at the Grey Cup, but they aren't my kind of music so it was gonna be a tough sell for me anyway.

Reactions: Fairview

SUX2BU

User of an ad-infested forum
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
I mean Nickelback is the exact opposite of what Arkells do, but ok...? Arkells are off-brand alt rock, Nickelback is boring ass stale no talent mass consumerism stuff...

Like I'm not even the biggest Arkells fan, but that's just not a good comparaison. If you want a comparison they are more modern day Matthew Good Band than Nickelback. Sheepdogs are much closer to Nickelback than Arkells if I'm being honest.

You know your stuff on the Blue Bombers and cudos to that. I respect what you bring here.

I have been a Bomber fan for over 50 years and find this portion of the board very informative.

However, let's agree to disagree on music taste here.

I'm sure I have been listening to music longer than you have and like I said, music is an acquired taste. I like the majority of types that are out there.

As well, I said I didn't mind a couple of Nickelback tunes, but that doesn't make me a fully vested fan.

Like I said, I may not like them (Arkells) now, but later on, who knows ......

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
You know your stuff on the Blue Bombers and cudos to that. I respect what you bring here.

I have been a Bomber fan for over 50 years and find this portion of the board very informative.

However, let's agree to disagree on music taste here.

I'm sure I have been listening to music longer than you have and like I said, music is an acquired taste. I like the majority of types that are out there.

As well, I said I didn't mind a couple of Nickelback tunes, but that doesn't make me a fully vested fan.

Like I said, I may not like them (Arkells) now, but later on, who knows ......

Honestly I prepping a really big post (update to my predictions from post Grey Cup re-signings, and I didn't want to post it as the last post on a page so I was trying to kill the page so my big post can be near the top of the next page ;) so yeah no hard feelings.

It was OT and I don't care all that much but I thought Arkells killed it at the GC.

Last edited:
Reactions: wpgallday1960

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad